Small OO Turntable for Tank Locos

Is there a small ready built oo gauge small turntable made by anyone suitable for 0-4-0 / 0-6-0 tank locos ? No more than a Hornby R600 in length. I require a turntable but not the standard 30 cm length type as its too big for layout and requirement. Maybe a wagon TT will do, I believe Faller did one but unsure of length. Does not need to be motorised. Thanks.

• RMweb Gold

Swanage is a good example of a small turntable used by tank locomotives.

A wagon turntable has a deck that covers the whole pit (such as it is). They also tend to have two perpendicular tracks which would look wrong for a loco turntable. I think that perhaps the OP is after a turntable with a bridge.

There certainly used to be a small HO one designed for use with roundhouses. Not sure of the make though.

Alternatively, use an N-gauge turntable/well (e.g. Peco) and widen the deck and gauge.

Is there a small ready built oo gauge small turntable made by anyone suitable for 0-4-0 / 0-6-0 tank locos ? No more than a Hornby R600 in length. I require a turntable but not the standard 30 cm length type as its too big for layout and requirement. Maybe a wagon TT will do, I believe Faller did one but unsure of length. Does not need to be motorised. Thanks.

Hi Paul

Have a look at:

http://www.kitwoodhillmodels.com/on30-turntables/

Don't let the narrow gauge aspect put you off - just look at the gauge available.

Regards.

Archived