RMWeb Members Day, Taunton, 2015 - full line-up announced

Captain Kernow

Poll? What poll? I'm from Cornwall where pasties are freely available (on production of wallet and MK voting card). Pre-booking God's free air or pasties is an anathema.  :no:  But I accept that folks do things differently "oop north" in Debbon. Links to the poll please, CK!  :scratchhead:

Edited by Phil Copleston

• RMweb Gold

Poll? What poll? I'm from Cornwall where pasties are freely available (on production of wallet and MK voting card). Pre-booking God's free air or pasties is an anathema.  :no:  But I accept that folks do things differently "oop north" in Debbon. Links to the poll please, CK!  :scratchhead:

Sigh...!

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/95484-rmweb-members-day-taunton-2015-serious-menu-choices/

Non-SWAGgers have to bring the Good Captain a parsnip to gain entry, but other than that and pre-ordering the number of pasties ( other food is, apparently, available) just turn up for one of the best days of modelling related enjoyment you could wish for.

Unless you look like your avatar, it's always good to have a name badge of some sort, too.

To look like my avatar I'd have to not shave for a while and my hair's a bit (just a bit) tidier.

• RMweb Premium

B - B - B - B - But ........

These are the Captain's Specially Commissioned Pasties.  Speaking as a fully-fledged member of the Cornish Pasty Appreciation Society (yes, I have the T-shirt and the girth to prove it ;) ) and knowing that Philps of Hayle make the best to be had west of the Tamar I can vouch for these being a very acceptable English copy and highly desirable sustenance.

If you're a frequent poster we might know who you are anyway.  If you're not but are a registered member then best to don a name-badge with your moniker.  If you wish to invite family / friends then probably best to give CK a tip as to how many and whether or not they will be arriving with you.

• RMweb Gold

Non-SWAGgers have to bring the Good Captain a parsnip to gain entry, but other than that and pre-ordering the number of pasties ( other food is, apparently, available) just turn up for one of the best days of modelling related enjoyment you could wish for.

Unless you look like your avatar, it's always good to have a name badge of some sort, too.

• RMweb Gold

You are forgetting the need for export licences to take them to somerset. :nono:

Don

ps Phil is well enough known on here but perhaps not the the 4mm fraternity, being a follower of minority scales.

Edited by Donw
  • Like 1

ps Phil is well enough known on here but perhaps not the the 4mm fraternity, being a follower of minority scales.

Don,

Thanks. But waddya mean "minority scales"! 1:64th scale is mainstream, ain't it?  :scratchhead: Anyway, I don't care: I'm famous in my own lunchtime...   :derisive:

• RMweb Premium

I'm still undecided to come or not,  

No star gazey pie on the menu, then?

Brian.

Perhaps if there was the decision would be pre-made........  ;)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Don,

Thanks. But waddya mean "minority scales"! 1:64th scale is mainstream, ain't it?  :scratchhead: Anyway, I don't care: I'm famous in my own lunchtime...   :derisive:

For a long time the entire membership would have probably fitted into one coach. However you are a pretty active bunch. I have seen a lot of high class modelling from such a small group.

Don

Can I do that??!! I wasn't actually keeping tabs on peoples names...!

Ummm... then if not CK, how will you know which one to serve to each punter? I demand "my" individual bespoke pre-ordered pasty!

I'm pretty sure Philps Bakery in Hayle keeps tabs by a 'pasty passport' system...  :mosking:

Edited by Phil Copleston
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I can imagine the headlines now;-

BBC news West Update 26th April

A frackas occurred at Staplegrove today when a number of upcountry bumpkins arrived and commenced to consume Pasties which loyal SWAGmen had expected to be available for them selves. A spokesman known as the Captain said ' I can neither confirm or deny whether a frackas occurred and whether the availabilty of Pasties was or wasn't an issue'. Asked whether it had anything to do with the subsequent rise in alarm and panic in Taunton High Street as marauding gangs roamed the town in search of a decent pasty, the Captain responded 'Ins't that normal weekend behaviour'.

Those would have ever had to arrange catering for an event will know the probablems of judging how much to order in. My sympathies are with the good captain. Joining in the poll and giving indications of intent to attend should hopefully assist in the task.

Don

• RMweb Premium

The Pasty Poll  -  Could the good Captain remind me what I voted for because I'm blowed if I can remember!

Had a look and you dont seem to have voted .

If you open the poll page you can view who has requested what , seems we have a few greedy

folk who want a pasty and some pie .      :nono: 

• RMweb Premium

I'm willing to donate my pie to a worthy cause so long as the pasty is guaranteed  :declare:

It's only a guide any rate.  CK doesn't take orders, though with his orange suit on I believe he may give them at times ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

As things stand at this moment

I shall ( I hope, gods willing etc.)  be in attendance at this Somerset extravaganza for the very first time, however on the basis of not counting ones swag chickens I should add the intend, hopefully bit :D

It would be nice to meet you Mickey.

Don