Hornby Merchant Navy announced (formerly Facebook leak)

miles73128

• RMweb Gold
On 22/04/2021 at 23:58, sagaguy said:

I managed to obtain a used example of Channel Packet minus the drain cocks and the brake rigging was broken but a superb example.I bought it with the intention of 3 railing it to run on my Dublo 3 rail layout using a Marklin skate.I now have a superbly running model,so much so tat i have preorderd the wartime black model from Hornby hobbies.

Ray.

20210417_165054.jpg

Love the attitude, the layout and the mix of stock - this for me is the spirit and fun of ready to run railway modelling :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, sagaguy said:

Anybody got any dispatch information on their MN yet?.

Ray.

My Pre-order with Hornby for R3649 Ellerman Lines is still shown as processing on the website. It's been paid for, so I would think despatch will happen sometime this week.

13 minutes ago, Black 5 Bear said:

My Pre-order with Hornby for R3649 Ellerman Lines is still shown as processing on the website. It's been paid for, so I would think despatch will happen sometime this week.

Likewise,thanks.

Ray.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Black 5 Bear said:

Same for me with with Aberdeen Commonwealth (pre-ordered direct from Hornby to use my "Captain Tom" voucher). 

Belgian Marine, Ellerman Lines and Holland America Line should all be arriving to me via Cornwall - payment was taken nearly two weeks ago for Holland America Line (together with a number of other items), but I get the impression that not everything is quite as imminent as they were advised it was when they decided which pre-ordered items to charge me for...  It'll be interesting to see exactly what's in the Kernow package that's due in a couple of hours...

Edit:

The package contained three SR Bogie Luggage Vans (green, crimson and Pullman), and a Heljan 86, but no MNs...

Edited by 3rd Rail Exile
To add further info...
  • Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
On 30/04/2021 at 10:24, Robin Brasher said:

With all these Merchant Navy Pacific engines coming out it may be an opportune moment to view my collection. My favourite is the air smoothed blue East Asiatic Company with the Pullman coaches.

P1000994.JPG

You have a problem...

Where are you going to put the latest releases? :-)

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, 3rd Rail Exile said:

Same for me with with Aberdeen Commonwealth (pre-ordered direct from Hornby to use my "Captain Tom" voucher). 

Just got a text and email from Hornby advising of a DPD delivery tomorrow - as Aberdeen Commonwealth is the only thing I've got ordered direct from Hornby it must be this...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 3rd Rail Exile said:

Just got a text and email from Hornby advising of a DPD delivery tomorrow - as Aberdeen Commonwealth is the only thing I've got ordered direct from Hornby it must be this...

Same here,looking forward to it!.

Ray.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Fredo said:

Hi, has anyone received a BR Green un-rebuilt Merchant Navy from Hornby yet? Thanks Fred

Of the three currently expected models (35017 Belgian Marine, 35029 Ellerman Lines and 35022 Holland America Line), no not yet, but I'm expecting them all via Cornwall.  Just have to be patient - they've got to get there from Kent first...

(35028 Clan Line and 35023 Holland-Afrika Line (with TTS) were, of course earlier releases in BR Green - I presume your question wasn't referring to these)

• Like 1

On 06/05/2021 at 08:46, Fredo said:

Hi, has anyone received a BR Green un-rebuilt Merchant Navy from Hornby yet? Thanks Fred

Ellerman Lines, R3649 is on its way to me scheduled for lunchtime delivery.

Edited by Black 5 Bear
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, 3rd Rail Exile said:

Of the three currently expected models (35017 Belgian Marine, 35029 Ellerman Lines and 35022 Holland America Line), no not yet, but I'm expecting them all via Cornwall.  Just have to be patient - they've got to get there from Kent first...

(35028 Clan Line and 35023 Holland-Afrika Line (with TTS) were, of course earlier releases in BR Green - I presume your question wasn't referring to these)

An expensive couple of months and especially so with the scheduled June release of the Hornby Dublo versions.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Black 5 Bear said:

An expensive couple of months and especially so with the scheduled June release of the Hornby Dublo versions.

Indeed so!  Add a "Lord Nelson" or two in to that, then take a short break until the Maunsell kitchens and dining carriages... 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Black 5 Bear said:

Has anyone received 21C7 Aberdeen Commonwealth as yet?

Some photos would be great !

82996421_20210506_145517(2).jpg.f363aa78de459b3b5976037736f7964f.jpg

2083893519_20210506_145642(2).jpg.c0f406a584f33c6f76688e3b66f97191.jpg

Couple of very quick (and not very good) phone snaps - very happy with the model.  Slightly confused to find two bags of accessories - one with the usual range of parts (the steps look like those that usually go on the front buffers, and they're already fitted - I was expecting steps for below the buffer beam on the tender), and a second bag with a different design of cylinder drain cocks.  Looks like I've got the ones similar to Clan Line and East Asiatic Company in the main bag and ones similar to Channel Packet in the second bag...446750279_20210506_145946(2).jpg.bac3f8b49c385f9f8e62821fa0c3cf98.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Dare I say the green on your 35029 looks a lot better than other recent Hornby models - fingers crossed :)

I must admit Mike to being a tad worried following the change of factory delays and the shade of Brunswick applied to some of their recent releases.

In my opinion, the AS M/N's are definitely one of their best models to date !

Edited by Black 5 Bear
  • Friendly/supportive 1

These look very enticing indeed -- thanks to those who have posted the photos.

17 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Dare I say the green on your 35029 looks a lot better than other recent Hornby models - fingers crossed :)

It does look better, indeed -- it rather reminds me of the finish on Hornby's 'Camelford' release of the West Country. It's a bit vibrant, especially in the lining, but much better that than insipid and washed-out. An easy thing to tone to taste with weathering.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, 3rd Rail Exile said:

82996421_20210506_145517(2).jpg.f363aa78de459b3b5976037736f7964f.jpg

2083893519_20210506_145642(2).jpg.c0f406a584f33c6f76688e3b66f97191.jpg

Couple of very quick (and not very good) phone snaps - very happy with the model.  Slightly confused to find two bags of accessories - one with the usual range of parts (the steps look like those that usually go on the front buffers, and they're already fitted - I was expecting steps for below the buffer beam on the tender), and a second bag with a different design of cylinder drain cocks.  Looks like I've got the ones similar to Clan Line and East Asiatic Company in the main bag and ones similar to Channel Packet in the second bag...446750279_20210506_145946(2).jpg.bac3f8b49c385f9f8e62821fa0c3cf98.jpg

Lucky you with the front steps fitted and extra drain pipes!   I have never found it easy to fit those steps!

Looks great, thanks for the photos.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1