RMWeb Members Day, Taunton, 2015 - full line-up announced

Captain Kernow

Looks like I shall miss it this year for the first time. Booked job that day, fortunately not to Taunton as that would really be rubbing salt into the wound.

Hi,

I'm afraid to say that the Interlocking Demo probably won't be operational for the members day, I've got the hardware done, but the programming code is doing my head in! My 'software man' that will be able to help me is away until the week before Taunton and we won't be able to get it all done for the members day. I'm really sorry that it won't be available.

I'm still coming with my module, Newgate Lane and my 3D Printing stuff and I can still talk to members about signalling, it's just the demo won't be available, I apologies to any members that were looking forward to it.

Simon

This may be a bit cheeky of me but I am a contributing member of R M Web, having just moved to Seven Ash near Combe Florey just up the same road as the show and taken over a B &B, if anyone needs a room for the night I do have rooms available that weekend,the only thing is you will have to not hang around in the morning as I to want to get to the show before the pasties are gone, sorry I can't give you a phone number yet BT haven't connected me !

Sorry moderators if I have broken any rules with this post!

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

This may be a bit cheeky of me but I am a contributing member of R M Web, having just moved to Seven Ash near Combe Florey just up the same road as the show and taken over a B &B, if anyone needs a room for the night I do have rooms available that weekend,the only thing is you will have to not hang around in the morning as I to want to get to the show before the pasties are gone, sorry I can't give you a phone number yet BT haven't connected me !

Sorry moderators if I have broken any rules with this post!

I think it not unreasonable seeing as you wont have much time to get advert out before the event.

Don

Had a look and you dont seem to have voted .

If you open the poll page you can view who has requested what , seems we have a few greedy

folk who want a pasty and some pie .      :nono:

Thanks Mike.  Very helpful.  I hadn't realised names were attached.  

I have voted - for both.  It will be an early start and a long time between breakfast and lunch.

I have voted - for both.  It will be an early start and a long time between breakfast and lunch.

And a longtime between lunch and afternoon cakes... Cripes, that's at least an hour without sustenance! So ordering both pie and pasty is now starting to seem a wise choice  :imsohappy:

• RMweb Gold

And a longtime between lunch and afternoon cakes... Cripes, that's at least an hour without sustenance! So ordering both pie and pasty is now starting to seem a wise choice  :imsohappy:

Why not just lie on the floor under the food counter and ask kindly passers by to keep dropping bits of pasty and pie into your open mouth?...

• RMweb Gold

Why not just lie on the floor under the food counter and ask kindly passers by to keep dropping bits of pasty and pie into your open mouth?...

He might get the pasty and pie but any cake would be in danger of being misrouted. And just think of the mess pouring the tea in.

Don

• RMweb Gold

Actually, in all seriousness, he'd be a tripping hazard. I think we could lay him in the back alley outside the kitchen door, he'd not get in the way and the kitchen staff could direct a few slops in his general direction from time to time.

Shall we do that, then?

Hello from up here, I am pondering heading out of the Riding and attending the fine Swagonia event (as a former now long defunct SAGist) I hope the the border patrols will let one slip in to raise a foaming beaker of YAGinit to said event. I am getting my knitted bright Red Rhubarb waistcoat delivered soon to alert said border patrols of safe passage..

Hopefully planets will align..

• RMweb Gold

Pasties and IMUs

All this talk of pasties, besides making me feel hungry, gave me an idea. I suggest that we start a tradition that all layouts coming to Taunton should have, somewhere, a scale version of a pastie. Not having much time at the moment I present my first attempt, a hand made pastie in the hand of a Bachmann fitter -

Just incase its not clear, the 'pasties 'is in his right hand and no, its not a fat banana!

