Railtec Transfers

Metr0Land

• RMweb Premium

so a colleague in Australia has, with some help and advice from Railtec bought some transfers for some kits I am building for him So the transfers arrived within a couple of days through Royal Mail.. just need to get the wagons built !

Speed of response was very good.. delivery excellent!

Thanks to Railtec for help in this

Baz 

• Like 3

Many thanks again to Steve for the requested Tinsley special names and numbers, so that's another two new 45/0s with new identities. Ordered on Sunday in two separate orders, received Tuesday morning and Steve even refunded my duplicate postal charge (which was my own fault entirely).

What more can I say?

Kevin

• Like 1

At the beginning of this year I started working on lettering artwork for my extensive collection of Swiss rolling stock, a large number of which I intend to repaint into earlier liveries or at least weather into the rather filthy state that was typical in the 60s and 70s. I commissioned Steve to do the printing after hearing good things about the standards he works to. What he produced for me is absolutely outstanding. The quality of his work is the best I've ever seen and that includes the Methfix transfers I used in my BR modelling days thirty to forty years ago. The backing film is very thin and once the coach is satin varnished afterwards, it becomes, to all intents and purposes, invisible even on larger transfers where there is some joining of the various elements to create a single piece.

I've "backdated" my first coach now using the Railtec transfers...an SBB 85 foot RIC corridor first, in Swiss parlance an 'Am' and I couldn't be more pleased with how Steve's tansfers have performed.

This is the Liliput model as it came out of the box:

1296320040_LiliputAmassupplied.JPG.9746951d3cc288d24f89d920764c766a.JPG

The first thing I did was remove the original lettering with 1500 grit Tamiya wet & dry finishing paper:

2068439095_LogosremovedwithTamiya1500gritwetdry.JPG.e0c06bb2bf754cdc41ef0686e44bb95a.JPG

The next stage involved airbrushing the livery colour to patch paint the buffed areas where the lettering had been followed by a coat of gloss varnish to make applying the transfers easier:

1381009187_Painttouchedupandbodyglossvarnishedwithairbrush.JPG.5ecd8eb7490299898b5495145f3435e4.JPG

After this came the new Railtec transfers:

236938144_Afternewtransfersapplied.JPG.2ee0451521592c5cef268d212a7358a5.JPG

At the same time I decided the interior needed a repaint since the original was moulded in a lurid green plastic. This is it mounted on the already weathered underframe.

555660637_Interiorrepainted.JPG.0eb5242cbbf452ec39dcd439a6f3bcaa.JPG

An this is the finished article, fully weathered and ready to go. I think you'll agree, Steve's transfers may be waterslide, but they don't look like it. I'm a raving perfectionist and even for me, this is as good as a factory printing job!

273128304_TheFinishedArticle.JPG.4d074f07a257a372dc3ca9f75b3bd658.JPG

Edited by Swissrail
  • Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Finally, I have finished my 1/16 Bandai Garrett road roller.

Bespoke transfers on the roof boards done by Steve at Railtec Transfers. M.E. Guerri was my mother in law, so Jen is a very happy bunny - many brownie points obtained.

IMG_1397.JPEG.f51f9085a2da7df39bd173d5f0052794.JPEG

Edited by 96701
  • Like 17

sorry if this request is in the wrong place but cannot contact you via your website at the moment

wound you be prepared to do some 4mm wagon tare weight markings ?.

the kg ones used from the seventies onwards 

I'm able to get the older style from the other two suppliers i.e the 10-08 type but not the tare 08.000 kg example 

many thanks 

54 minutes ago, heavymetalwagons said:

sorry if this request is in the wrong place but cannot contact you via your website at the moment

wound you be prepared to do some 4mm wagon tare weight markings ?.

the kg ones used from the seventies onwards 

I'm able to get the older style from the other two suppliers i.e the 10-08 type but not the tare 08.000 kg example 

many thanks 

If you wanted to PM me some images and specific details and tare ranges of what you would be looking for, then I can determine feasibility. I really would need to be guided by your specific research though. The more explicit you can be, the higher the likelihood of me being able to make something available.

On 16/08/2021 at 22:17, AY Mod said:

You seemed to set the tone for this discourse right there so take a look at that before lashing out at one and all. 

Not impressed. 

I set the tone?  I think the arrogant snarky comment set the tone, but I see that you liked his comeback comment. So what chance was there of impartiality? 

Your not impressed, well I am certainly not either. I asked a perfectly reasonable question direct to Steve, only for the local anti-social club to butt in and presume I was some sort of lazy idiot who had not tried searching the site. But what is the point of going over it all again. I thought I had blocked this forum so as not to have to engauge with the local clique.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Esmedune said:

I thought I had blocked this forum so as not to have to engauge with the local clique.

Yet you have; some three weeks later. I thought you'd have had the common sense to leave it rather than annoy me again.

