Railtec Transfers

Metr0Land

• RMweb Premium

Just a note to flag up great service from Railtec.

Great personal service with a discussion on exact colour plus quick turn round at a very reasonable price.

• 2 weeks later...

Emailed Railtec a couple of times without a reply (as of yet - I know Steve is always extremely busy and before anyone says “be patient”, I’ve emailed twice in 3 months) so thought I’d try here too. I’ve had plenty of ‘in stock’ items from Railtec before with first class service so I am in no way having a dig at Steve’s customer service, it’s probably one of the best that you can ask for from a company - especially a one man band! 
I can’t seem to find them on Railtec’s website so if I have missed them, I apologise in advance but if anyone can help me out I’m after the Drax logos and the ‘Powering Tomorrow’ lettering for 60066 as Hornby have got the colours completely wrong. I know you can get these from Precision decals but I’m a newbie when it comes to renumbering and transfers and I’ve found the Precision decals to be for the more advanced modeller. I’ve used a number of Railtec’s products before without any issues/problems as they are very easy to use (ordered and messed up 2 lots of Precision decals!) So I’m really hoping Steve is able to help me out here :help:

3B6472A9-80B4-4CD4-853D-65CA6732DEA1.jpeg

3DBA4D2F-859D-4AF6-BC81-DD0955CE8841.png

Edited by Shoey
Spelling mistake

30 minutes ago, Shoey said:

Emailed Railtec a couple of times without a reply (as of yet - I know Steve is always extremely busy and before anyone says “be patient”, I’ve emailed twice in 3 months) so thought I’d try here too. I’ve had plenty of ‘in stock’ items from Railtec before with first class service so I am in no way having a dig at Steve’s customer service, it’s probably one of the best that you can ask for from a company - especially a one man band! 
I can’t seem to find them on Railtec’s website so if I have missed them, I apologise in advance but if anyone can help me out I’m after the Drax logos and the ‘Powering Tomorrow’ lettering for 60066 as Hornby have got the colours completely wrong. I know you can get these from Precision decals but I’m a newbie when it comes to renumbering and transfers and I’ve found the Precision decals to be for the more advanced modeller. I’ve used a number of Railtec’s products before without any issues/problems as they are very easy to use (ordered and messed up 2 lots of Precision decals!) So I’m really hoping Steve is able to help me out here :help:

3B6472A9-80B4-4CD4-853D-65CA6732DEA1.jpeg

3DBA4D2F-859D-4AF6-BC81-DD0955CE8841.png

Hiya Sam, just replied to your email from 45 mins ago (was the only one I could find from you). These are doable and will appear at some point, and of course will be spot printed so no superfluous carrier film and perfect print registration too. Besides all the usual jobs my attentions are diverted the past few weeks with designing and testing some of the more recent livery additions to the modern scene. If only I'd created Railtec back in the days of BR blue and there wouldn't be a new livery variant released every week...

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 8

On 23/07/2021 at 00:08, railtec-models said:

Hiya Sam, just replied to your email from 45 mins ago (was the only one I could find from you). These are doable and will appear at some point, and of course will be spot printed so no superfluous carrier film and perfect print registration too. Besides all the usual jobs my attentions are diverted the past few weeks with designing and testing some of the more recent livery additions to the modern scene. If only I'd created Railtec back in the days of BR blue and there wouldn't be a new livery variant released every week...

Thank you so much Steve, will keep an eye open for them on your website. As always, really appreciate all that you do :good:

Edited by Shoey
  • Thanks 1

On 23/07/2021 at 00:08, railtec-models said:

And I’m sure they’ll be a cry of “ give us quickly “ soon for some green class 66 details ...;)

• RMweb Premium

Steve,

I'm putting together a rake of heavily modified Cooper Craft 7mm china clay wagons using your pack but is it possible to do some alternative numbers? Chopping them up is obviously harder given they come printed on black panels and and are subtly different styles.

Ta!

2112449234_DSC_0015(2).JPG.a0d0b596e36874f0aa4d4b438a753086.JPG.4995c0e4958c67ecd087126c3a569c1f.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

Steve,

I'm putting together a rake of heavily modified Cooper Craft 7mm china clay wagons using your pack but is it possible to do some alternative numbers? Chopping them up is obviously harder given they come printed on black panels and and are subtly different styles.

Ta!

2112449234_DSC_0015(2).JPG.a0d0b596e36874f0aa4d4b438a753086.JPG.4995c0e4958c67ecd087126c3a569c1f.JPG

Nice looking wagon; liking the worn look.

Creating a parallel pack of existing artwork simply with different numbers such as this is luckily just a 4 minute job. Here you go, 7mm-4311 (pack B) just released:

https://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=4573

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, railtec-models said:

Nice looking wagon; liking the worn look.

Creating a parallel pack of existing artwork simply with different numbers such as this is luckily just a 4 minute job. Here you go, 7mm-4311 (pack B) just released:

https://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=4573

Are the same alternative number available in 4mm?

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Esmedune said:

Steve,

Do you have anything for Caledonian Railway carriages from the early part of the 20th Century?

