The latest APT-E samples have arrived...

rapidotrains

This just arrived in our Canada office...

post-20909-0-64342300-1424460195_thumb.jpg

Now we're going to test it. This sample is to highlight any injection issues and, more importantly, to test the mechanical performance of the train.  Basically that means that we're going to beat the stuffing out of it.

We've discovered that it works well on a #4 radius curve but on a #2 radius the lead bogie derails because the universals are too tight.  We'll need to adjust the moulds for that.

The tooling is about 95% finished. We just need to cut in a few details on the roofs and then add the rivets, but we don't add the rivets until everything is absolutely perfect. 

We also need to adjust the material flow on the noses as currently there is a 1mm diameter sink on the nose, which is 1mm too big.

The bottle is to help get us through the long hours of testing.  I think we'll need a bigger bottle.

We'll add some windows and decoration to one of the samples and fire it off to Shildon in the next couple of weeks.

Best regards,

Jason

Looking good Jason any chance you can measure the nose overhang on 4th radius curves and let us know i don't want it to hit the wall on my new layout!

Dave

What a shame that so few people are rebuilding their layouts / houses to fit the APT-E, rather than expecting Jason to make all the compromises. Surely a quiet word with the neighbour might allow the APT-E to stretch its legs in their bedroom/loft as well? ;)

Hi Jason,

Fantastic detail to the cab, how easy will it be to get to this to add a driver...

Am I right thinking that there will not be a driver and I don't really like a ghost train!

On this note how easy will it be to get in the coaches to add technicians/engineers.

Thanks

Stuart

Jason

Is every thing on schedule for the release date or is there a possibility of getting the model early?

Pete

Excellent work buy all the team Nice.

We're still on schedule for late this year.  I don't want to rush it as we still haven't received fully functioning samples with the plugs between cars.

Also at this point the cars couple really easily but taking them apart... that is not so easy.  We're going to see if we can fix that.

-Jason

Archived