Railtec Transfers

Metr0Land

Transfers for VIX ferry van announced on rmweb yesterday, order placed as soon as I saw it, and arrived here in this morning's post.  Great!

Many thanks Paul; more than happy to help. As ever, if there's anything else you need then please let us know via PM here or the web site which will generate a ticket ID (easier for us to keep track of then!).

All the best to you,

Steve

Hello All,

I was turned on to Railtec as a result of a comment from the famous music person who is probably the envy of many railway modellers simply because he can throw money at his hobby, have as much space as he wants and always buy the best.

Regardless of what you might think of him, for someone in his position to suggest that, and I quote "Railtec transfers are in a class of their own and a joy to use" justified some investigation.

I don't suppose anyone will take as much notice of me as they do Pete Waterman (ooops!) but he's right.

The transfers are smashing but that's not the half of it. The service is unbeatable. I have yet to be disappointed about any requests for any transfer, so long as I am able to supply a reasonable amount of detail.

It's almost a bespoke service at mass produced prices. You might have to wait a couple of weeks for Steve to produce the first off transfers but I bet they spend longer in your transfers tin before you use them.

In another thread from another small supplier, I have added comment about my project to build a rake of 24 cemflo hoppers. What I haven't included is my preference to use Railtec cemflo transfers rather than those offered by the specific small supplier (product just released). 

I have no connection to Steve or Railtec, I'm just a customer blown away by the service.

Bob

PS Read my post on some other supplied products. I'm not always so complimentary (grump old man).

Anyway, Steve's product come highly recommended and I think they are good too.

• RMweb Premium

Lightning fast delivery, friendly service, highly recommended!

Just used their transfers to breathe new life into a non working formerly "Spares or Repair" Graham Farish Class 25 to recreate ETHEL1:

post-6910-0-02667200-1425042871_thumb.jpg

post-6910-0-49285900-1425042882_thumb.jpg

post-6910-0-52781400-1425042892_thumb.jpg

post-6910-0-43666000-1425042905_thumb.jpg

post-6910-0-01598600-1425042920_thumb.jpg

post-6910-0-18499700-1425042932_thumb.jpg

Edited by John M Upton
  • Like 4

Lightning fast delivery, friendly service, highly recommended!

Just used their transfers to breathe new life into a non working formerly "Spares or Repair" Graham Farish Class 25 to recreate ETHEL1:

attachicon.gifP1070236.JPG

attachicon.gifP1070237.JPG

attachicon.gifP1070238.JPG

attachicon.gifP1070239.JPG

attachicon.gifP1070240.JPG

attachicon.gifP1070241.JPG

That's smashing John. I've just applied Railtec Transfers to the first of my Consett Iron Ore Hoppers and I'm over the moon.

Bob

post-23776-0-86633300-1425046882.jpg

Yep. Righteous service, an easy to use website, and excellent response to my queries regarding suitable varnish. Placed an order yesterday, and it arrived today. Couldn't ask for more. Quality. Oh for more like Railtec...

Cheers

Jan

• 3 weeks later...

I've recently had 3 orders from Railtec, 2 of them arrived the next day and the third, a custom order took just a matter of days to put together and send out to me! I can't praise the service highly enough and Steve is very helpful with any requests.

I now have a fleet of 37s & Ethels that I suppose I should get on with modifying (plus more to buy)! :D

If you are after some transfers (custom or not) I suggest giving Railtec a try

I've recently had 3 orders from Railtec, 2 of them arrived the next day and the third, a custom order took just a matter of days to put together and send out to me! I can't praise the service highly enough and Steve is very helpful with any requests.

I now have a fleet of 37s & Ethels that I suppose I should get on with modifying (plus more to buy)! :D

If you are after some transfers (custom or not) I suggest giving Railtec a try

Didn't I tell you?

• Like 1

Didn't I tell you?

You sure did :) It was a result of this thread that made me give them a go.

I honestly don't think i will use any of my previous transfer suppliers again, none of tham have offered me this kind of service with a personal touch.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks to Steve for producing transfers for numbering the Heljan 0 scale Class B tankers so quickly.  The transfers, sheet no. 6621 are excellent and have saved myself (and members of Luton MRC) a lot of time and effort in numbering our tankers, well done.

Regards, Mick.

• Like 1

Another satisfied customer here. I ordered 2 sets of custom transfers in 4mm, which were designed and despatched pretty quickly. Upon receipt, I was heartened to see just how good they were. However, my fault, I destroyed one set in the varnishing process after fitting. An email to Railtec has procured replacements at a normal price, with assistance in how to varnish etc as well. I hope these will be through my letter box when I return home after Easter.

I will post pictures when I get the replacements fitted. For the record, the transfers are for 2 Chesterton Junction PW  locos. One is to renumber a Bachmann 03 to departmental No.92, and it looks very nice. The other (the set I damaged), renumbers the Model Rail Sentinel to departmental No.39, in a different style to those produced by MR.

Stewart

Just before Christmas I purchased a bargain Hornby sentinel in Tarmac weathered livery. So I thought I would have a first attempt at re-spraying it and also using laserglaze windows.

Hunted around for suitable transfers and railtec came up with the right ones. They were easy to use and did the job perfectly.

post-269-0-53655500-1428427899_thumb.jpg

post-269-0-32287200-1428427923_thumb.jpg

post-269-0-79034200-1428427939_thumb.jpg

I just got back from work to find my first order from Railtec on the mat. Ordered on Good Friday (in fact it might have been Saturday), must have been posted on Saturday, arrived the day after Easter Monday. Couldn't be any quicker and now I have many VTG logos for my scrap and coil wagons. Very pleased!

Jim

They sure do :) Just contact Steve and he will do his best to help

Thanks Mate!

I just have a few two-tone circular logos and lettering in white and red. Whilst I can do the logo and red letters at home I am not sure about white. And more over it's cheaper having a professional do it rather than spending money on decal paper where in the decals won't always be good.

• RMweb Premium

Railtec definitely print gold - here's the results of my First Great Western 'Fag Packet' HST using some top notch transfers that Steve made using the artwork I'd supplied, a really great service and can't recommend Railtec enough!

post-6896-0-97786500-1428618527_thumb.jpg

post-6896-0-56572900-1428618540_thumb.jpg

post-6896-0-73023000-1428618554_thumb.jpg

post-6896-0-27710900-1428618565_thumb.jpg

post-6896-0-87840300-1428618575_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

I can only echo what everyone else is saying about RailTec - just fantastic products and a super friendly service as well. Steve must be one busy bunny, but he always replies to PM's and e-mails in a timely manner - keep going fella, we're all behind you.

cheers

Andy