Railtec Transfers

Metr0Land

I've been on the Railtec webpage recently and its contact page is down, apparently for redesign. The problem is, when I first found Railtec before Christmas, it was down then too. Are they still in business and accepting orders, and if so, how do you get in touch with them?

Edited by Swissrail

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, Swissrail said:

I've been on the Railtec webpage recently and its contact page is down, apparently for redesign. The problem is, when I first found Railtec before Christmas, it was down then too. Are they still in business and accepting orders, and if so, how do you get in touch with them?

I would have thought that the statement on the contact page "The contact form is currently unavailable pending a re-design, nothing more. Railtec is otherwise fully open as normal and the remainder of the web site remains fully functional." and the many recent posts highlighting good service would give you your answer...

Edit: try a PM to @railtec-models here.

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge

• RMweb Gold
On 02/03/2021 at 21:21, Rhydgaled said:

I understand that custom artwork to be printed on transfers should be in vector format, but surely that doesn't apply to pictorial liveries? The photograph of a steam locomotive on sheet 4mm-47826-1 looks like it would be essentially impossible to create as a vector image so how should artwork of this nature be prepared before approaching Railtec (or a rival transfer supplier)?

Pdf is the usual transfer format. That means that you can create your designs in any way you want, including sketching by hand, as long as you can create a pdf from it. And must printer drivers have a pdf option.

I strongly suspect your transfer supplier will work from a pdf.

Off-topic, It's worth saying that no printer anywhere can print a vector file. The fact that a printer puts blobs or grains of ink or toner onto a sheet of something means that it can only work from a bitmap. If you send a vector file to a printer, it automatically converts it to a bitmap before printing with a software item called a "RIP" (raster image processing).

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

the many recent posts highlighting good service would give you your answer...

Edit: try a PM to @railtec-models here.

Roy

Though it would appear that Railtec is swamped and unable to deal with correspondence (or fix the contact form) because they are too busy fulfilling orders for paying customers (which is fair enough – better that way round than taking people’s money but not delivering the goods). The message I sent to Railtec via the forum on Feb 15th is still captioned ‘Not read yet’ by the forum software. I’m in no rush for a reply so don’t mind this.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I should mention this; I ordered a set of transfers for DRS class 20/3s (and me a seventies/eighties BR blue modeller) yesterday at about quarter to five (pm), and they turned up at 12 noon today. Fantastic service from Steve as always. All I need is the loco to use them on...:)

Kevin

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, apollo 079 said:

Just thought I should mention this; I ordered a set of transfers for DRS class 20/3s (and me a seventies/eighties BR blue modeller) yesterday at about quarter to five (pm), and they turned up at 12 noon today. Fantastic service from Steve as always. All I need is the loco to use them on...:)

Kevin

Yep, me too, same outcome !

i’m assembling my 20/3 collection from a few shops, as that seems more erratic !

On 04/03/2021 at 08:58, Rhydgaled said:

Though it would appear that Railtec is swamped and unable to deal with correspondence (or fix the contact form) because they are too busy fulfilling orders for paying customers (which is fair enough – better that way round than taking people’s money but not delivering the goods). The message I sent to Railtec via the forum on Feb 15th is still captioned ‘Not read yet’ by the forum software. I’m in no rush for a reply so don’t mind this.

An update on this; despite me saying "I'm in no rush" above, my post appears to have prompted a reply since on 4th March a flurry of forum messages went back and forth between me and Railtec and by the end of the day the product I'd been looking for (BR (W) renumbering and shed code pack) had been released. All items had previously been available as part of complete loco packs like this but that contains transfers I won't need for my renumber. It took me a few days to place the order but, once I'd done so, I didn't have long to wait before I received the e-mail requesting my desired loco number etc. and the transfers had been dispatched within 24 hours of me replying to that. Very impressive given the 'please allow 14 days' message on the website.

I've not tried to apply the transfers yet (told you I wasn't in a rush for them) but they look very good as far as I can tell with them still on their backing paper.

I approached Railtec to get some transfers made up from artwork I created but I never received any kind of acknowledgement of the enquiry, positive or negative, after two emails two weeks apart. I really wanted the high tech Railtec approach to my transfers but some things are just not meant to be it appears.

I think I'll have to try Fox.

