Heljan O Gauge Class 37 - new versions being discussed

Cliff Williams

Wrong scale for me, but the 37/0 is the obvious next choice. Also, wouldn't the 37/4 also be able to make the 37/6 version from the same model, just have the ETH bits on the buffer beam as separate piece added later?

Depends how much modelling work you want to do but a 37/4 opens up pretty much any refurb centre box class 37, although the 37/9's would need a fair amunt of roof work.

There appears to be an interesting trend developing.

People who I have spoken to have indicated they would have multiple 37/4s

Units for 37/4 range from 3 per person to 12. That's about 40 between a handful of Gents.

TWELVE??!!?? :O bl**dy hell there's some serious money swilling around in this scale!! None of it mine... :(

• 2 months later...

I wouldn't expect any thing just yet with the 60, 42, 25 & 45 plus coaches and wagons to come the book is very full.

As for a 47 hopefully JLTRT will satisfy that demand

And the class 128 in 2017, Edited by two tone green

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

I'd add another voice for a Heljan centre-headcode '37', either version would suit my layout so i'd be happy!  I don't have the time or to be honest, patience, to build loco kits - just about manage wagons but that tests me!  And definitely a vote for more than one! ... There are three split-boxes in different liveries sat in front of me at the moment!

Given the large interest in the class in general I would have thought the centre-headcode version would have been a no-brainer before now.  I know of two people (37 fans) who aren't modellers, but both have an O gauge split-box variety (or two!) in a display case on the wall! So the market is there, not just for the modellers.  So please Heljan, if your listening, make this one a must!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I know this thread is about Class 37s but . . . 

. . is there anybody else, apart from me, who'd like to see Heljan do the Class 27 in O gauge?

I'd have thought that it would sell better than the Class 26.

I'd take four of them, with and without tablet catcher recess.  Anybody else ?

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread.

Pete M.

Edited by petemster

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...