Taunton 2015 - cake poll

Captain Kernow

Let them eat cake  

42 members have voted

1. 1. During the afternoon at Members' day there's an opportunity to indulge in some fine cakes; what would you like?

• I'm coming to Taunton and I'd like a slice of Chocolate & Guiness cake (popular last year)
    • I'm coming to Taunton and I'd like a slice of Date & Walnut cake (essential for Jerry Clifford)
    • I'm coming to Taunton and I'd like a slice of Ginger Cake (won't be tampered with by the Captain, doesn't like ginger)
    • I'm coming to Taunton and I'd like a slice of Gluten-free sponge cake
    • I'm coming to Taunton and I'd like a slice of Lemon & caramel cake
    • I'm coming to Taunton and I'd like a slice of New York cheese cake (may or may not be one of the Captain's favourites)

• RMweb Gold

I have now voted, although the Chocolate & Guiness cake was popular last year I spent some time trying to convince members that in fact it was horrible as I have to admit to having more than one slice(s) and wanted to ensure there was enough to go round for more than just yummy seconds....

Opps I don't think I should have typed all of that...sometimes my fingers are just too honest for my own good...

• RMweb Gold

Taunton, being in Somerset, is in the heart of England and I'd be very happy if some morris dancers were to ask permission to give us a twirl in the car park.

Morris dancing (both the type with handkerchiefs and sticks or Morris cars) is strictly forbidden inside the hall, it's in the terms and conditions..... honest..!

Judging by the car park in previous years I reckon the only Morris dancers you'll get in there are Polly's off Camel Quay :O

• RMweb Gold

And not only Dorset Knobs - they have a wonderful Ukrainian baker who bakes on Tuesdays - Fridays. She produces the most marvellous breads, quiches, Danish pastries and best of all doughnuts - all at incredibly low prices. Really worth a visit if you are travelling along the A35 through Morcombelake. No connection, just a very overweight customer.

Godfrey

• RMweb Gold

On the subject of Morris dancing, here we see a splinter group, the Porlock Morris Discotheque dancers performing to the Bee Gees ' Saturday brake lever'...Note the small knob at the side of the Traveller......

post-14122-0-62879900-1423262348.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Mmmm, I see, it's like that is it?

What about the pressed local militia then?

Where's the option for 

1. " I'm already in Taunton and I'd like a slice of New York cheese cake when the furriners from beyond Swindon visit.(may or may not be one of the Captain's pressed native pack bearers and table shifters favourites)"?

Bloomin post-colonialist neo-Tamarist discrimination is what it is.

:jester: 

edited to say, I voted for cheesecake,  :blush:, and that the local contingent will again await the coming of umm great white Kapitan and shift tables in his hall 

• RMweb Gold

I don't know about Morris dancing, but working on the modular layout involves a degree of limbo dancing, or as close to it as arthritic joints will allow. Perhaps connecting the wiring between modules will be easier this year...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived