Denton Brook 7mm Industrial

Giles

I'm delighted to say that the RC Bagnall did a full 7 hours non stop duty at today's exhibition (Farnham show at Aldershot). This without any recharging.... I've just got it back to the hotel and put it on charge, and it's only taken 15 minutes of charge, which suggests it's used very little of its capacity! (I charge at 1S, so a full charge would take an hour....).

All in all, it's remarkably successful at it's job.

We were also kindly awarded the most voted for layout, which is delightful, and made us feel warm inside - or was the the nice beer they gave us......

Martin and Ken did a stirling job through the day with no breaks - bless them.

Pleasure as always Giles, see you at the next one.

Martin

Likewise, we're looking forward to Uckfield, although I haven't a clue as to how Friday night is goingv6o happen!

Yes, a 650mAh battery with one gear motor seems just the job for a single day.

Somewhere there should be a photo of the A team with a nice big trophy......

Likewise, we're looking forward to Uckfield, although I haven't a clue as to how Friday night is goingv6o happen!

Yes, a 650mAh battery with one gear motor seems just the job for a single day.

Somewhere there should be a photo of the A team with a nice big trophy......

Ah yes, the A team!

Having returned from the wilds of Nepal, I'm looking forward to seeing it in the flesh at Uckfield on Saturday. Well done for winning the trophy at Farnham.

Good to meet you face to face Giles. The layout was superb and lives up to the expectations set by the photos. Everything runs so nicely.

The rest of the show was very good as well.

Left me feeling inspired to get back and make some better progress on my own models.

Thanks

Good to meet you face to face Giles. The layout was superb and lives up to the expectations set by the photos. Everything runs so nicely.

The rest of the show was very good as well.

Left me feeling inspired to get back and make some better progress on my own models.

Thanks

I'm so sorry - the penny didn't drop when you said your handle..... I should have very much liked to have had a chat - I have a real problem recalling the various handles against the threads and achievements - so I apologise!

All the very bendy

Giles

Good show Giles...lovely to meet you at Uckfield. All the coupling and uncoupling off stage - genius!

Richard

So glad to meet you Richard - one quiet moment!

You're all exceedingly kind - and those are excellent photos!

We had a really good (though exhausting) time at Uckfield. We were delighted to win the vote, though if it had been for 'Best Modelling' I'm sure Gordon and Maggie should have won.

• 2 months later...

Bless you Chris! I confess I hadn't the foggiest idea what you were referring to - so I looking it up.... I should be honoured and delighted to come in tenth!

I didnt know that BRM were still doing such comps, those seemed to stop just prior to John Emerson and Richard Wilson leaving? IMHHO you should have been a lot further up the rankings than 10th, but well done anyway.

Anyone know who came first-most the model making in BRM seems to be done in house these days, so was the comp based on layouts?

Kindest regards,

CME

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher

Someone took a nice photo of the team at Farnham, which was kind...... couldn't do it without 'em!39456208011_fba50cc140_c.jpgThe Team by giles favell, on Flickr

Always a pleasure to operate Denton Brook Giles, seems a long time until the next outing is due.

If you are at a lose end anytime next weekend, we will be exhibiting The Yard for the first time, at the Orpington model railway show, all be it in a WIP format, time just ran away! Welcome to bring a lorry to run, we managed to squeeze in 12+ feet of roadway.

Martin

Always a pleasure to operate Denton Brook Giles, seems a long time until the next outing is due.

If you are at a lose end anytime next weekend, we will be exhibiting The Yard for the first time, at the Orpington model railway show, all be it in a WIP format, time just ran away! Welcome to bring a lorry to run, we managed to squeeze in 12+ feet of roadway.

Martin

What's The Yard?