Bath MRC

JZjr

Has there been a Bath MRC in recent years, I can't remember one (but I'm only 16 so I can only remember the last decade or so).

Is there current potential for a MRC in the city?

I'm surprised there isn't one as it is probably big enough!

Thanks,

• 4 months later...

Has there been a Bath MRC in recent years, I can't remember one (but I'm only 16 so I can only remember the last decade or so).

Is there current potential for a MRC in the city?

I'm surprised there isn't one as it is probably big enough!

Thanks,

There used to be one but not sure if it is still going. I went to it one night, they used to meet in the sea cadet hall down near pultney bridge, in days gone by they used to organise an exhibition but the time I went they were down there only 6 members there. I ended up joining the Bentley MRC up in Chippenham (I have now moved from Bath to Calne) whose clubroom is by the station so accessible from Bath easily without a car.

There's the Claverton Modular group, who have two large US modular layouts, one HO and one N. I don't know any more about them, I only know they exist because there was an advert in Bath Model Centre for their annual open day at Claverton Community Hall.

In Chippenham there is also Westinghouse MRC, who meet in some Nissen huts at the former Westinghouse factory site (hence the name) and exhibit the P4 Midland Sidings layout.

Paul

Archived