Corrour

Mallaig Stn

Yes , 

The X in a square is the icon for Telephone  and the sideways  mushroom is a sign for a plunger. 

Robert  

• Thanks 1

Thanks for that Robert - i thought one would be a phone of sorts but hadn't  thought of a plunger.

On 17/04/2017 at 22:38, stovepipe said:

Transhipment of fish and goods, and in earlier times coal and perhaps cattle.

13943197082_a9abf281eb_b.jpgMallaig. by Keith Long, on Flickr

I really should have kept up with this thread.

Coal was loaded directly from rail wagons into fishing vessel bunkers via a chute.  (source: My late father-in-law)

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Posted (edited)
On 26/01/2019 at 09:20, McRuss said:

Hello,

it's me again. On your plans there seems to be a short platform opposit of the Bayplatform tracks. Is these correct and are there any photos of it?

Markus

Here's one ^_^

Used now for storage of PW and S&T materials, and in March this year as a work site (with temporary portacabin buildings) for the replacement of platform 2's copings and surface.

Taken today (Friday 8th May), just as the run of glorious sunny weather seems to have broken.

IMG_20200508_103327[1].jpg

I'll try and get one from the other side when I take the dog out later this afternoon.

Cheers

David

Edit2: Don't know why that has come in as a link...

Edited by DavidBird
Dog walking
  • Like 2

Hello David,

thank you for the picture. But in the plans there seems to be a platform at the stationbuilding end.

Markus

Hi Markus, I know what you are describing and I think it is a short dock, separate from the area with the oil tanks and only able to take 2-3 4 wheel wagons.

The best picture I can find is attached but is too poor to make out the end of the siding clearly.

I'll keep looking,

Jim759989534_MallaigwithClass27s.jpg.d43c20552a2f3dd42670e1e31f03c178.jpg

Markus, if you look back to page 1 of this post, on 14th Feb Jamie attached 3 photos which all show the area in question as it was in the mid 70s. Unfortunately what they illustrate is that the dock has been taken out of use and has been bulldozed, probably for extra parking.  

Regards

Jim