Railtec Transfers

Metr0Land

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered some transfers from Railtec on Sunday afternoon (Australian time) including custom GWR Toad allocations (Didcot). I received an email on Sunday night from Steve, replied and yesterday afternoon I had another email advising my order had been dispatched.  Custom transfers turned around in less than 24 hours - that is astonishing. I am a first time customer and I will be back for anything that fits with my chosen era.

Regards,

Craig W

• Agree 2

There's now a Skype button on the Contact page. Or the Search box can be used. Or the Waterslide Transfers > Livery / Era / etc. Or the Browse by Theme:

https://www.railtec-models.com/themes.php

There's one called Single Loco Renumbering which caters for specific loco numbers if one of them isn't already in a pack.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, truffy said:

Choosing "Era 3: The Big Four (136)", many of the items are post nationalisation.

Thanks for the heads-up. Have just done a quick bit of house-keeping. Can't say 100% if all of them are cut-and-dry but it should at least be a bit cleaner now.

1 hour ago, Dan Griffin said:

Just a note of thanks.

ordered again for the umpteenth time, and time and after time, excellent, ( and most times) next day service.

cheers

You're welcome Dan. Everything is continuing to work as normal at Railtec as the never ending Tetris-esque hamster wheel of researching, measuring, designing new packs, testing and printing marches on. Orders continue to get dispatched same day where it's feasible to do so (i.e. if it's a stock item), although even many "choose your own loco number" custom packs are going out same day too.

I'm continuing to try to meet as many people's modelling needs as I possibly can to help keep us all distracted in a positive and productive manner until things blow over. It's certainly not stopping the wood pigeons from gathering on the pergola outside the Railtec window to periodically copulate either. Make of that what you will!

Edited by railtec-models
  • Like 9
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

My 26 has now been finished for over 12 months but this is the first time since its been completed I've been able to get it outside on a bit of a display in the sun. Also in the pictures a recently finished Paul Rolly POA Blackadder, both completed with Steve's transfers.

26024a.jpg.b1362cf7d093adcd2a530985413aeffd.jpg

26024.jpg.9cfa248865f8cad36de25f2111d0b800.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Great service from Railtec (as per usual), emailed a couple of weeks ago asking If there was a possibility of doing the early blue DRS logos without the web address so that I could finish off my model of 37612, had an email on Thursday saying they were now available so placed an order (along with a set of black drs logos for 37607,  some custom GWR toad brandings for a pair of Oxford Rail toads and a set of custom numbers for 37057) and they arrived in the post today.    

fantastic service, just wish the modelling was as quick given the EW&S 37 and the roads are both not ready for transfers yet! 

Will hopefully get some photos of the 37s up this evening or tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

An evenings work later and yesterday’s transfers have been put to good use.   Still have enough to do 37608 in grey should the need arise (and one of the cab side flashes isn’t straight on 607 so I will be using the spare to replace it).

as an aside, it’s so helpful Railtec always include a spare!

8AC5B93C-0F28-4CBA-B41D-9D34CE95FB2F.jpeg

01BFDC51-BA40-4972-B2F7-9ECF6D823B46.jpeg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

An evenings work later and yesterday’s transfers have been put to good use.   Still have enough to do 37608 in grey should the need arise (and one of the cab side flashes isn’t straight on 607 so I will be using the spare to replace it).

as an aside, it’s so helpful Railtec always include a spare!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Steve, 

If I want some custom OO Scale Sentinel Y1/Y3 transfers making up what is the best way of contacting you?

Regards,

Mark 

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, 46444 said:

Hi Steve, 

If I want some custom OO Scale Sentinel Y1/Y3 transfers making up what is the best way of contacting you?

Regards,

Mark 

Through the contact form on the website. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

Through the contact form on the website. 

Agree totally.

However there is a link saying it is not currently available. 

My apologies if I've misread the information. 

Thanks, 

Mark

1 hour ago, 46444 said:

Hi Steve, 

Regards,

Mark 

Until I've made time to re-code the contact form on the web site, just IM me here. That said, feasibility of custom jobs depend entirely on what's being asked. Some modellers are extremely explicit in what they ask for, which vastly increases chance of me being able to help, e.g.

- "My Station Name", white, BR font, qty 6, max length 30mm.

At the other end of the scale I get moon-on-a-stick type requests to reproduce what might be very ornate markings accompanied with a poor 3/4 angle b/w grainy photo from the 1930s and a "Steve - I'll let you sit down and figure out everything I need from the photo" approach - the required research for which I just don't have the resource for. And everything in between so it's a sliding scale.

For very simple alpha numeric requests I did create this custom item a while back:

https://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=3641

...which gets some people out of a hole.

Edited by railtec-models
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

2 minutes ago, railtec-models said:

At the other end of the scale I get moon-on-a-stick type requests to reproduce what might be very ornate markings accompanied with a poor 3/4 angle b/w grainy photo from the 1930s and a "Steve - I'll let you sit down and figure out everything I need from the photo" approach - the required research for which I just don't have the resource for.

You have my sympathies ! This precisely why I, as Cambridge Custom Transfers, only managed to offer a bespoke transfer service for a very short period. Most potential commissioners saw me as a free research resource; for instance : -

"I would like some lettering for a model of the old van that used to stand at the back of the loco shed at XXXX".

Right - have you a photo of the van, or a sketch of the lettering?

"No - but I can clearly remember it being there for years - somewhere, there must be a photo".

Do you have any idea of what the lettering was, and it's size?

"Not really - it was something like STORES VAN or TOOL VAN or MESS VAN" - I'll bet one of the magazines has a photo".

Sorry, I only produce authentic transfers - not 'generic' ones.

"But surely you can produce something appropriate - they'd sell like hot cakes"?

End of conversation!!

That is why I forward all enquiries for bespoke transfers to you - you are clearly far more patient than I am!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

27 minutes ago, railtec-models said:

Some modellers are extremely explicit in what they ask for, which vastly increases chance of me being able to help, e.g.

- "My Station Name", white, BR font, qty 6, max length 30mm.

Hi Steve, your custom text page states:

MUST BE A STANDARD TYPEFACE!, so GWR station names and italicised script are not included.

You give "BR font" as an example, above. But what are the 'standard' typefaces, such that GWR is excluded? My interest is in SR.