Railtec Transfers

Metr0Land

• RMweb Gold

Another very satisfied customer here. Ordered late Thursday night, woke up to a follow up e-mail for exact numbers and depots, and arrived here in the Outer Rim this morning!

Terry

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

With the kind permission of Andy, just a quick note to reiterate what was posted elsewhere on social media the past 48hrs, in that full transfer packs for GBRf's 47s and 50s were released on Tuesday and Wednesday respectively. A number of you have already found them! Of course there was a twist with the GB 50s and the Railtec transfer packs reflect all the correct detail from the outset (of course it helps when you have inside info!)

Cl 50 plates/crests are available separately which leverage the 3d waterslide technology.

47749 pack, incl 3d nameplates, 3d builders' plates and revised style fuel gauges.

47749-5-1.jpg

2297-1.jpg

50007-3-1.jpg

50049-3-1.jpg

PL1105-1.jpg

PL1106-1.jpg

The 3d process got enhanced again a few months ago so if it's been a while since you've seen it, it will have changed slightly.

Ditto the standard 2d print - this must be on its 7th iteration of fine-tuning so it's even been refined since the beginning of this year.

Of course the above packs are all spot printed so there's no superfluous carrier film to worry about.

I'd wager the GB tour this weekend will attract more photters than a Flying Scotsman outing...

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

About time I contacted Steve for a new project, the GUV lettering looks good...

In the meantime, I have (at last) finished lettering two bogie bolster E wagons, having cast the correct bogies for them. Although Steve had supplied me with bolster c lettering, the quality of his work coupled with a few spares on the sheet enabled me to easily make up the Bolster E branding. The E is hiding in this picture.

DSCN9591.jpg.5331c0d84d5c66802692b0a36014ade3.jpg

DSCN9833.jpg.beb2c8fcb8987cae0bd2e43b88f26370.jpg

Simon

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Not Jeremy said:

About time I contacted Steve for a new project, the GUV lettering looks good...

In the meantime, I have (at last) finished lettering two bogie bolster E wagons, having cast the correct bogies for them. Although Steve had supplied me with bolster c lettering, the quality of his work coupled with a few spares on the sheet enabled me to easily make up the Bolster E branding. The E is hiding in this picture.

DSCN9591.jpg.5331c0d84d5c66802692b0a36014ade3.jpg

DSCN9833.jpg.beb2c8fcb8987cae0bd2e43b88f26370.jpg

Simon

Not wishing to be picky, but I assume the buffers are temporary?

Mike.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Not wishing to be picky, but I assume the buffers are temporary?

Twisty!

But I have to agree. Mostly oleos with a few being fitted with self contained from new and you might get yer digits nipped with that brake anel.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well yes, but I was just talking about Steve's nice lettering!!

You are both right of course, for a fuller account, rationale etc see

https://www.westernthunder.co.uk/index.php?threads/simons-workbench.574/page-60

Bigger buffers would have most visual impact on the wagons, but have you seen the price of Gauge 1 buffers?!

Happy lettering!

Simon

6 minutes ago, Chris M said:

I just wish Rail tech could find time to do a custom loco set for me. Any idea when they will start doing custom sheeets again?

Most customisable packs are still available...? The only thing I can't print is time. Every single week is literally research-design-test-print-eat-sleep-repeat and literally nothing else unless I manage to nip out to get a photo of something on the line. This week has been 15hr days every single day & there are still numerous things on the to-do list just from this week. It's a physical impossibility to cover everything all the time unfortunately.

If there's a specific customisable pack you want which isn't in stock then it will re-appear at some point. It's not always possible to say when as priorities often have to evolve on a daily basis, for example when new liveries emerge, when a large manufacturer needs a large batch job pronto, when one of the numerous TOC/FOCs who are kind enough to allow their trademarks to be reproduced want bespoke product last-minute for a retirement gift etc - it's the nature of the beast and the reality of such a niche business.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

29 minutes ago, D6775 said:

If only these train operators would stop painting loco's in fancy liveries! You'll have to get down to Toton soon if what I have seen is right!!

Tell me about it... Already seen the Toton "item" I think you're referring to (I'm fortunate in that customers send me all sorts) and it's already in parallel design at Railtec. On a related note I keep meaning to put a shout out that if anyone with the right authority is able to do so, there would be some serious free product on offer for someone who could let me loose in Toton scrap yard and Long Marston, subject to jumping through the required hoops...

Edited by railtec-models

Sorry,  I didn’t intend to sound as though I was being critical in my earlier post. Railtec are deservedly popular and I fully realise that you can only do so much. I say keep up the great work. I’m after a set of transfers for an N gauge D600 so it’s rather niche and won’t be something that loads of others want which logically means it can’t be high priority especially at a time of very high demand. It’s just when you can see someone offering a great service/product compared to others you kind of wish you could make use of the service .

Haven't got round to painting it yet anyway.

Edited by Chris M

Another satisfied customer, order placed Weds pm , arrived Thurs . Railtec and RM, must be some sort of hyperlink between Railtec  and RM in Trafford. One set is the fairly new Airpiped brakevan sheet looks excellent , pity my modelling progress isn't  Railtec speed!

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick post to say thank you to Steve.

Whilst he has not managed to fit in my custom job into his very busy schedule yet he has had the courtesy to email me and say he will look at it as soon as he can.

I would email him a thank you but I don't want to clog up his in-box with any superfluous messages.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Flood said:

Just a quick post to say thank you to Steve.

Whilst he has not managed to fit in my custom job into his very busy schedule yet he has had the courtesy to email me and say he will look at it as soon as he can.

I would email him a thank you but I don't want to clog up his in-box with any superfluous messages.

Ditto here. I think he's even busier than usual at the moment.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Another very satisfied customer here.

i wanted a couple of their decals customised with loco number and they were listed as out of stock. I'm not sure if this is their normal way of working for customised decals but I asked to be notified when they were able to do these.  Later that day I received a link to order them. I ordered next morning, within a few minutes I received another email asking which particular locos I wanted them for and the next day the decals arrived.  Excellent service.

Now to fit them.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Another big thanks to Steve here, as a first-time customer who is not used to such efficiency!  

Bespoke 3D printed shed-code plates arrived in Cornwall within 48 hours of ordering.

:clapping_mini:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'd just like to add my recommendation and thanks to Steve at Railtec, I ordered his Sentinel set which turned up in super quick time and performed excellently. I'm already scouring the site to see what other decals I can justify to myself :D

2019-06-02_19-59-41_(C).jpg.68737a186ae918e8dffa1b94e7fc42ae.jpg

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

On 03/06/2019 at 13:42, Locksley said:

I'd just like to add my recommendation and thanks to Steve at Railtec, I ordered his Sentinel set which turned up in super quick time and performed excellently. I'm already scouring the site to see what other decals I can justify to myself :D

2019-06-02_19-59-41_(C).jpg.68737a186ae918e8dffa1b94e7fc42ae.jpg

Wow, simply incredible modelling.

Wild Boar Fell