And now for the Moduleers I offer you the IMUs - Stationmaster's name for the Inter Module Units that were discussed and agreed at Coventry. I have now produced 10. As long as the height of the top of your Code 100 track above the base is less than 4.12 inches - 105.5 mm, your module should fit. I will be bringing the packing units to bring modules up to the height of the track on the IMUs. If the height of the track on your module is over that we can turn the IMU through 180 deg but you will need to provide a couple of connecting tracks as before. The two tracks are set at 2" apart and the Evostick/foam layer allows about 2.5 mm sideways movement. I have built two IMUs with wider bases to accommodate Arthur's wonderful module. Hopefully it will all work. Only a month to go and I am madly busy trying  to complete the rebuild of my two modules, I doubt if it will look any better than last year but it will be lighter and the connecting track part will certainly work OK. Looking forward to seeing all you moduleers!

Please do PM me if I have confused you!

all the very best

Godfrey

post-138-0-84369600-1427300241_thumb.jpg

post-138-0-88550000-1427301323_thumb.jpg

post-138-0-90344900-1427301339_thumb.jpg

post-138-0-23231200-1427301365_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Well the section of Kelly Bray I am bringing is pasty conformant! The pasties and rhubarb I brought in 2013 is now fixed to the layout. A sort of side line of the Stationmaster's wife (not our module master Mike for clarification!).

Actually that Mrs Stationmaster is very good at both

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Actually that Mrs Stationmaster is very good at both

I would ask for evidence but the mention of pasties and rhubarb togehter is a bit off putting :nono: :nono:  I will just take your word for it

Don

• RMweb Gold

Just incase its not clear, the 'pasties 'is in his right hand and no, its not a fat banana!

And now for the Moduleers I offer you the IMUs - Stationmaster's name for the Inter Module Units that were discussed and agreed at Coventry.

Godfrey - I'm quite happy to take your word about the fat banana pasty (a new vegetarian option, no doubt...)

The IMUs are absolutely stunning, that's brilliant work and thank you very much for helping in this way.

A bit of advice, though, if I may, and that is that whilst the configuration shown in your second photo is extremely artistic and visually pleasing to anyone with an interest in astrology, I'm assuming that they will be differently configured 'on the day'...! :jester:

• RMweb Premium

A bit of advice, though, if I may, and that is that whilst the configuration shown in your second photo is extremely artistic and visually pleasing to anyone with an interest in astrology, I'm assuming that they will be differently configured 'on the day'...! :jester:

We have decided on a small radius circular configuration for this year .      :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

I would ask for evidence but the mention of pasties and rhubarb togehter is a bit off putting :nono: :nono:  I will just take your word for it

Don

Godfrey - I'm quite happy to take your word about the fat banana pasty (a new vegetarian option, no doubt...)

The IMUs are absolutely stunning, that's brilliant work and thank you very much for helping in this way.

Actually they are MLUs (Module Linking Units) but I only devised the acronym, all the rest is down to Godfrey including undertaking the manufacture of them for the other module owners  (who should not overlook the fact that we agreed to reimburse Godfrey).

As far as pasties are concerned I have purposely declined to bring any from the kitchen of Mrs Stationmaster and will in fact only post a photo of them with the good Cap'n's authority.  The reason for this is that they are so far (in a positive way) from those offered from anywhere else I have ever come across that I don't want to show up the opposition or start some sort of pastie riot in the quiet suburbs of Taunton.  In my view they are even better than Ivor's (Ivor Dewdney that is) although Mrs Stationmaster seriously doubts that and maintains that Ivor's are better then hers - that is a nonsense although I think she really believes it and is not just being modest.

• RMweb Gold

Captain Kernow, on 26 Mar 2015 - 11:43, said:

snapback.png

A bit of advice, though, if I may, and that is that whilst the configuration shown in your second photo is extremely artistic and visually pleasing to anyone with an interest in astrology, I'm assuming that they will be differently configured 'on the day'...!  :jester:

Not sure of any astrological connection Captain, I rather see it as the Stationmaster's Round Table for use by us Moduleers. Sorry to get the initials mixed up Mike, you're quite right it is a circle of MLUs. Only found out I really was dyslexic near the end of my working career- up to then I just thought I couldn't spell to save my life! Must get back to the wiring!
All the very best

Godfrey

Edited by Godfrey Glyn
  • Like 1