By some coincidence I managed to be staying over in Marple last night looking after the grandchildren. A good excuse for a walk down the road before going home.

post-9767-0-32789200-1424024862_thumb.jpg

44871 and 45407 hauling 1Z54 The Tin Bath passing Marple on the outward journey from Preston to Sheffield.

Photo Copyright 2015 C E Steele

• Like 14

Nice to see they have fixed the viaduct at Huddersfield end of the line. For ages it has been banned to anything other than lightweight DMUs. Even the RHTT had to turn round before it.

Quite a few people out for it when I was walking round possible locations out by Silkstone Common, but the general gloom and nondescript tree-lined single track led me back to where the line crosses the M1 at Dodworth:

post-6971-0-53735400-1424087135.jpg

I don't think that bridge is hump-backed - must be the wide angle on my lens.

• Like 12

Nice photos. The bridge over the Calder photo is one case where photoshopping out the graffiti would be entirely justified.

If only it were so easy to get rid of graffiti in the real world.

And while I had Photoshop open, here is a black and white version.

• Like 7

Edited by 4630
  • Like 9

I was on board, very enjoyable with plenty of noise from the locos.

Left Preston late because of signalling problems. About an hour late leaving Sheffield, would have been early back into Preston if the station had not run out of platforms.

• Like 1

Some fantastic photos on here of The Tin Bath Railtour from last year and this year.  Here's my photo of the train last weekend, Sunday 14th February 2016 at Wigan North Western on platform 1.  The lines far right of the loco drop down under the road to Wigan Wallgate Station.  I was considering going a bit further down the line to Ince or Hindley station to get a photo but as I had the kids with me I decided on Wigan as it was stopping for a few minutes.

post-25512-0-88170700-1455651189_thumb.jpg

Edited by Powerhaul 70 Pey
  • Like 2

Passed very close to me. I didn't know about it until a neighbour mentioned something about a steam tour, didn't even have time to grab my camera. Not having a clue what to expect I was rather pleased to find both locomotives there.