FARISH 2015/16 SPECULATION

Crepello

• RMweb Premium

I hope that they announce that they have made significant progress on all of the models they announced last year. At the last update, the impression was that they had barely started researching some models, let alone began the CAD work. 

My gut instinct is that I will be let down with this hope. 

Edit - I'd forgotten that very little was announced last year and was more thinking of the missing items from the 2013-14 range.

I would like to see an updated 25/3, and I would have thought an updated Class 40 would be a top seller. But then a lot of people last year said the Class 40 would be a cert, but it didn't materialise of course. So who knows?

A few more updated Class 47's would surely be a reasonably straightforward option. Personally I would like to see a large logo 47 without the flush fronts. Not many loco's you can renumber 47535 to (458, 614 - about it..). I imagine that railfreight red stripe and railfreight triple grey as per the latest 4mm scale offerings could be on the cards, and probably would be good sellers alongside the recent Class 37 offerings covering a similar period.

Cheers,

Paul

• RMweb Gold

I think if last years announcements are anything to go by, we shouldn't expect a large number of new models to be announced!

Old Farish models still to be retooled must surely be high up the list though, and for that reason I'd be suprised if one of the Class 40, Class 158, 2P, 8F and Crab didn't feature in the lineup.

Personally, I'd love to see a Lord Nelson, or 4MT 4-6-0.

Tom.

Hmmm let's see,

Updated Class 40 & 45 would cover off my 60s ScR roster, and some Thompson coaches and some smaller locos like J27, J36, J37 would be nice for 50s roster. Oh and a K3.

Still mustn't be too greedy  :no:

Cheers

Dave

I think if last years announcements are anything to go by, we shouldn't expect a large number of new models to be announced!Old Farish models still to be retooled must surely be high up the list though, and for that reason I'd be suprised if one of the Class 40, Class 158, 2P, 8F and Crab didn't feature in the lineup.Personally, I'd love to see a Lord Nelson, or 4MT 4-6-0.Tom.

Hint I got was that a retooled version of a steam loco was in the program... The 8F would be an obvious one with many parts in common with the Black 5 but that raises the question why it didn't follow sooner after that, and would they want to revert to the Black 5's tender drive, or could they take the mechanism from the WD as the starting point for a loco drive version??

I'd prefer a scaled down version of the NRM Compound - they now have the right tender courtesy of the 4F but a 4-4-0 would be something completely new to the range...

• RMweb Premium

There must be a new 158.  Just starting in N gauge myself I took one look at the current vague lump of plastic that masquerades as a Class 158, laughed at how poor it was, especially the all important front end, laughed even more at the price being asked for it and walked away.

• RMweb Gold

The 2014/15 range consisted mostly of the Birdcage stock and a few reliveries, so not a great deal to appear from that.

From the 2013/14 range we still have several locos yet to appear, although the A2, Class 31, 4F, Merchant Navy & N Class are all expected within the next 5-6 months. This leaves just the Castle, 64XX & 4MT Tank still outstanding.

Tom.

• RMweb Premium

I would have thought that perhaps more updates of older models might be on the cards, such as the 2P, 8F, and Crab. As the smaller locos do seem quite popular and sell well, the 2P would be my bet given suitable tenders already exist.

Izzy

There must be a new 158.  Just starting in N gauge myself I took one look at the current vague lump of plastic that masquerades as a Class 158, laughed at how poor it was, especially the all important front end, laughed even more at the price being asked for it and walked away.

As  a  long  time   n Gauger ( since '68  and  still am   although  not  in  UK  N  at the moment)  when  the  58  was released  it  was  hauiled  as  a gigantic  step  forward  both in  terms  of  performance  and looks!  It  served   quite  a lot  of N gauge  Modellers  well for  many  years,  although obviously  now  not  up  to  the  standards  that  many expect.

]

OT slightly, but the 158 is improved massively by fixing the front valances/air dams onto the bodies and using close coupling of your choice.

I'd like to see an 85 and a 2-EPB shrunk down from OO, but that is probably wishful thinking.

Hint I got was that a retooled version of a steam loco was in the program...

There can't be too many candidates left now that the Castle and MN are in the works. Off the top of my head that could be one of the following (discounting anything that has been done/announced recently by Dapol or DJM).

V2

GWR King

Large Priaire

94xx pannier

If anyone remembers anything else then add it to the list. I would be quite pleased as 3 out of the 4 are GWR prototypes. Knowing my luck that means it will be the V2. :P

With a fair amount of GWR still to emerge (Castle, 64xx, Hawksworths, auto coach), I am not expecting a lot from the west this year. I am keeping my fingers crossed that City of Truro might finally migrate down to N Gauge. After all, if they can get a coreless motor into an Ivatt, I am sure they can do a City.

• RMweb Gold

There can't be too many candidates left now that the Castle and MN are in the works. Off the top of my head that could be one of the following (discounting anything that has been done/announced recently by Dapol or DJM).

V2

GWR King

Large Priaire

94xx pannier

If anyone remembers anything else then add it to the list. I would be quite pleased as 3 out of the 4 are GWR prototypes. Knowing my luck that means it will be the V2. :P

With a fair amount of GWR still to emerge (Castle, 64xx, Hawksworths, auto coach), I am not expecting a lot from the west this year. I am keeping my fingers crossed that City of Truro might finally migrate down to N Gauge. After all, if they can get a coreless motor into an Ivatt, I am sure they can do a City.

Forgot about the V2. That would serve Scotland well for me!

Some of the older wagons could do with an upgrade, for example the VAA, OAA, "Chevron" PCA and PGA, which I think are the last Poole-era items of rolling stock left in the range. An accurate Tullis Russell PAA is probably wishful thinking, but...

Even the VGA needs a close-coupling mechanism.

Archived