Bachmann Hawksworth Autocoach

David Bigcheeseplant

1 hour ago, David Bigcheeseplant said:

The seats are out of the printer. I need to pop a location pip in the bottom to match holes in the laser cut floor, and possibly print at a finer resolution but generally they look ok.

IMG_4447.jpg

IMG_4448.jpg

IMG_4450.jpg

Nice !!!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Some rendered 3D images of the inside replacement bits for THRUSH the seats will locate in holes in the floor as will the various partitions. I know there was porthole windows in the double doors in to the main saloon but not sure if there was a similar window in to the single door into the smaller saloon.

I need to now get the flat parts to the laser cutter and see if it all goes together. next up WREN and the diagram A43 trailers.

What is really good about Fusion 360 as images can be imported and scaled to know dimensions the background image in this case is from Great Western Autotrailers by John Lewis Wild Swan 

David

inside 1.jpg

inside 2.jpg

inside 3.jpg

inside 4.jpg

inside 7.JPG

Edited by David Bigcheeseplant
  • Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

10 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

These are very good, David.  Would you consider doing them for A28/30 or other interiors?

I could do, although they are a different style of seat, are they for the Airfix Hornby Autocoach?

Below is the seating for the A43 trailer, I need to laser cut the flat bits and print for seats then go for a test build.

David

A43 1.JPG

A43 2.jpg

A43 3.jpg

A43 4.jpg

A43 5.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 25/10/2019 at 18:31, David Bigcheeseplant said:

I finally got round to test building the inside seating and partitions for Thrush it fits nicely within the Backmann body too, I didn't think it would be too visible but it does show well through the windows, I need to laser cut some curtains, and then do a test build on Wren and the A43 diagram trailer.

David

IMG_5073.jpg

IMG_5074.jpg

IMG_5076.jpg

IMG_5077.jpg

To complement the development of the replacement interior for Thrush, I have designed a new sheet of transfers to cover the BR liveries of the Airfix / Hornby, Bachmann and Comet Coaches ex-GWR autocoaches.

4BL0179.JPG.fcbc1e3fb91537d0e4e7f864dde5a155.JPG

Being uncertain as to which vehicles had large and / or small numbering, (and not having access to Volume 2 of Lewis), I have provided both ! I have also included the other markings that these vehicles carried under BR.

The 2mm., 3mm., 3.5mm. &  4mm. scale price is £8.00; S scale is £16.00; 7mm. scale is £24.00; and the Gauge 1 price is £30.00; all prices include UK P&P.

Ordering details can be found at https://www.cctrans.org.uk/products.htm , or write with a cheque, payable to C. J. Isherwood, to Cambridge Custom Transfers, 6 Roseland Gardens, Bodmin, PL31 2EY.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I have used John's auto trailer transfers and found them excellent; a bit of cut'n'shutting provides numbers for just about any BR liveried trailer.  No connection, satisfied customer.  They need to be applied to a gloss surface so if you want to 'flatten' your finish it's best to use matt varnish to seal the transfers.

9 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

I have used John's auto trailer transfers and found them excellent; a bit of cut'n'shutting provides numbers for just about any BR liveried trailer.  No connection, satisfied customer.  They need to be applied to a gloss surface so if you want to 'flatten' your finish it's best to use matt varnish to seal the transfers.

Within the diagrams quoted for the new sheet, NO cutting-and-shutting is required - EVERY number within each diagram is provided, in both early (large) and later (small) formats.

I would recommend sealing the transfers with the same water-based GLOSS varnish used as an undercoat; then, and only then, dull or matt the surface with your chosen finish varnish.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Edited by cctransuk
  • Informative/Useful 1

24 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

For youngsters and those that don't watch old TV programmes THRUSH was the enemy of UNCLE in the TV series The Man From UNCLE....

I'd completely forgotten about that. In my jaded mind, the association with thrush was entirely less salubrious: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/thrush-in-men-and-women/

Proposed names in part 2 of John Lewis Autotrailers lists

Blackbird

Bullfinch

Chaffinch

Goldfinich

Jackdaw

Kingfisher

Lapwing

Skylark

Starling

Thrush 

Wren

Interesting that there are 9 new names and 10 trailers of the A43 diagram! So it would seem that only the 1954 A43 batch where to be named and not the A38

below a couple of photos of THRUSH at Aylesbury.

Aylesbury107.jpg

301815.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, atom3624 said:

According to one well known source, it's: Technological Hierarchy for the Removal of Undesirables and the Subjugation of Humanity

Al.

I know; I Wikied it last night.  Organisation apparently traces it's roots back to Holmes and Moriarty's encounter at that waterfall.

My old Dad, who was a clever so and so in some ways, told me after the Cuban missile crisis, when I was 10, that the Russians were not my enemy; they were a friend that had a loaded gun pointing at my head.  The Americans were not my enemy either. they were a friend that had a hand firmly clenched around my b*ll*cks,  This was a pretty fair summation of the UK's position in the 1960s, and I liked the concept underlying 'Man From Uncle'.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi, I might have missed it earlier in the thread but are you planning to make your interiors available for purchase, please? I used to travel on Wren and Thrush when they were allocated to the Ealing Greenford service. Your interiors look excellent.

Bazza

6 hours ago, Bazza said:

Hi, I might have missed it earlier in the thread but are you planning to make your interiors available for purchase, please? I used to travel on Wren and Thrush when they were allocated to the Ealing Greenford service. Your interiors look excellent.

Bazza

Yes I plan to release these as kits, I have written the instructions and diagrams for THRUSH and need to do the same for WREN & the A43 trailers, I also need to work out the prices post etc. 

There are a number of people who have expressed an interest in these kits. Also I plan to do an etch for the missing underframe details for those who want to upgrade both the Bachmann models and the earlier Hornby types. I guess I will also need to do the auto bits that fit under the bufferbeams of auto fitted locos too.

David

• Like 7