Bachmann Branchline announcements for 2015/6

Andy Y

Call me cynical if you like but the V2 had a new chassis 3 years ago, so presumably they sold some(?) Now the body gets a makeover, sell some more!

Same for the other new chassis locos in a couple of years???

How many goes have they had at various diesel classes over the years, presumably making decent sales with each (incorrect) version of the various locos??? 

• RMweb Premium

Very disappointing, particularly for the Southern modellers. No revised Bullied coaches is the biggest miss - N guage modellers have had them for months now. And what has happened to a DCC ready Ivatt 2-6-2T, promised ages ago?

30-425 train pack seems interesting..any details??

liking the 94xx and J72's and the V2 very much indeed. The Colas class 70/8 will be very popular for them if the spotters images on the net

are anything to go by.

Seems modest but achievable by recent standards....

• RMweb Premium

"Some difficult decisions were taken"

Such as releasing another glut of green 4Ceps but canning the S15.  

The 450 was a logical follow-on to the 350 as the bodies and some underframe gear are pretty much the same.  Still a shame the rather more numerous 375 / 377 doesn't get a look in.

Personally I was hoping a blue 4Cep might appear but maybe they're still under contract as a commission.

As for the 4Cor mentioned above I really wouldn't hold my breath despite the fact that two would be very welcome here.  I'd be very surprised if the type were considered commercial enough for a mainstream release.  It would take a kickstarter-type project and probably with the SEG / Southern Electric Heritage as owners of 3142 onside and receiving a cut of the profits as well.

Can I be the first to say nothing for me?

Although I am glad to see a increase in the scenic side of the product range. The rest is more of a case of consolidation of what is already been announced and is in the pipeline so to speak.

• RMweb Premium

Three Narrow Gauge buildings - this could be interesting to see if they are freelance or based on a prototype such as Tywyn - which might mean the American Skarloey will eventually make his way across the Atlantic. The goods vehicles seen on the USA site have been confirmed as Peco products - another interesting part of the development of OO9 modelling.

As an outside bet, I was hoping for an announcement on some sooperdooper Mk3a's to compliment the 47/7 and the forthcoming Mk2f's/DBSO............ never mind, back to butchering Jouef Mk3's then.....

It would also have been nice, as Network SouthEast is catered for, to see a MK2 in ScotRail blue stripe - back to the resprays......

Happy for those that have seen their chosen models come to fruition though.

cheers

Andy

• RMweb Gold

Can I be the first to say nothing for me?

Although I am glad to see a increase in the scenic side of the product range. The rest is more of a case of consolidation of what is already been announced and is in the pipeline so to speak.

Unfortunately, the items I want don't appear to have moved any further along the pipeline.

Looks like the Steam-era North (Bachmann) - South (Hornby) divide is as entrenched as ever.

I quite fancy the crane but, unless the early BR one is based on the Southern version, I'll have to re-finish the latter to suit.

Otherwise, I concur with your view. Probably just as well given what I expect to be spending elsewhere over the next year or two!

John

Edited after realising that there is a SR version in the list!

Another underwhelming catalogue from Bachmann, same as last year really. Whereas Hornby appear to be getting ontop of their schedules, all my Hornby 2014 items arrived in 2014, Bachmann seem to be operating on a 3-4yr catalogue at the moment. 

Archived