FARISH 2015/16 SPECULATION

Crepello

• RMweb Gold

Hi Gang,

Going on from the Mk1 requests......I would love to see a set of 5x SK and a BSO in Sealink livery

I know...it's a bit too niche!!!

I suppose it will be repaint time for these.

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

well they're bringing them out in OO for the collectors club so you never know......

• RMweb Premium

A yellow track machine would be nice...

Wouldn't it just, having spent 2 years trying to track down an unstarted Nthusiast tamper kit and finally finding one, I have 90% of the bodywork done with just the Chassis/DCC gubbins to finish...

The law of Sod comes in to play!

• RMweb Premium

My guesses for new locos would be a LMS Crab, GWR Large Prairie and a class 25/3 (to follow on from the 25/1 already released)

At some stage the 158 and 170 will need upgrading with new DCC-ready chassis and lights but may not be announced this year.

As the N Gauge Society has partnered with Bachmann on their Thompson BG, a new range of the CME's carriages could be announced as a follow-up.

I'm speculating a Strathclyde PTE orange/black 101 could be announced, as Farish has already produced a 3-car Scottish Region-based blue/grey unit http://www.mremag.com/news/article/graham-farish-class-101-dmu/12170

All of the above make perfect sense to me.

Personally I would like to seen an LNER loco of some kind but in the more subdued climate of releases we have now I would happily settle for no more than a rake of Thompsons and a "Crab" to the standard of the 4F.

Roy 

I think a re-tooled 8F and class 40 are highly likely and maybe a Large Prairie too.  Also, possibly, a C class after the success of the 00 model. Thompson coaches would make sense with the NGS BG.    

Would love to see a 2EPB but the noises coming out of Barwell have not been particularly encouraging.

Mark

Echoing many sentiments, a retooled 158 in regional railways with "Express" branding and west yorks PTE red and cream and retooled VAA and PCA, these may have a fighting chance. Out on the longest of the longest of limbs; 305, 308 and 323 EMU's. Hardly likely I know, perhaps they'd be interesting propositions for crowdfunded projects.... 

Carl

On my wishlist would be the previously announced MK2 air cons, would be nice to get those soon in blue / grey and IC liveries.

In terms of new stuff, 1st gen DMU's would be nice, maybe a class 116/117/118.

I definitely agree with a retooled 158, well overdue!!!!!

With the class 85 already released in 4mm scale and the class 90 on the way, it would be great to see both these models in 2mm. I'll be intrigued to see if the class 87 is re-tooled as they took the livery re-runs off their website. If all these models were to be released, I think it would "spark" off a fair few AC electric orientated layouts.

Finally, a Tiger PBA china clay wagon would be excellent!!!!

An obvious one - The Hawksworth coaches already announced in Blood & Custard will also appear in BR Maroon (and the BG will also appear in BR Blue)

I hope so, it seems odd to only announce them in one livery. GWR Chocolate and cream is also a viable livery for at least some types of Hawksworth (not the BG though).

What ever it is, I'd like to see tthe manufacturers invigorating the market. The Class 390 really caught my attention and got my juices going to liven up my modelling progress. The return to steam and move away from N for Dapol has been depressing and the drip drip endless hope in the Farish quarter is torturous. If the RTR manufacturers want customers to buy models to keep them going, they have to engage in the market and keep me interested. Im back looking around as a result of two guys who wanted the attention of the modern image enthusiasts, and they dont even have anything to sell yet.

This kind of effect could even be hampering show attendance. If there is nothing driving the market, whats pulling people in?

Then again, maybe Im lazy :)

I'll add a voice for an '8F'. A 'King Arthur' is top of my list but might yet come from Arnold?!

Mk1 POT, Maroon Mk1s without that awful 'weathering', Sc1706E in Blue/Grey, people that walk, real gas lighting for the GCR station... In descending order of likelihood, of course!

Oh, and being sensible, a BR Std 2 Mogul...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived