Dapol O gauge wagon bargains

Jon Fitness

I saw this on the O Gauge Guild forum over the weekend and tried to order but got a message they were out of stock and the online shop couldn't complete my order. However later others were successful so I tried again and the order went through - must have been a fault in system or they were overwhelmed by the success and added more stock to the sale.

"Success"? There are some rather unhappy retailers out there. Dapol has done a Hornby on them.

• RMweb Premium

Chris - I have to agree with you here (and I know from previous conversations that this will never happen with Ixion) but I was looking at it from a customer point of view and perhaps 'success' was a poor choice of word to use. It's something that Dapol have done for some time as they have monthly specials on their website - for example there are some OO wagons at half price as well as a couple of N Gauge locos but this is the first time for their 7mm stock. I understand that they also had a lot of discounted stock at the Warley show, again undercutting their own stockists.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived