Cheltenham Exhibition - April 11th and 12th 2015

Mike Walker has pulled together another great show for this April, if you haven't been before then this is a cracking little exhibition:

April 11 - 10:00 - 17:00

April 12 - 10:00 - 16:30

St Margarets Hall, Conniston Road, Hatherley, Cheltenham, GL51 3NU (Good buggy/wheelchair access, on site parking, with overflow parking on local roads)

Layouts Include:

- Devonport Road (00)

- Dudbrook (00)

- Hergest (00 + 009)

- Hobbs Row Halt (009)

- Lindon Road (00)

- Orchard Road TMD (00)http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/12930-orchard-road-tmd-br-blue/?hl=%2Borchard+%2Broad

- Peafore Yard (00) http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/82744-peafore-yard-37114s-new-4mm-br-blue-layout/?hl=%2Bpeafore+%2Byard

- Redwood (0-16.5)

- Rheilffordd Clydach Railway (009)

- Tansey Bank (009)

- Thomass (00)

- Wardton (00)

- Yeoton Wharf 21+14.2mm gauge, (3mm)

Displays include Alan Drewitt, David and Paul Mellor (Model Lorries),Andy Peckham (Buses), Tracey Lippett (Mini Scenes),

Demo's by top modellers; Andi Dell (Dagworth), Mark Begley, Trevor Hale and Steve Harrod

Traders include

Cheltenham Model Centre (Saturday)

Castle Trains (Sunday)

Stewart Blencowe (Books, photos etc)

Clive Reid (Pre owned models)

Looking forward to bringing Orchard Road up to Cheltenham. Heard some very good reports, yet not been before. Mike can be seen at quite a few exhibitions looking for layouts and booked me in about 2 years ago!

He does like to get them in early, I know I booked Peafore Yard for this show back in April 2011, I was chatting with him the other day and he was booking for 2018 already.

This my my first exhibition at the age of 15 with my layout 'Dudbrook'. It's a GWR terminus station- 9ft long.

There are some great layouts atttending such as Orchard Road TMD, Peafore and Rheilffordd Clydach Railway just to name a few- should be ones of Mike's best!!!!

Looking forward to seeing Dudbrook, Mike was telling me on the phone the other day how impressed he was with your modelling.

• 2 weeks later...

Will have to leave you to it this year folks - we are off to Trainwest with Abbotswood that weekend

Phil

I will wave as I pass you going the opposite way as I live 5 miles from Melksham, I think there will be quite a few modellers passing on the M4/M5 between Wiltshire and Gloucestshire!

• 2 weeks later...

Less than a week to go now, busy doing the last bits on the layout ready for its debut. If you fancy some 12" to 1' railway action as well, the G&WR are operating a steam and diesel service on both days from the north side of town, 15 minutes drive away

Just as a heads up we will have some road works in Cheltenham this weekend with road closures in place close to the hall , so expect detours around the road works we will have our signs out so if in doubt look out for our model rail arrows  :no:

Cheers

Just as a heads up we will have some road works in Cheltenham this weekend with road closures in place close to the hall , so expect detours around the road works we will have our signs out so if in doubt look out for our model rail arrows  :no:

Cheers

Thanks Rob, are you able to give a few more details as to where the road works are, I am coming from the South so can come either from the M5 or the A46?

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the tip-off. For those of us going by bus Stagecoach West say:

Service D Diversion

Last Updated: 30 March 2015 8:42 AM

27th April - 5th May 2015

Please be advised of the following temporary road closure:- Windermere Road, Cheltenham

This road will be closed from 27th April to 5th May 2015 for carriageway resurfacing work by Amey on behalf of Gloucestershire County Council.

Service D will therefore divert by following Alma Road until it reaches the junction with Caernarvon Road, where it will turn right. The service will continue along this road until it reaches Hatherley Road, where it will rejoin the normal route.

The nearest bus stop to Windermere Road will be a temporary bus stop on Alma Road by One Stop Road or by Caernarvon Park.

If you should require further information please contact Amey Gloucestershire on 08000 514514 or Cheltenham Travel Shop on 01242 544120

Services Affected: D

• RMweb Gold

We will be doing our usual curry house night out on the Saturday, anyone wanting to join us is welcome, come and talk to me at the show for details

Andi

• RMweb Gold

We will be doing our usual curry house night out on the Saturday, anyone wanting to join us is welcome, come and talk to me at the show for details

Andi

Myself and Ray may take you up on the offer. I'm bringing Orchard Road.

Very enjoyable 2 days, great to see so many RMwebbers and as always Mike put on a great show, good quality of layouts and always a nice relaxed atmosphere.Great to see Orchard Road in the flesh, the detail inside of the shed is incredible ( I found the coat hanger eventually!) The presence of some excellent 009 layouts has given me a few ideas for the next layout if I do something other than blue diesels

Archived