Bachmann Branchline announcements for 2015/6

Andy Y

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Given the backlog , and the fact that Hornby and now Heljan seem to be making announcements during the year, I wonder if Bachmann shouldn't use this opportunity to abandon the annual announcement and announce things as they are fairly close to fruition. I appreciate it was a commission, but they did this with the Underground stock. Work on the things you've promised over the last 3 or 4 years and maybe surprise us with a new announcement every now and then. I think that would work better. An announcement in March of things that are several years away without any indication of real availability dates or even prices just lacks credibility in my view.

Of course if they continue with their pricing policy it could all be irrelevant anyway, at least to me

Given the backlog , and the fact that Hornby and now Heljan seem to be making announcements during the year, I wonder if Bachmann shouldn't use this opportunity to abandon the annual announcement and announce things as they are fairly close to fruition. I appreciate it was a commission, but they did this with the Underground stock. Work on the things you've promised over the last 3 or 4 years and maybe surprise us with a new announcement every now and then. I think that would work better. An announcement in March of things that are several years away without any indication of real availability dates or even prices just lacks credibility in my view.

Of course if they continue with their pricing policy it could all be irrelevant anyway, at least to me

However the plus side is the earlier a product is announced, the less duplication we will get!

• RMweb Gold

Always supposing that Bachmann could, or would be permitted to, copy Hornby's current practice, even if they wanted.

Hornby are able to exploit the present situation in China where many factories, operating well below capacity, are keen to attract business. Once they have the design work done, they can get models tooled and made a lot quicker than used to be the case.

Bachmann are just part of the group that owns the factory where their models are made, so cannot shop around like that. They have demonstrated with the LU stock that they can pull the odd rabbit out of the hat but I think they would struggle to do it as frequently as Hornby.

It might also be of limited relevance to me, not because of their pricing, but because they only make a smattering of items that interest me. 

John

Whatever time lunch is announced, it will probably actually be served several years later (if at all….)

Returning to darkened room...

It's not time as we know it: 'Who chafes, who frets, or where conspirers are. Macbeth shall never vanquished be until. Great Birnam Wood to high Dunsinane Hill. Shall come against him'. More tea vicar and where did I put those drawings.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just noticed that the Mk 1 FO coaches in 3 liveries are showing as 'in stock' at both Hattons and Kernow. This is the FO version with only 4 coaches built as it uses the same bodystyle as the RFO, with no centre door, still it is an FO for the Midland Region.

I think Bachmann recognise there's a gap in the market for a Mk1 FO hence this intermin low number derivative. The FO with far more vehicles is in the farish range hopefully it will appear ( like the much requested BSO) indue course......

Is it for certain that the Bachmann OO Mk1 FO will not have the centre doors?

All the pictures I can find so far are still derived from the older model with the roof ribs I think. 

The ones showing on the Kernow Models site have the running numbers M3000, M3001 and M3002, which are from the non centre door version (only 3003 not produced). The pictures show no roof ribs, but unfortunately no centre doors. Bachmann must have decided to maximise the RFO tooling for this similar but limited type. I will have to retain my Replica Railways FOs, which have the later pattern doors.

• RMweb Gold

The ones showing on the Kernow Models site have the running numbers M3000, M3001 and M3002, which are from the non centre door version (only 3003 not produced). The pictures show no roof ribs, but unfortunately no centre doors. Bachmann must have decided to maximise the RFO tooling for this similar but limited type. I will have to retain my Replica Railways FOs, which have the later pattern doors.

The Bacchy one is diagram 71 - its the Diagram 73 with three doors per side

Seems bizarre to have modelled this one when the drawings must be to hand for the Farish diagram 73!

These some excellent gen on this thread http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/28050-br-mk1-first-open-coach-info/

I'm with Rembrow - just been fitting close coupling mechanisms to a Replica diagram 73...only one of these new jobbies for us

Phil

• RMweb Premium

It may be that by doing diag 71, Bachmann are thinking of scaling down to N and scaling up diag 73 to OO at a later date. At least that way there's two different models that the research has been done for, not just the one.

• RMweb Premium

Five Bachmann Class 66s are due this year in May/June. One Freightliner, one DRS, three GBRF so far.

Freightliner Powerhaul 66416.

DRS Revised/New 66434.

GBRF 66718.

GBRF 66720.

GBRF 66721.

The last GBRF three are all Limited Editions. 718 and 721 from the London Transport Museum and 720 from elsewhere (can't remember where).

Original liveried EWS 66s that are currently available are 66050 and 66111. Both are Limited Editions and can be bought from a few places online.

Archived