Dapol O gauge wagon bargains

Jon Fitness

Just bought three via PayPal, works fine for me.

Did you tick the little box agreeing to T&C on the page where you select PayPal

Had a brain fade, thought I couldn't pay using PayPal, but it's me that the twit, I shouldn't be let loose on websites, managed to eventually find the right box to tick and also bought three to play with!

Is it me or did a post disappear saying you could not pay by PayPal. Make my post look a bit odd otherwise.

No it's not you, I deleted it when I realised I was a t*t, but by then you had posted and I couldn't put it back, as usual I blame it on too much wine.

• RMweb Premium

I saw this on the O Gauge Guild forum over the weekend and tried to order but got a message they were out of stock and the online shop couldn't complete my order. However later others were successful so I tried again and the order went through - must have been a fault in system or they were overwhelmed by the success and added more stock to the sale.

I have just bought one. Now it says -1. Hope Dapol refund me if KTM beat me to it. I had a few problems filling their form. Before putting a dot against agreeing to the privacy policy I looked at it and there was a blank form. Then the details I had put in went blank so I had to write my details again and decided to put the dot in as there was only one wagon left. It took me about 20 minutes as I had to sign in as a new customer choose a password and to accept a non-existent privacy policy.

Dapol are now saying that the wagon is out of stock.

Definitely all gone now! Just tried to add to cart and looks like I missed out. :( Still showing 19 days to go,so it looks like they weren't expecting RMWeb to nab them all. Time to make another batch? at that price they will still fly off the shelf.

The link/website now says "209 sold. -1 left" ....still 18 days to go!!

... and after all Mr ABS's sustained & dedicated 'Public Service' efforts to educate you all about what's wrong with them, too!!! :D :sungum: :jester:

Sure I can hear him weeping from here.... :P

Must admit I was tempted, but they are a bit out of period for me so I resisted.

I do have one- my first foray into 0 gauge ("ooh, that'll look nice on the shelf above the (00) layout"), which I used to practice weathering- was quite pleased with the results, certainly at £20 they'd have been ideal candidates for anyone wanting to have a go.

post-10340-0-69138700-1424289582_thumb.jpg

post-10340-0-79629200-1424289702_thumb.jpg

The link/website now says "209 sold. -1 left" ....still 18 days to go!!

... and after all Mr ABS's sustained & dedicated 'Public Service' efforts to educate you all about what's wrong with them, too!!! :D :sungum: :jester:

Sure I can hear him weeping from here.... :P

I thought I heard laughter coming down the phone from Hamworthy this afternoon.  The price always wins in the end with the present day modelers.

Loconuts

The price always wins in the end with the present day modelers.

Loconuts

Yep, have to agree - price is everything.

I have to say that, as exhaustive, repetitive, & ultimately undisputed as Adrian BS's list of faults with these wagons is, it only took one thing to put me off them - notwithstanding that they are outside my direct scope of interest anyway - and that is the yawning great chasm between the brake shoes & wheels. It stands out a mile. Yes no doubt it can be put right, but it surely shouldn't have been that bad in the first place??

Anyway that's just my opinion & digging up very old ground now, so I'll end with asking where the "Jealous"button is, because £20 is a Bargain in anyone's book when it comes to RTR O Scale - even most of my US freight cars have cost more than that!! (but not much more ;) :P ...)

My wagon P73154 arrived yesterday morning one day after I ordered it. There is a problem with the coupling spring but my model railway club will try and fix it.

Picture shows the wagon with its door open at the sidings at Corfe Castle Station on the Purbeck Model Railway Group layout at Godlingston Manor, Swanage.

post-17621-0-17347500-1424339098_thumb.jpg

Any idea if Dapol are doing anymore Fire sales with these ?

Probably the best bet is to keep a regular eye on their website and then get in quick before someone posts it up on RMWeb. Or they will have sold out before you can get your hands on one, just like this lot ;)

Archived