Bachmann Branchline announcements for 2015/6

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Very interesting and yet again I managed to get one right (sort of) but in the wrong year.

Quite a conservative list in some respects but very understandably so in the broader context of the way things have been at Kader with a major, and troublesome, relocation to get through the system.  And it is interesting that they have got going with the 94XX a comparatively short lived engine but one which saw quite widespread use on both freight & passenger train work apart from its better known appearances at Paddington (perhaps a replacement for the 'lost' J50 in terms of developing a new body while the J72 is basically a chassis job?).

So overall I'm fairly happy although much of it is not for me.  But that doesn't matter so much as the fact that they are still aiming to 'make known' their presence in the market place while hopefully new product development can become more speedy to help keep the cash flowing in.

In the Mk1 coach range, is the Brake 1st new ??

The brake 1st as far as I can tell is a Mk2 and isn't new.

I like the 9400. Intersting to note no new wagons. Are they getting too expensive to produce?

Surprisingly no maroon Portholes.

The Mk1 FO on the Bachmann website is the same diagram as the RFO - minus the RESTAURANT CAR branding i.e. a Dia 36. A handful of coaches were built to this diagram without branding; it's shame if it's this not the far more numerous dia 73. Already existing in the Farish range 

• RMweb Gold

Delighted to see that they are going to offer the SWT 450 at last, I just hope that I don't have to wait three years before I can hand over my cash for the four car units. Otherwise I will just have to get on and do some practicing with the airgun to repaint a 350. BTW I see a re-run of these have been appearing despite rumours that they were not selling well.  Looking forward to the crane as well but I guess that will be some years off.

A good range, but nothing as such has taken my fancy. Strangely this year I have spent more time looking at the prices!  :jester: With the soon to be released Autos at £68.95! :O  Plus any news on the NCB Yellow 04 and BR version? They are missing from the list? Though they where going to be upgraded like the Ivatt a few catalogs back? Have they been dropped? :scratchhead:

I don't want to sound like the Brocken record but an interesting mix. Overwhelming in the Scenecraft range with the very nice Quayside walls - I predict a rise in Quayside layouts. But a little underwhelmed in the Modern side of the range. I'm pleased with the 450 which seemed like a logical choice after the 350 & CEP, but a little disappointed with the lack of new liveries - Virgin on the Class 47 & Mk2s, DRS on the 66 - Producing ex Malcolm / Ex Fastline 434 is an odd one given it's so far one off status. Nor a more modern WCRC Mk1s and Silverlink on the Class 150 - It has been produced before as a ltd edition for the Bachmann Collectors Club, but as all went to FGW I'd rather not have to change an expensive collectable model. However, the 70/8 will be making it's way towards me - Now can we have some former Rover KSA Timber Wagons please?

31-884

Midland Class 4F No. 44044 in BR Black with late crest (weathered)

What is it with Bachmann and numbers? I'm interested in a 4F late Crest (not preserved), but not one with this number.

Other examples in recent years:

Pannier no 5757

Pannier no 5775

Prairie no 5555

Kind regards,

Werner

Any ideas where and how to fit 36-069 class 40 snow ploughs??????

I saw those too ... do they mean the Beilhack ones fitted to the Class 40 bogies??? I've never seen any other snowploughs fitted to (intact) Class 40s

Sad not to see more modern image DMU's, especially class 175, class 180 or some EMU's... and NO 158 in (new) Arriva colors... :scared: (or at least a class 150 in the new paint scheme). Just hoping that the "regular" Regional Railways 158 and the blue 24/1 will come out as soon as possible.

Now I'm waiting for my last order, getting a german BR 221 (V200.1) and a nice express coach in blue/beige from Roco! A nice substitute for my broken dreams, hehehe...

Well, certainly a surprise with no "show stopper" (or Merchant Navy  -  so just why were Hornby so churlish ?)

They weren't being churlish..... They just stole some thunder :D It was some members who just assumed Hornby announced their MN just to stop Bachmann. And some other members who blindly followed what the others preached.

Forgot. The crane has already been done by Wild Boar Models and very nice it is too. Oh and it's available now not in a couple of years time.

What? A RTR manufacturer has duplicated something that's already available as a kit? Say it ain't so?

• RMweb Gold

Oooh, a 94xx, no less....

Radyr, Radyr, Radyr.....

What shall I do with my Wills kit, I wonder?

Even if you are as slow as me in building locos, you should have plenty of time to finish it before the r-t-r version emerges from the mists of time.........

Having read the "progress report" I've decided to get on with a kit-built chassis for my existing Ivatt tank !

John

Nice to see green diesels with full yellow ends, thanks Bachmann. And while neither is my era or location, the 94xx Pannier and Class 450 EMU look good.

Thanks also to Andy for posting the news.

Archived