Hornby Merchant Navy announced (formerly Facebook leak)

miles73128

53 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

I did a quick search but couldn’t find a newer thread, has really no one talked about the MN in a year + ?

Anyways hattons have paint samples.... but hold your breath..its green & black only.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/newsdetail.aspx?id=661

Looks great, but sadly attracted price whinging.

In addition to the two samples featured in the latest Engine Shed blog, Hornby are also releasing R3649 Ellerman Lines in BR Brunswick green and R3632 East Asiatic Company in experimental BR blue liveries.

Both are shown on the Hornby website as due for general release in Spring 2020.

Maybe a late crest version, General Steam Navigation complete with cut down tender will be announced for 2020.

Edited by Black 5 Bear
Omission
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Black 5 Bear said:

In addition to the two samples featured in the latest Engine Shed blog, Hornby are also releasing R3649 Ellerman Lines in BR Brunswick green and R3632 East Asiatic Company in experimental BR blue liveries.

Both are shown on the Hornby website as due for general release in Spring 2020.

Maybe a late crest version, General Steam Navigation complete with cut down tender will be announced for 2020.

i dont reckon anyone wants a blue one... nah...

:unknw_mini:

(youve got to at least want 2 of them)..:D

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I’m going to wade through all the previous comments but I think the rebuilt Merchant Navy is in need of a serious upgrade as it must be over 13 years old by now.  I know there were issues with the chimney and smokebox door plus no steps by the front buffers or cylinder drain cocks.

I know that these are petty but when your paying £130+ for a model, it would be nice to have these right.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Rshakes3 said:

Well I`ve had a blue one on pre order over a year now and the last update I saw was June/July - any ideas why they were delayed so long?

Perhaps that version required a (minor) tooling change and the first shots needed corrections?

• RMweb Gold
57 minutes ago, toboldlygo said:

If anyone's watched the latest Signal Box Video, freeze frame at 18 minutes 19 seconds...

..and tell me I'm not imagining things - a Series 2 in Malachite Green! 

35012 ?

good spot, its not in any of the lists so far.

Maybe its for the Hornby Summer EP ?

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

35012 ?

good spot, its not in any of the lists so far.

Maybe its for the Hornby Summer EP ?

I thought the Tamiya Extra Thin Quick Setting fumes, were getting to me at first (was assembling a hedgehog anti-submarine mortar at the time), so I rechecked once the fumes had cleared lol

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

6 hours ago, toboldlygo said:

If anyone's watched the latest Signal Box Video, freeze frame at 18 minutes 19 seconds...

..and tell me I'm not imagining things - a Series 2 in Malachite Green! 

It's at 18.01 on my screen :)

35012_MN_Image9_r1346.jpg.1d1b21498ed3034fc4dfde530f46edf1.jpg

and will go well with this...

60514_A2_Image6.jpg.6bb0282d997e1cf1b66cb2d10f1bc77c.jpg

Copyright © Ron Fisher.

oh dear an error never mind we have time....  :)

Edited by robmcg

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Graham_Muz said:

Don’t get excited it’s an error and won’t be appearing anytime soon 

An error, more of a staged coincidence to gauge interest more like ;) 

You yourself hinted at the 'potential' of a Series 2 with the newly tooled 5,100gl tender in your blog yesterday...

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Graham_Muz said:

One of the original ten MNs in EARLY BR condition (front cowl, retaining air-smoothed casing ahead of cylinders etc) .......

.... now that might get me excited!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

14 hours ago, Graham_Muz said:

What does Hornby have against MN Series One?

Where all the best known shipping lines are.

Missed out in the Rebuilt series.

The most attractive and distinctive air-smoothed tender in unrebuilt form.

How many more Holland-Afrika (who?) Lines do we need?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Forester said:

What does Hornby have against MN Series One?

Where all the best known shipping lines are.

Missed out in the Rebuilt series.

The most attractive and distinctive air-smoothed tender in unrebuilt form.

How many more Holland-Afrika (who?) Lines do we need?

I think [HOPE] they are holding those back for the retooled rebuilt MN when they eventually get round to it.

Previous models seem to have been selected on the basis of the available tender mouldings, 35005 and 35029 excepted which had the wrong ones.

John

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 03/01/2020 at 00:33, Rshakes3 said:

Well I`ve had a blue one on pre order over a year now and the last update I saw was June/July - any ideas why they were delayed so long?

Slipped yet again to Dec 20/ Jan 21. Don’t think Hornby are interested. Mines been on pre-order since January 2018, they obviously don’t need the cash(?).

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

44 minutes ago, paftrain said:

Slipped yet again to Dec 20/ Jan 21. Don’t think Hornby are interested. Mines been on pre-order since January 2018, they obviously don’t need the cash(?).

I fully understand reasonable delays in this model getting to market, particularly inlight of the current pandemic. It's somewhat galling to find other locos announced and released well after the current M/N announcements that are now freely available to purchase.

EAC, along with the other variants are sure to prove very popular, this being evidenced by the number of pre-orders and will literally fly off the shelves.

Fingers crossed this model won't be pushed back again.

Edited by Black 5 Bear

21 minutes ago, paftrain said:

Did you bother finding out why it is delayed before putting up such a pointless post?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

An explanation of the production issue can be found in the work in progress section of my blog post here https://grahammuz.com/2020/01/06/Hornby-to-celebrate-centenary-in-style-with-ambitious-plans-for-their-2020-range-even-if-not-too-much-southern-also-work-in-progress-update/

Different models and their tolling are produced in different factories and therefore an issue with one factory, as in this case, will affect some models but not others. 

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, Graham_Muz said:

An explanation of the production issue can be found in the work in progress section of my blog post here https://grahammuz.com/2020/01/06/Hornby-to-celebrate-centenary-in-style-with-ambitious-plans-for-their-2020-range-even-if-not-too-much-southern-also-work-in-progress-update/

Different models and their tolling are produced in different factories and therefore an issue with one factory, as in this case, will affect some models but not others. 

Thanks Graham for the information about the MNs. They say patience is a virtue - not sure I qualify!  However, I did wait 8 or was it 9, years for my Kernow Warship, so let’s hope the MNs don’t take that long.

• Like 2

Every time this thread comes up I feel a sceptical glimmer of hope, which is always promptly extinguished... :scratch_one-s_head_mini:

I’d like to state for the record my prediction that 35024 will arrive within a fortnight of the Rails D Class, to wreak maximum wallet damage!

• Funny 3