Bachmann 009 Skarloey Railway range

PaulRhB

To clarify the issue of Thomas and Percy Bachmann produced them in 2004-2006 for the UK, Thomas as Billy and Stuart in train sets, and as no.2005. Percy turned up as Greg in the same set as Stuart and as no.311 in 2005. The licensing issue prevented any further production but obviously the locos and train sets may have been available for some time thereafter.

Edited by Butler Henderson

At the moment, my intention is to Talyllynify the Minitrains 1042 0-4-0, meaning, to my mind, paint it green with yellow lining and add some buffers.  I'll take the lights off as well.  It looks pretty Eigiauesque already, so it fits with the general area.  I'm going to call it Bryn Eglwys as a geographical feature associated with the line, after Talyllyn and Dolgoch.  I would hate to have to choose which person deserves the next loco...

I can't upload the picture from work, so I'll have to edit when I get home. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think there are any at the moment, but more stocks are due from America soon, so you might want to email Tootally Thomas to reserve one of those.

I'm sure I'm not the only person to have seen the RM article and been taken by surprise, only to find none available. Hopefully with this being a new tool they will get some welly out of it now that demand is established, even if it is only as Skarloey. To some degree, Bachmann won't mind where they end up, so long as they sell!

The Bachmann USA Website shows out of stock and no indication of when or whether there will be more.  I'll be ordering Rheneas as soon as he's available.

Walthers, the big US model rail dealer/distributer, has it listed due on May 31, with a sale price. Of course, it was April 5, then April 19, so who knows.

Have one reserved through my fav online shop, and will probably reserve Rheneas when it gets listed.

Jim

Without ploughing through all the posts, is the Loco sold in the UK?  and what is the running like etc. I can get one ordered in the States if they are available, but would prefer to buy here if possible, (I am fully up on the licensing issues, which are about as insane as you can get).

Stephen.

Loco is sold by a very select few places I the uk, tootally Thomas is the most obvious example. However I personally found it cheaper to order from the USA. No where has them in stock at a reasonable price at the moment, but hey are due some time in May

Without ploughing through all the posts, is the Loco sold in the UK? and what is the running like etc. I can get one ordered in the States if they are available, but would prefer to buy here if possible, (I am fully up on the licensing issues, which are about as insane as you can get).

Stephen.

They run very well! Well worth the money.

Daniel

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Evening people!

I see that Tootally Thomas has another batch of 95 Skarloeys on the way. If any of these purchasers are interested in the lining decals, I will be printing some more subject to demand, in red, black and green liveries. Please either post here, PM me or contact me via my website.

Thanks,

Daniel

Edited by daniel11

Two questions for me, does anyone have a scan of the the article from Railway Modeller, in finest fashion I miss the odd one and I had to miss that!!

and has anybody fitted DCC to one? easy?

Scottie

If you subscribe then you can never lose the article as all digital back copies are available

If you subscribe then you can never lose the article as all digital back copies are available

Good point, I normally just pick up a copy of whatever takes my fancy, so I occasionally miss some.

I am correct in saying it is April 2016 one?

I could get one of Ebay

Edited by scottie
  • Like 1

Arrived this morning, thank you very much, most impressed

Not looked on mine yet but looking on the spares sheet, there seems to be a PCB presumably a cap/inductor, hoping to replace that with a DCC decoder

Scottie

Edited by scottie

• RMweb Gold

Hopefully next week, one held till Monday, can you report on the running etc?

Stephen

Here's my Bachmann Skarloey on 150mm radius track with a Peco GVT coach, two pics and a video. Thanks to Steve at Tootally for excellent service again.

31E83F50-73E1-400C-A082-7AD22CD46333.jpg

B968CD51-02AA-45DD-9631-2263ED8BE607.jpg

And a vid to show how smooth the loco is :)

https://youtu.be/Oli_v_Kcw7o

Ordered a another smaller decoder that I hope will fit, I did give her a bit of a run under DC, shockingly lovely and smooth runs nice and slow, love the thing already :-)

Fitted decoder, pretty easy to fit, it runs a treat, I shall try and post pics tomorrow

• Like 1

Have received mine, not just need some N/009 track to give it a run.

Was about to cancel my order, a couple of weeks ago, and use the funds for items needed for other model projects, when I found it was in stock and shipping, at Walthers, so let the order stand.

Not sure where I will go with it, maybe a fictional NG line, built by a couple of towns after being bypassed by the major railway, somewhere in Kent. :)

Jim F

• Like 1

More black livery decals and red livery lettering in stock at: http://www.dtbmodels.ml

I have some green ones as well but there is a slight misprint on them.

------EDIT-------------

I have had the misprinted green decals reprinted so correctly printed sets are now available from my website at the normal price.

Edited by daniel11

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

A quick appeal to anyone who has used the Narrow Planet slimline conversion kit on their Skarloey models - could I buy the original parts (cylinders, slide bar assembly/crosshead and rod) from you?

I think it would be perfect for a project I am working on.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've been slowly working on a conversion amongst my many projects.  I have many sheets of BR lining, but i've just ordered a set of daniel11's decals to make my life easier.

https://sjgardiner.wordpress.com/2016/11/26/oo9-talyllyn-3d-printed-bits-and-stripping-paint/

I'm doing the previous lined black livery, personal choice, while i think the red looks very sharp, i like the black lined out look.

Stephen

• Like 1