Gary’s Road Vehicles

LongRail

• RMweb Premium

Very nice, Gary. I remember it being used at an Old Oak Common open day as a raised platform for photographers, but its a great talking point for a layout.

I've always had a soft spot for the DMS since I drove one of Thamesdown Transport's when I was a Polytechnic student on placement with them; the very first bus I drove!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Have modified the Leyland Hiab Tipper some time back and have just got around to photographing

modified cab and removed top section of mud guards as suggested,

Started to add a bit of wear and tear around the back of the body.

post-19340-0-11023100-1450042512_thumb.jpg

post-19340-0-46384800-1450042517_thumb.jpg

post-19340-0-27030200-1450042504_thumb.jpg

Updated picture of the Sherpa Vans still got to finish the Network South Eat one

post-19340-0-90551500-1450042617_thumb.jpg

Have started to modify a Mk 3 Transit into a mini bus

post-19340-0-95020900-1450042524_thumb.jpg

Finally just finished off the latest batch of brut trolleys

post-19340-0-15927800-1450042533_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

It has been posted elsewhere on here in the last couple of days that Adrian is currently out-of-action, so it might be an idea to hold fire.

Shall hang on then, any particular topic I should be watching to find out when he's back?

Just to let you know the ref no for the transit front is R055 ford transit 1978 minibus front it comes with the windscreen surround for a Joppa type bus I have one more from left and intend at some stage to build a hoppa bus

• 3 weeks later...

Not quite road vehicle but  couple of items which have wheels.

Have built some battery chargers using the  Bachmann Coolant trolleys, pictured outside of my depot.

The Bachmann jacks have been repainted and the control cables added along with some transfers. Need to add some handles to the back

post-19340-0-30362300-1456054387_thumb.jpg

post-19340-0-99531700-1456054379_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Pickup's coming along nicely. I may have missed it earlier in the topic, but is the rear section a kit or scratchbuilt?

The rear section of the pick up is built from scratch plastic card base scored to represent planks the remainder is from brass sections. Used suerglue to join the various components. Thanks for links to bus images

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The ones on the cab were produced for me by "Railtec Transfers"  for various projects including the link below

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/920-railway-motors/page-73&do=findComment&comment=2173580

Railtec were very busy so had to wait some time but please when they arrived.

The ones on the box van were produced by myself on my laser printer using "Crafty Paper" transfer sheets, the ones on the side are printed on clear sheet  and the one on the rear door printed on white sheet, the blue doesn't match the paint exactly so have trimmed the transfer at a panel line in the door

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Vertical cuts then used a plastic scraping knife to weaken the metal,and then snapped. Side door broke so reinstated side door with a small pice of brass fixed onto the top using epoxybadhesive. Another time would buy 3 vans to create 2 vans would be easier using one to cut out doors and not worrying about the surrounding area