The Tin Bath 15th February 2015

• RMweb Gold

By some coincidence I managed to be staying over in Marple last night looking after the grandchildren. A good excuse for a walk down the road before going home.

post-9767-0-32789200-1424024862_thumb.jpg

44871 and 45407 hauling 1Z54 The Tin Bath passing Marple on the outward journey from Preston to Sheffield.

Photo Copyright 2015 C E Steele

• RMweb Gold

The pair were steaming well on the return journey, 1Z55 from Sheffield to Preston, in the afternoon.

It was grey and misty when The Tin Bath crossed Penistone Viaduct.

I caught up with it again for the water stop at Brighouse station.

The nameplate on 45407.

Followed by a short dash to Elland for 44871 and 45407 crossing the River Calder.

Quite a few people out for it when I was walking round possible locations out by Silkstone Common, but the general gloom and nondescript tree-lined single track led me back to where the line crosses the M1 at Dodworth:

post-6971-0-53735400-1424087135.jpg

I don't think that bridge is hump-backed - must be the wide angle on my lens.

• RMweb Gold

Nice photos. The bridge over the Calder photo is one case where photoshopping out the graffiti would be entirely justified.

If only it were so easy to get rid of graffiti in the real world.

And while I had Photoshop open, here is a black and white version.

• RMweb Premium

If only it were so easy to get rid of graffiti in the real world.

attachicon.gif44871 1Z55 Elland 15022015 clean RMWeb.jpg

And while I had Photoshop open, here is a black and white version.

attachicon.gif44871 1Z55 Elland 15022015 clean B&W RMWeb.jpg

That shot would make an excellent greetings card for a like minded enthusiast.

Great shot(s)

P

• 11 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I was on board, very enjoyable with plenty of noise from the locos.

Left Preston late because of signalling problems. About an hour late leaving Sheffield, would have been early back into Preston if the station had not run out of platforms.

Some fantastic photos on here of The Tin Bath Railtour from last year and this year.  Here's my photo of the train last weekend, Sunday 14th February 2016 at Wigan North Western on platform 1.  The lines far right of the loco drop down under the road to Wigan Wallgate Station.  I was considering going a bit further down the line to Ince or Hindley station to get a photo but as I had the kids with me I decided on Wigan as it was stopping for a few minutes.

post-25512-0-88170700-1455651189_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Passed very close to me. I didn't know about it until a neighbour mentioned something about a steam tour, didn't even have time to grab my camera. Not having a clue what to expect I was rather pleased to find both locomotives there.

Archived