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 23/03/2021 at 09:43, Swissrail said:

I approached Railtec to get some transfers made up from artwork I created but I never received any kind of acknowledgement of the enquiry, positive or negative, after two emails two weeks apart. I really wanted the high tech Railtec approach to my transfers but some things are just not meant to be it appears.

I think I'll have to try Fox.

If you havnt ordered already, this thread may be worth a read .. Someone who was in the same situation

NL

• 3 weeks later...

Some more of Steve's excellent transfers on this GJH Plant VGA wagon. The transfers were bought some time back for a review model of a new kit which has never materialised so I ordered a GJH one off Graham while ordering some other bits.

VGA6.jpg.caf6ccdf2269b3349a42c761cfb8359e.jpg

VGA7.jpg.e7b547cf73d8b150f0306fa6da376a92.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

@railtec-models Steve do you any intention /can you do transfers (Double pack) for EMR HST’s 43274 (new purple livery) and 43102 (intercity livery “The journey shrinker”)? I wish to model the pair and can’t email via the website currently.

Thanks

Andy

2 minutes ago, Andy7 said:

@railtec-models Steve do you any intention /can you do transfers (Double pack) for EMR HST’s 43274 (new purple livery) and 43102 (intercity livery “The journey shrinker”)? I wish to model the pair and can’t email via the website currently.

Thanks

Andy

I will be in due course. I already have many of the artwork elements and will need to scrutinise images particularly of 274 to get all the unique detail designed/tested. They'll appear on the web site once they're ready. Usual disclaimer: if they're not on the web site then they won't be fully baked yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Excellent service as always from Steve, set of 32 custom numbers ordered Friday before last and here on Tuesday.

Finally have numbers on my N gauge 4TC.

900D9540-6E9A-4500-AB72-586E816D4187.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

My latest order arrived within 24 hours of placing it - thank-you Railtec & Royal Mail.

@railtec-models are you taking on any custom work at all? I emailed about transfers for the Police liveried class 37 in N and a pack for Motorail branded I/C Mk1s but have yet to have a reply.

Steven B.

21 hours ago, Steven B said:

My latest order arrived within 24 hours of placing it - thank-you Railtec & Royal Mail.

@railtec-models are you taking on any custom work at all? I emailed about transfers for the Police liveried class 37 in N and a pack for Motorail branded I/C Mk1s but have yet to have a reply.

Steven B.

Custom work is basically always open - it's just a case of what it is which determines feasibility. As you might imagine, the requests range from super easy to moon-on-a-stick. Motorails do-able at first glance and will get to them in due course depending on resource. Police artwork already there so just needs formalising into a pack, of course full vibrant colours and beautifully spot printed (and filmless for the stripes) so none of that superfluous carrier film to have to cut close to. Usual disclaimer - if they're not on the web site then they're not ready yet.

• Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, GBRf66701 said:

Does anyone know if Railtec produce suitable transfers for the Plasmor PNA/POA wagons?

I am 3D printing a conversion kit to make the Plasmor block train but cannot find appropriate data panels or the Plasmor logo.

If Railtec are unable to supply Plasmor Blockfreight transfers then Modelmaster MM4866 ex-Cambrian decals might be what you’re looking for, just don’t expect the same level of service from Modelmaster that you get from Steve at Railtec.

Brian.

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, GBRf66701 said:

Does anyone know if Railtec produce suitable transfers for the Plasmor PNA/POA wagons?

I am 3D printing a conversion kit to make the Plasmor block train but cannot find appropriate data panels or the Plasmor logo.

A search of the Railtec site shows no Plasmor matches, but without a scale to go on you're making things a tad more difficult!

Mike.

7 hours ago, GBRf66701 said:

Look at fox transfers , a quick search of plasmor will do it 

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Amazing service from Railtec, ordered 5 sets of custom loco numbers at 13:00 on the 23rd, got an email less than 3 hours later saying they had been posted and they arrived the next day. Great stuff!

Douglas

• Like 1

I've recently received two sheets of custom lettering from Steve, one of SBB and BLS coach numbering panels amongst other things and a sheet of 3D window frames for my Liliput Swiss Express stock. I did the artwork then Steve tweaked and printed it. He has done a magnificant job of both. The best transfers I've seen and that includes the Methfix ones I used to use in my BR days. Pictures to follow of how they look on my Liliput RIC 85 footers sent back in time from the present day SBB logos to the old ones using these transfers.

• Like 1