Railtec Transfers

Metr0Land

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to post my thanks to Steve for my recent order.

He had emailed me yesterday to confirm the custom part for a steam loco renumbering was not a problem and he was working on it. My entire order arrived this morning which is fantastic service, especially as I had asked for an extra detail to be added which has been created superbly.

Many thanks

Mark

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Given how busy Steve is and the work he has to put in, I am absolutely amazed at the service he manages to provide.

Ok, only a stock order, but I think my last set of transfers arrived the day after ordering. 

The man must never sleep :lazy:

Roy

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I’ve ordered a complete set for my new Hornby 5101, on the recommendation of Butler Henderson of this parish, so I’m a first time customer Railtec virgin.  I’d assumed for some reason that Railtec didn’t do steam era stuff, but they clearly do. I am interested to see what the GWR number plates are like!

These should be better than the etched brass number plates I’m used to, as I model BR(W), and will appreciate the white, not brass m, smokebox number plate.  A shedcode and the RA/power classification thrown on as well seals the deal!

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 08/12/2020 at 01:21, The Johnster said:

I’ve ordered a complete set for my new Hornby 5101, on the recommendation of Butler Henderson of this parish, so I’m a first time customer Railtec virgin.  I’d assumed for some reason that Railtec didn’t do steam era stuff, but they clearly do. I am interested to see what the GWR number plates are like!

These should be better than the etched brass number plates I’m used to, as I model BR(W), and will appreciate the white, not brass m, smokebox number plate.  A shedcode and the RA/power classification thrown on as well seals the deal!

Photos of 4144 wearing her smart new Railtec xfers.  Unicycling lions are original Hornby but cabside and smokebox number plates, shedcode plate, and RA/power classification are all Railtec. 

D2B318C0-D1B9-4827-9674-CBB64F0787B4.jpeg.3ac55b1652183c6ec2d60275de2dc5b8.jpeg
A4A1953B-9FA7-4462-AC58-4836CA631324.jpeg.f15c40a2740d2c61d698e8023d90042a.jpeg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

How weird!  I’ve only had this for 3 weeks now!

40742B18-FEBC-483C-BE44-BCE1B45A5F95.jpeg

I've just checked again this morning and I can access the Railtec website using both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer from the laptop that I am currently using and also from an Android Tablet running Google Chrome, so it appears that the website is functioning correctly and probably has been for the past few weeks.  If you have a different device or a different browser, it may be worthwhile trying that.  Alternatively, I'd suggest you clear out the cache on your browser or deleting a cookie from a previous visit.  Is Railtec the only website that you're getting this issue with?

I'm looking to put in a custom order to Railtec, but through the "contact us" button I get a message that the contact form is currently not available. My suspicion is that custom orders are temporarily suspended due to the Xmas break and a backlog of work, does anyone know?

Stewart

9 minutes ago, stewartingram said:

I'm looking to put in a custom order to Railtec, but through the "contact us" button I get a message that the contact form is currently not available. My suspicion is that custom orders are temporarily suspended due to the Xmas break and a backlog of work, does anyone know?

Stewart

I found the same, wanting a custom order too, but unable to find any email address anywhere, other than a reference to if you have already received goods, and it's on the transfers.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, stewartingram said:

I'm looking to put in a custom order to Railtec, but through the "contact us" button I get a message that the contact form is currently not available.

9 hours ago, EmporiaSub said:

I found the same, wanting a custom order too, but unable to find any email address anywhere

Some chat about this and custom orders back in April on this thread.

Have been using railtec transfers for a while now and they are absolutely fantastic - no carrier film, come off the backing easily and do not curl or break up!.

However, does anyway know if they do the standard EWS three beasties logo (as applied to the standard red and gold livery). I can find the renumbering packs (which don’t include the logos) and the larger yellow and red logos used for patching obsolete liveries but not the standard logo?.

Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, JonKing said:

Have been using railtec transfers for a while now and they are absolutely fantastic - no carrier film, come off the backing easily and do not curl or break up!.

However, does anyway know if they do the standard EWS three beasties logo (as applied to the standard red and gold livery). I can find the renumbering packs (which don’t include the logos) and the larger yellow and red logos used for patching obsolete liveries but not the standard logo?.

Thanks in advance.

I actually had a look myself but couldn’t see it 

10 hours ago, JonKing said:

Thanks in advance.

There was quite an issue, if I remember correctly, regarding the licensing of the 3 Beasties logos and EWS branding.

