Crepello

I would love to see the following:

SDJR 7f

GWR Dukedog

2-EPB
Stanier Mogul

GWR King

LNER Thompson coaches

Maybe a Duke of Gloucester if they really fancy it.

Maybe dip their toe with DCC sound with a 37 or 47?

I always think that they ought to do a catch up year, as I keep losing track of my pre-orders. I had an email and letter recently from Kernow regarding a pre-order of a 205 in OO gauge, I'd forgotten all about it, I haven't modelled in OO for nearly 5 years!!

Dean Goods please :),  oh and  70 in Colas Livery (actually a 2 loco set.. one powered, one dummy)   ...   eclectic tastes huh?

Some more releases of 37's in post privatisation variants and some complete HST's   also a re-run of the X-Country Voyager.

For stock..  some Imerys china clay hoppers  and the Arbel WIA Car-carrier in 5 car rakes. 

If we want to go outlandish..  some Network Rail stuff and the rail cleaner train, or the large Nuclear flasks and the DRS support coaches

That will do me please:)

Regards

Graham

• RMweb Premium

There can't be too many candidates left now that the Castle and MN are in the works. Off the top of my head that could be one of the following (discounting anything that has been done/announced recently by Dapol or DJM).

V2

GWR King

Large Priaire

94xx pannier

If anyone remembers anything else then add it to the list. I would be quite pleased as 3 out of the 4 are GWR prototypes. Knowing my luck that means it will be the V2. :P

With a fair amount of GWR still to emerge (Castle, 64xx, Hawksworths, auto coach), I am not expecting a lot from the west this year. I am keeping my fingers crossed that City of Truro might finally migrate down to N Gauge. After all, if they can get a coreless motor into an Ivatt, I am sure they can do a City.

I suspect that we won't see anything Western based. These have been the items that Farish have shown the least interest in getting to market recently, so why would they bother with anything else. 

I also have a feeling that announcements will be minimal again this year. I have no doubt that Farish have observed the dramatic slowing in releases from Dapol over the past couple of years, and possibly feel that competition from this source is less important, so resources will be focused on other gauges. 

• RMweb Premium

Some further thoughts with more modest ambitions:--Re-liveried(clean with more accurate light green (Sherwood?) Class 14; more Deltics (the real 55009 is going FP blue/white this year) and a Scottish regiment; 31 in original plain (NYP) green; more TTA liveries.

The V2 is a must, as is the PGA (think of Westerns hauling these!)  Thanks chaps for reminding me of these.

Further Deltic info received 7 Feb--Royal Scots Grey has emerged from Springburn as Meld in FP blue/white so that scheme is definitely flavour of the month!

New = hopefully a class 40, maybe a 2EPB and class 85?  8F, King, 105 DMU, MVL and some Thompson coaches 

existing = Deltic with a different name in green / green FYE/ green  SYE. weathered Deltic, 47's, 20's? more weathered steam loco's  

oh, and an RB / RBR would be very welcome

I've wondered if that one would make a good NGS commission.  Bachmann might not want to introduce a third Mk1 catering vehicle, but it's a very useful vehicle especially for 70s/80s layouts. Some are still in traffic today in charter sets.

As for reliveries, what about Mk1 stock in NSE? - BSK, TSO, Sk, CK and FK all carried NSE colours.

There are an awful lot of 47 liveries they haven't redone with the new tooling 47. Railfreight Triple Grey, RES and Virgin Trains come to mind as numerous and/or long-lived.

Hint I got was that a retooled version of a steam loco was in the program... The 8F would be an obvious one with many parts in common with the Black 5 but that raises the question why it didn't follow sooner after that, and would they want to revert to the Black 5's tender drive, or could they take the mechanism from the WD as the starting point for a loco drive version??

I'd prefer a scaled down version of the NRM Compound - they now have the right tender courtesy of the 4F but a 4-4-0 would be something completely new to the range...

There can't be too many candidates left now that the Castle and MN are in the works. Off the top of my head that could be one of the following (discounting anything that has been done/announced recently by Dapol or DJM).

V2

GWR King

Large Priaire

94xx pannier

If anyone remembers anything else then add it to the list. I would be quite pleased as 3 out of the 4 are GWR prototypes. Knowing my luck that means it will be the V2. :P

With a fair amount of GWR still to emerge (Castle, 64xx, Hawksworths, auto coach), I am not expecting a lot from the west this year. I am keeping my fingers crossed that City of Truro might finally migrate down to N Gauge. After all, if they can get a coreless motor into an Ivatt, I am sure they can do a City.

There's the 8F and the Compound (that I mentioned in the post you quoted from) and the Crab previously mentioned in this thread from the LMS.

There's the A3 and A4 for the LNER - they were rumoured to have one or other of those in development when Dapol anounced theirs, so they're an outside bet but I wouldn't rule them out competely.

Hi Gang,

Now then...without the benefit of too much research.....it is Friday night and the red wine is out and rugby is on the telly....

How about a Cartic 4 car set...two outers and two inners..making a four car set... Cannot be too different from the Railtrack ballast hoppers...in respect of differing mouldings...

Might be a leap of faith too far in these austere times.....perhaps I may suggest it to Ben and Mike!!!

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Gang,

Now then...without the benefit of too much research.....it is Friday night and the red wine is out and rugby is on the telly....

How about a Cartic 4 car set...two outers and two inners..making a four car set... Cannot be too different from the Railtrack ballast hoppers...in respect of differing mouldings...

Might be a leap of faith too far in these austere times.....perhaps I may suggest it to Ben and Mike!!!

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

Hi

The NGS make a decent kit for that so that would count Ben and Mike out.

Cheers

Paul

A shark would be excellent, and maybe a more sensible release of the LMS 50ft brake, i.e. BR blue!

A 25 and a 31 in pre TOPS BR blue would be nice, or even just ones in blue still with doors that I can renumber!

From the current stable I'd like to see a TPE 350 and some current livery Caledonian sleeper cars for those of us modelling the northern limits of the WCML (a nice 90 would be welcome too!). The livery on the TPE 350 will be a bit of a bastard to get right but with an N gauge Pendolino finally on its way, getting their TPE 350 out could easily turn out to be a very wise move.

Keeping it realistic and not "please do a class 380" (which I would still like BTW Farish ;) ), a retooled/new 158 would be very welcome, in terms of accuracy and appearance the 158 is to N gauge what the oldest Hornby 47 is to 00.

Said it before and I'll say it again....

Modern VTG owned TEAs. They already have the bogies and they come in umpteen different liveries. Should keep them in options to produce for years to come!

jo

Excellent suggestion. Seconding that.

we will be at the trade launch in the middle of March and will take as many pictures as possible to display on our facebook page and our website to show new items and items that are nearing completion.

im not an N gauge modeller, i model OO, but i would like to see a sound loco released this year in N. 

Still think an rtr Warwell and Warflat would a good bet. Looking for the modern version, think the Warwell is coded KWA.

Also looking out for 25/3 and 45/46 with re-skined nose and marker lights.

I'd also like to see 55015 Tulyar with white window frames.

Alan

Archived