Stockport & District Railway Modellers 2015 Exhibition

NunneyCastle5029

Below are the details of our 23rd annual show, any questions please ask :)

DATE 9th - 10th MAY 2014

Venue: Stockport Grammar School, Buxton Road (A6), Stockport, Cheshire, SK2 7AQ

Opening times: Saturday 10.00 – 17.00 Sunday 10.00-16.00

Admission Prices: Adult £5.00, concessions £4.50 accompanied children under 16 Free

Contact details: Phone: 07895 838 029 Email: exhibition@sdrm.co.uk website www.sdrm.co.uk

The following layouts, traders and demonstrators will be in attendance:

Layouts:

• Burghead: N Gauge, 1960’s/1970’s Harbour based layout with both passenger and freight traffic
  • Chesnut Road: OO gauge, DCC sound, present day Midlands container depot with large amount of freight, with passenger services passing by.
  • Culm: EM Gauge: GWR based Branch Terminus
  • Dufton Road: OO Gauge, Class 47 based depot where the public are invited to drive the locos around the depot.
  • Gomersall town: 2mm Finescale, West Yorkshire based LNWR branch terminus
  • Hebble Vale Goods: Em Gauge, DCC 1970’s Blue diesel era, based in west Yorkshire with a busy freight yard
  • Monyash: OO Gauge, SDRM Club Layout making a welcome return to the exhibition circuit after 25 years in store, the layout represents a through station part of a midland railway branch, set in the 1950’s/1960s period.
  • Spires Road: OO Gauge, 1959 Derbyshire based layout still holding on to both passenger and goods services
  • Zauberwaldbahn: Oe, German Based Narrow gauge feeder line, with freight and passenger services
  • Oldham King Street Parcels: O Gauge, 1970’s/1980’s northwest based urban layout with full dcc sound and smoke! The layout is making a welcome return to our show after a number of years.
  • Much Winding: S&DRM club layout for children to have a drive

Traders:

• Uncommon Kits: a selection of unusual and hard to find kits
  • Bill Hudson Books: railway, modelling and transport related books
  • Direct Train Spares of Burnley: selection of electrical parts and rolling roads
  • I & G Steam: Modelling tools and materials
  • Rural Railways: Detailing parts kits etc
  • SMTF: Model railway items from Z-O gauge, stock and accessories
  • Vintage Prints: railway posters mugs magnets etc
  • World of Motion: Model railway parts inc scenic and diecast models
  • Llangollen railcars and S&DRM club sales stand: a selection of items for sale from within the club and also from the Llangollen railcars group

Demonstration stands:

• Rassbottom brow group: show you how to build buildings track and stock
  • SDRM: various club members projects and club projects will be on display

Further updates will be available from our Facebook page, feel free to give us a like too: https://www.facebook.com/stockportrailwaymodellers

• 1 month later...

STOCKPORT

MODEL RAILWAY EXHIBITION

9.5.2015 - 10.5.2015

URGENT PRESS RELEASE Cancellation of Exhibition

Stockport and District Railway Modellers have reluctantly decided to cancel their Annual Model Railway Exhibition which was scheduled to take place at Stockport Grammar School over the weekend of 9th and 10th May 2015.

The Club has been forced to make this decision due to a sudden uncertainty on the part of Stockport Grammar School as to whether they are able to accommodate the Exhibition alongside another School event scheduled to take place on the Saturday of the Exhibition.

A final decision is unlikely to be made by the School until 29th April 2015, and the Club’s Committee felt that leaving a decision with regard to the Exhibition until then was too much of a gamble if we then had to cancel some or all of our Exhibition arrangements.

Stockport and District Railway Modellers have not taken this decision lightly, since the Annual Exhibition is the major fundraising event for the Club.  However, it was felt that making the decision to cancel now was fairest for exhibitors and visitors alike, since it allows us to give the maximum amount of notice of the cancellation. 

The Club would also like to apologise to all those model railway enthusiasts who will now be unable to visit one of the North-West's most well-regarded model railway exhibitions.

The Committee of Stockport and District Railway Modellers would like to ask you for your assistance in publicising the cancellation as widely as possible, so as to prevent any potential visitors making an unnecessary journey.

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Reorte,

its a great shame that its had to happen, but there realy was no option, however we are always looking for new members if you would be interested in joining?

Thanks for the offer but if all goes well I'm going to be moving house pretty soon (although still not all that far away). In any case in many ways I'm the stereotypical unsociable type who'd just end up sitting in the corner doing nothing. Hopefully I'll see you at a future exhibition though.

Cheers Guys,

Yes its disappointing, but we are looking at still doing next years show, it maybe at the school or at a different venue, when i know i will let you know.

Welsh Yorkie, I'm sure we would be able to get you and Clum at a future show, always admired your layout when ever I've seen it. :)

Retorte, that's entirely up to you, but your more than welcome to come along any time if you wanted to :) good luck with the move too :)

Cheers

Kevin

Archived