Railtec Transfers

Metr0Land

18 minutes ago, railtec-models said:

Not something I'd considered although (a) I've done them in larger scales and therefore (b) already have the artwork so potentially very easy to make it available as a customisable item on the web site. What scale? If 7mm then I'm pretty confident folks would want specific numbers. If 4mm then potentially not? Obviously specific numbers would be more expensive than a pack of realistic-ish numbers available as an off-the-shelf item.

Just one observation - with the real thing, and from normal viewing distance, it was difficult to see where the numberplate was located, let alone read it.

On the few 4mm. scale wagons where I have printed and applied white on black numberplate transfers, they stand out too prominently unless weathered to the point of near-invisibility!

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Premium

I have ordered transfers now for a couple of my MR cross WR collection.

My 2P was the first bit,  next is a 3 car GWR DMU in green and a 6 car Swindon inter city in green.

Got a 044T to work out details for next.

For br blue modellers the coach sets are brilliant as are custom loco sets, the Inter-City are also good.

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, railtec-models said:

Not something I'd considered although (a) I've done them in larger scales and therefore (b) already have the artwork so potentially very easy to make it available as a customisable item on the web site. What scale? If 7mm then I'm pretty confident folks would want specific numbers. If 4mm then potentially not? Obviously specific numbers would be more expensive than a pack of realistic-ish numbers available as an off-the-shelf item.

Yes, 4mm, hence my mention of the smudged/ill defined numbers, although an at least identifiable 'B' at the beginning, they would be plenty good enough underneath a coating of underframe grot, with, if it's possible to do of course, a premium product with readable numbers for ex works/display models.

Mike.

I've had trouble with gmail addresses since last November when they apparently made changes. I can receive messages from a gmail addresses but I just can't get a reply back to them, they're always rejected, nor send a new e-mail to them. For me a gmail address is useless.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, cctransuk said:

Just one observation - with the real thing, and from normal viewing distance, it was difficult to see where the numberplate was located, let alone read it.

On the few 4mm. scale wagons where I have printed and applied white on black numberplate transfers, they stand out too prominently unless weathered to the point of near-invisibility!

John Isherwood.

It's the old adage John, I know they are there!

Mike.

1 minute ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

It's the old adage John, I know they are there!

Mike.

I do appreciate that - but most models have a moulded representation of the plate. Some are blank with just a raised border; others have a vague representation of lettering.

Pretty much what is asked for?

CJI.

8 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Yes, 4mm, hence my mention of the smudged/ill defined numbers, although an at least identifiable 'B' at the beginning, they would be plenty good enough underneath a coating of underframe grot, with, if it's possible to do of course, a premium product with readable numbers for ex works/display models.

Mike.

It's Railtec. No such thing as "ill defined" 😀  I'm pretty sure the numbers will be legible albeit with a magnifying glass. Let me dig out the artwork I've already done when I have a minute as it could turn out to be a 6 minute job.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

I do appreciate that - but most models have a moulded representation of the plate. Some are blank with just a raised border; others have a vague representation of lettering.

Pretty much what is asked for?

CJI.

I can only speak for myself, but, on rtr stock, wrong position, same number on all wagons of the same type, (same reason I change the bodyside numbers), various kits, both brass and plastic, which either don't have them or they are in the wrong place.

That's the reason I use all the various manufacturers transfers.

Mike.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, railtec-models said:

It's Railtec. No such thing as "ill defined" 😀  I'm pretty sure the numbers will be legible albeit with a magnifying glass. Let me dig out the artwork I've already done when I have a minute as it could turn out to be a 6 minute job.

As you realised, I wasn't casting aspersions, just trying to simplify things for you!

Would researching/marketing numerically correct plates cause you more work, to be honest you're frightening me a bit as I would have to get clever with the specific numbers I required!

Would you do them as 1 wagon diagram = 1 sheet?

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

Just received some green DMU transfers and numbers.

All look good.

Still need to work out if Steve can do some of my custom stuff such as pre TOPS.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ikcdab said:

Hi Steve @railtec-models about chance that the 7mm fruit D set, 

Product code: 7mm-6325, can be done in 4mm?

I need a couple of sets!

Ian

Fruit Ds are long overdue in more than one period. They will appear. Many topics get logically grouped together, and as with anything that gets released, I don't just quickly bang packs out in a "it's probably close enough so the masses will be grateful just to have something" fashion, but I only release new product once I think it's bullet proof and I'd be happy to have it on my own models. That on the assumption that I get to have a layout of my own. Which, one day, I'm sure I'll get the chance!

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
On 13/08/2023 at 17:50, BernardTPM said:

I've had trouble with gmail addresses since last November when they apparently made changes. I can receive messages from a gmail addresses but I just can't get a reply back to them, they're always rejected, nor send a new e-mail to them. For me a gmail address is useless.

I have that trouble too but I find that if you send it as a "bcc" it goes through.  I understand gmail blocks messages from certain sources which it deems "hostile" but it seems it doesn't spot blind copies.  Strangely, there seem to be no problems with "googlemail" addresses.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I would just like to say thanks to railtec. My mate lost his mum last year. She used to go with him and his dad to all the exhibitions. I thought it would be nice to rename a Pullman car in her name for them. It absolutely made his Christmas! Thanks for producing the names and getting them to me in time, despite the busy time of year. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Have just placed and received my first order from Railtec.  Escellent and speedy service delivering the apecific loco numbers and details requested by me - highly recommended.