Really not in the mood for arguments with you today. Be warned.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Esmedune said:

Your not impressed, well I am certainly not either. I asked a perfectly reasonable question direct to Steve, only for the local anti-social club to butt in and presume I was some sort of lazy idiot who had not tried searching the site. But what is the point of going over it all again. I thought I had blocked this forum so as not to have to engauge with the local clique.

It's - you're not impressed, he doesn't have a not.

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, meil said:

It's - you're not impressed, he doesn't have a not.

Just a word of caution, correcting other poster's spelling mistakes is an area that needs very careful consideration - they may be dyslexic or have other challenges that prevent them seeing anything is wrong.

Alternatively they may have simply typed too fast, and not proof read before posting, but until you know if there is a reason for the mistake, best hold your corrections to yourself. 

I say this without any malice or chastisement, just offering another viewpoint.

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

17 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Just a word of caution, correcting other poster's spelling mistakes is an area that needs very careful consideration - they may be dyslexic or have other challenges that prevent them seeing anything is wrong.

Alternatively they may have simply typed too fast, and not proof read before posting, but until you know if there is a reason for the mistake, best hold your corrections to yourself. 

I say this without any malice or chastisement, just offering another viewpoint.

Likewise without malice or chastisement, point taken. I would be slow to criticise others lest I make a howler myself. Nevertheless, this is a public forum and I would regard it as a courtesy to the few unfortunate souls who chose to read my postings to read over a contribution before I post it. I am also aware that English is not the first language of some contributors. Heaven help them! Now and again I read over something and realise that it doesn’t mean what I intended it to mean.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Ordered quite a few different items from Steve at Railtec over the past few weeks and the service has been excellent. Got the excellent 3D nameplates for 4 locos I have been working on. Here are pics of the plates used.

Virgin 86244 is a standard Dapol virgin 86 renumbered and named using a pack with nameplate and number.

86249 used nameplates, numbers, cantrail stripes and overhead warning labels. 

60070 is nameplates, numbers and overhead warning labels.

60033 is nameplates, cantrail stripes and warning labels.

20210914_203825.jpg

20210914_204046.jpg

20210914_204300.jpg

20210914_204144.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Ordered a couple of sets of the 3D custom transfers on the 16th October - delivered a week later.

Great service as usual and I'm well pleased with them - hopefully will be able to do them justice when applied!

Edited by SP Steve
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

A big thank you to Steve at Railtec for developing transfers for my 'Pig Iron' wagon project. These are based on the old Trix wagon bodies with a variety of underframe parts from Parkside and Red Panda.

Steve's transfers complete the job superbly, thanks again Steve! My rake of ten is now ready to enter service.

905110416_DSCN0213(2).JPG.f4cf6adcedcea99cf2363c4140203857.JPG

1751431058_DSCN0214(2).JPG.526484a38e2b27c23fdbb88347971b63.JPG

652352387_DSCN0215(2).JPG.991f2362d9abe26aac20c93665a3315e.JPG

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Just received my Custom 'renumbering set' with 3D front Plate for 'Packet' 35024. Within a week turnaround.

Very high standard, top quality. I have used other suppliers in the past; maybe not now. OK Etched Plates need to be accessed elsewhere but these items are quality.

Phil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Steve,

Would you be able to print a sheet of custom transfers for my current project?

Based on advice from @SwissrailI've created multiple-layered artwork in Coreldraw 2020 for an A5-size sheet; there are layers for carrier film, white background and colour. I'm only actually using white, black and bright red.

I can't attach the cdr but attached is a pdf and a jpg to give you an idea of what it consists of; I'm sure I can export in other formats if that suits you better.

transfers_containerflats_ctc_2011-11-21.jpg.f824f66a0e2bebfbd7d8033761c22f3c.jpg

6629_6631.jpg.67072c538e938cf871eddf6082555c49.jpg

Please drop me a message if this is possible and how much it will cost.

I'm happy to put more time into the artwork to make it as easy as possible for you.

Many thanks,

Mol

transfers_containerflats_ctc_2011-11-21.pdf

• RMweb Premium
On 22/11/2021 at 06:01, Mol_PMB said:

Hi Steve,

Would you be able to print a sheet of custom transfers for my current project?

Based on advice from @SwissrailI've created multiple-layered artwork in Coreldraw 2020 for an A5-size sheet; there are layers for carrier film, white background and colour. I'm only actually using white, black and bright red.

I can't attach the cdr but attached is a pdf and a jpg to give you an idea of what it consists of; I'm sure I can export in other formats if that suits you better.

transfers_containerflats_ctc_2011-11-21.jpg.f824f66a0e2bebfbd7d8033761c22f3c.jpg

6629_6631.jpg.67072c538e938cf871eddf6082555c49.jpg

Please drop me a message if this is possible and how much it will cost.

I'm happy to put more time into the artwork to make it as easy as possible for you.

Many thanks,

Mol

transfers_containerflats_ctc_2011-11-21.pdf 491.62 kB · 3 downloads

Surely would be better to email him directly through the website rather than on a public forum?

• Agree 2