FARISH 2015/16 SPECULATION

Crepello

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

I think the 350 in TPE and also as a SWT 450 unit would be a good start.

Also I'd love to see the MPV in N, but I am not sure how well sales have gone in OO.

A retooled 158 would be nice, but with so much still outstanding I'm not expecting much in retooled models.

Rolling stock - second the suggestion for a Mk1 RBR, and a modern warflat.  I'd still like to see them shrink down their STVA car carriers too.

cheers

Ben A.

I'm hoping that its the Crabs turn in the re-tool ray, although the 8F would be most welcome and is long overdue I think the Crab edges it by being in the 00 range. The Compound would be something else though, given the recent 00 model and the past Poole model its not an impossibility...unlikely, but not impossible. With the chassis and tender available a shrunk 3F wouldn't surprise me, the existing UM model may well scupper that train of thought however. Now that the coreless motor is proving its worth, I wonder how long until the Ivatt 4MT surfaces or the Std 4 4-6-0.

Coach wise it has to be the LNERs turn, I was expecting Thompsons in last years announcement rather than the Birdcage. I will continue wishing for LMS suburbans and a 60' compo though, safely knowing that they'll probably never appear. My Worsley Works efforts are pretty safe for the forseeable future methinks. An RBR would definitely be nice, as would the BSO and a Mk2a BFK.

Realistically though, there is still a glut of outstanding models from 2013 even with the steady tide of models appearing recently. I'm not expecting much more than last years announcement, maybe one retool and one all new locomotive at best. And the Thompsons...

• RMweb Premium

A class 117 would be nice it was top of the wishlist. I agree on re-tooled TEA and TDA tanker too. Probably more Dapol's thing but with the class 59 on it's way some JHA's or similar will go down well with me.

A retooled 158 would be nice, but with so much still outstanding I'm not expecting much in retooled models.

I was under the impression, and following a discussion with Bachmann some time ago, that they were updating all the previously released models

So far this appears to have been progressing, but another Class 158 is due to be released but using the latest chassis not an updated (DCC) version

I have to agree they really should concentrate on the existing range of patterns and release additional models in different liveries, numbers, etc

As an example is the lack of Mark 2A TSO Blue/Grey, which suggests they were produced in almost equal numbers to the FK and BSO

It seems odd to produce another run of the FK and BSO, when these are still available

I have to agree the missing BFK would be a new welcome addition, and pretty much complete all the variations

Oddly the opposite issue exists with the Mark 1 coaches in Blue/Grey, with no BSO or BFK, with only a choice of BG, BCK, or BSK

Again, hopefully this will be resolved in due course

Sadly it looks like models that were due towards the end of last year / early this year won't be available until later this year

Oddly others (locomotives) have disappeared whilst others have appeared out of nowhere

Personally, Farish should publish only the models they are going to release within the next 12 months and what they will be releasing in the following year

hopefully a class 40, a dcc ready with lights class 45, a 25/3, 47 in intercity swallow and railfreight, new 37/4 in intercity and regional railways, some new intercity or regional railways mk1 or mk2 coaches, class 31 in Dutch and regional railways, a shark brake van, class 117 dmu, dcc ready class 08s in grey, parcels and some other liveries, dcc ready class 03, sound locos maybe??!!

anyway just a few from that list would be great!

Tim

All

In general any addition to the the range of Speedlink wagons and new or new coaching stock stock would be good.

Would love to see a Motherwell 37 from the Ravenscraig pool and the 1980's style OTA wagons.

Mk2 coaches in Scotrail and or Regional Railways (why should Network Southeast modellers have all the fun!)

Regards

Dave

An all regions freight wagon would be the PTA iron ore tippler. British Steel liveries, ARC, Foster Yeoman, CAIB, VTG. 10 wagon trains in aggregate service for distribution around London, but 27+ with 2 x 37s in ore service in South Wales. Just a thought for a break from the norm.

Some of the vacuum braked ex ore tipplers that were used on the Western region for stone traffic in the 70's and 80's. They used to run in longgggggggggggg rakes. Farish already do the unfitted ones but they have a very different underframe which prevents an easy conversion.

Only a few from me,

Chiltern mainline silver 168 and a re-run of the blue and white livery

STVA car carriers

Upgraded 90

Network rail DBSO

A 158 would be nice but not a major one for my next layout.

A 172 however in both Chiltern and LM is a major one. Could be done with slides in the tooling to allow for 170/1/2 and 168's to be done, sounds likes a better proposition if that could be done!

Doubt I will get any of them but I can dream!

Alistair

• RMweb Premium

More Mk 1 Open Standards in blue and grey please.  Just starting out in N gauge and discovered that like their OO scale cousins they seem to be either 1 - scarce or 2 - waaaaayy overpriced on a certain auction site on the odd occasion that they appear.  Got three BSK's though, plenty of them about!

• RMweb Gold

Reading back through the previous posts, it's perhaps not surprising that many of the suggestions here mirror the top ten results of the 2014 wish list:

106 Class 117/118 Pressed Steel/BRCW 3-car
81 Class 40 (originally D200-D399)
80 Class 92
79 Class 158
73 Class 120 Swindon Cross-Country 3-car
69 LSWR/SR N15 King Arthur 4-6-0 (30448-30457, 30736-30755, 30763-30806)
64 BR Standard Class 4 4-6-0 (75000-75079)*
64 Class 390 Pendolino
61 SR Lord Nelson 4-6-0 (30850-30865)
61 Class 85 (originally E3056-E3095)

If we take out the Pendolino, now being produced by Rapido/Revolution Trains, then the next most requested item at Number 11 was the Class 105.

What is interesting is that Bachmann already produce 6 of that list in OO, and 2 are old items still needing retool from the old Poole era models, so it wouldn't be any great suprise to me if what we get motive power wise this year features in that list above.

Tom.

• RMweb Gold

Chiltern mainline silver 168 and a re-run of the blue and white livery

STVA car carriers

Chiltern 168 in silver would be nice but I am cornering the market with the existing the blue and white ones (12 so far) :sungum:

The car carriers also another nice idea.

Archived