If you want the cab side 3 Beastie logos for 37/56/66/90 you can get them on numbering sheets from Fox Transfers

John

• Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

There was quite an issue, if I remember correctly, regarding the licensing of the 3 Beasties logos and EWS branding.

If you want the cab side 3 Beastie logos for 37/56/66/90 you can get them on numbering sheets from Fox Transfers

John

Hi John, Railtec has had the license for EWS trademarks for some considerable time. A number of the EWS trademarks (incl large beasties) have been available for several years on the web site although the small cab side beasties haven't as yet found their way into a pack on their own. I've done them before on a custom basis and they look great. The larger 3 beastie offerings can be seen here:

https://www.railtec-models.com/catalog.php?search_str=3+beasties

12 hours ago, JonKing said:

Thanks in advance.

Is it just the small cab side beasties that are needed @JonKing?

To come to a few of the other points above (it's an enormous challenge trying to keep on top of all the various forms of inbound comms and an even bigger one to manage the absolute sheer volume),

• Custom "orders" or "requests" have never been unavailable, though remember these fall into 2 very different categories:
    • Orders for custom items advertised on the web site, e.g. complete loco pack with your choice of loco number. Templates exist for these so they're pretty straight-forward to turn around.
    • Requests for "can you do..." These are what hammer the emails, IMs, forum tags, Facebook tags & IMs, Whatsapps etc 24/7/365. There was quite a comprehensive behind-the-scenes explanation of what I've created for everybody and its constraints on this very thread (page 17 for me), link here.
  • Yes the contact form on the web site has been pending an overhaul for a good while. As the page says, it's just pending an overhaul and there's no other reason.

Just to give a real-world example from the past couple of weeks, much of it has been spent re-writing the shopping cart code (as fun as a week long bout of food poisoning), crunching the numbers for the 2020 Q4 VAT return, and crunching the numbers for the FY20 tax return which requires navigating the ever changing legal landscape. Those have been 3 pretty meaty tasks but in amongst that all the web orders get dispatched normally of course and I've still managed to make available a dozen or so new products for people which didn't exist before. The contacts have piled up more heavily than normal, particularly with more people being at home, but I'll gradually be ploughing through them as and when I'm physically able to get to them.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

Steve,

Give that custom requests are (quite rightly) low down on your list of priorities, can I ask two questions:

1. Where the request is for a re-scale of something you already do (e.g. reduce a 4mm scale product to 2mm), would it be pushed up the "to-do" list?

2. Can you/do you print transfers using customer's own artwork?

Steven B.

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, railtec-models said:

To come to a few of the other points above (it's an enormous challenge trying to keep on top of all the various forms of inbound comms and an even bigger one to manage the absolute sheer volume),

• Custom "orders" or "requests" have never been unavailable, though remember these fall into 2 very different categories:
    • Orders for custom items advertised on the web site, e.g. complete loco pack with your choice of loco number. Templates exist for these so they're pretty straight-forward to turn around.
    • Requests for "can you do..." These are what hammer the emails, IMs, forum tags, Facebook tags & IMs, Whatsapps etc 24/7/365. There was quite a comprehensive behind-the-scenes explanation of what I've created for everybody and its constraints on this very thread (page 17 for me), link here.
  • Yes the contact form on the web site has been pending an overhaul for a good while. As the page says, it's just pending an overhaul and there's no other reason.

Just to give a real-world example from the past couple of weeks, much of it has been spent re-writing the shopping cart code (as fun as a week long bout of food poisoning), crunching the numbers for the 2020 Q4 VAT return, and crunching the numbers for the FY20 tax return which requires navigating the ever changing legal landscape. Those have been 3 pretty meaty tasks but in amongst that all the web orders get dispatched normally of course and I've still managed to make available a dozen or so new products for people which didn't exist before. The contacts have piled up more heavily than normal, particularly with more people being at home, but I'll gradually be ploughing through them as and when I'm physically able to get to them.

You have my upmost sympathy with trying to keep everyone happy.......

.....now where's my CDA renumbering sheet ??!!  :jester:

In all seriousness, a bit of a wait isn't the end of the world, and the delivery I've received from you today should keep me occupied for a while......

Cheers,

Phil.

8 hours ago, railtec-models said:

Is it just the small cab side beasties that are needed @JonKing?

Yes that’s them, obviously not needed for the older EW&S livery but are needed to complete the later EWS livery.

If you are minded to produce the three beasties logo at some point the thin yellow reflective stripe at the bottom of the body sides would also be perfect to complete your EWS collection ;) 

• Agree 2