You could always try typing "Caledonian" into the search box on the website to find out

• Round of applause 1

40 minutes ago, newbryford said:

You could always try typing "Caledonian" into the search box on the website to find out

Well, d'uh! Of course I did, and it only lists the modern sleeper service. I also typed "Weltrol" and that brought nothing back, and yet there is a picture of a Weltrol well wagon that Pete Waterman had completed, so obviously the search function is not perfect, hence the need to check... Any other pearls of not wisdom I can roll my eyes at?

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Esmedune said:

Well, d'uh! Of course I did, and it only lists the modern sleeper service. I also typed "Weltrol" and that brought nothing back, and yet there is a picture of a Weltrol well wagon that Pete Waterman had completed, so obviously the search function is not perfect, hence the need to check... Any other pearls of not wisdom I can roll my eyes at?

It may have been helpful if you had mentioned that you'd already searched his website in your post.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Esmedune said:

You could always try actually navigating around the website to see what you find, instead of expecting everything done for you !

Granted, the website isn’t perfect in terms of searching (or things being where you’d probably expect to find them) but it’s hardly a chore looking for them, and you might even find some hidden gems you didn’t know you wanted until you saw them !

The more time Steve puts in to the website, the less time he has to produce the stuff we want, and I know which I’d rather he spends his time doing……

cheers,

Phil.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Esmedune said:

Personal commissions may very well not be on general sale; the 'browse by theme' feature on the website will show you that things are not available in every scale but is a very good way of finding what is there. Try 'Special freight' and 'Departmental' for size. You may end up (as I did) assembling the lettering using the individual alphabet sheets, which may even be how Pete or his team did the Weltrol.

HTH,

• Like 1

Hi @Esmedune, at this point I'm afraid there is nothing around CR passenger vehicles. I believe I have a couple of bits for freight, but that's it for now. That isn't to say they might one day appear, but usual disclaimer that this is by no means any guarantee that they will at all, nor that I would recommend it's ok to start repainting stock in preparation against that backdrop. To potentially save periodic update requests, if they don't present themselves on the web site under a search of "Caledonian" then they simply don't exist.

Re the Weltrol, I don't believe I have anything specific so it's entirely possible that Pete used bits from another pack.

Re the wider topic of searching on the web site, the catalog has grown that quickly (~350-400 new lines every year) that I would like to overhaul it at some point and I do have something funky in mind, but as @Phil Mc says - modifying the back-end web site code (yes I do that too) takes time away from developing new product. The search box is basic but it should ultimately find you what you need, albeit now you may need to scroll through a longer list of search results because of the bigger catalog. But hopefully it's better to have increasingly more choice, and you may just see something else of interest to you or a fellow club member in doing so.

As I see a number of people search with mis-spelled words, there's also the option to search by era, by livery and by rolling stock type:

https://www.railtec-models.com/scale-model-transfers.php

Also as an additional stop-gap I did introduce the concept of searching by "theme", here:

https://www.railtec-models.com/themes.php

If there's a product line which is mis-categorised then let me know and I'll get it corrected.

Happy browsing!

Edited by railtec-models
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

10 hours ago, Phil Mc said:

You could always try actually navigating around the website to see what you find, instead of expecting everything done for you !

Granted, the website isn’t perfect in terms of searching (or things being where you’d probably expect to find them) but it’s hardly a chore looking for them, and you might even find some hidden gems you didn’t know you wanted until you saw them !

The more time Steve puts in to the website, the less time he has to produce the stuff we want, and I know which I’d rather he spends his time doing……

cheers,

Phil.

I did scour the website, but I am not one to think I have done it perfectly, and I will always ask directly, "Just in case". I spent a good half an hour looking, that is how I saw Pete Waterman's Weltrol, which is on my to do list. I am not asking Steve to spend more time on it, I just know I may not have hit on the right search phrase, and seems Steve does respond, I felt it was worth asking him a question directly, without several other people jumping in and calling me lazy and stupid, when they really need to mind their own business and not jump in with both feet without knowing any of the facts. I don't need top give "more facts" as it was directed at Steve and the question got answered perfectly by the person it was intended for. I only did it hear in case anyone else was to search the topic, then the answer would be here. However in future, I will contact him directly via his site, and the "community" can be damned if this is how you all behave.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

11 hours ago, newbryford said:

It may have been helpful if you had mentioned that you'd already searched his website in your post.

I was asking a question directly to Steve, that is why it started with "Steve"  But you still decided to be sarcastic, condescending and arrogant and jump in with your snarky comment.  So, in future I will contact him directly, and you can go work on your sadly lacking social skills.  Does that sound fair?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, Esmedune said:

I was asking a question directly to Steve, that is why it started with "Steve"  But you still decided to be sarcastic, condescending and arrogant and jump in with your snarky comment.  So, in future I will contact him directly, and you can go work on your sadly lacking social skills.  Does that sound fair?

Wow, you’re digging yourself quite a hole for yourself here.  Hope you got a refund from the charm school.

Cheers

Darius

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Esmedune said:

several other people jumping in and calling me lazy and stupid, 

Not too sure where anyone said you were lazy or stupid.

But hey ho.

1 hour ago, Esmedune said:

the "community" can be damned if this is how you all behave.

Bye!

• Round of applause 3

• Moderators
21 hours ago, Esmedune said:

Well, d'uh! Of course I did

You seemed to set the tone for this discourse right there so take a look at that before lashing out at one and all. 

Not impressed. 

• Agree 5
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1