Who wants a newly tooled Class 91?

DaveClass47

The Class 91 poll  

255 members have voted

1. 1. Are you content with the level of detail on the current tooled Hornby Class 91 locomotive and MK4 DVT?

2. 2. What features would you like to see on a retooled Class 91 and MK4 DVT 00 gauge locomotive?

• Full DCC motor to modern standards (in the Class 91 Locomotive)
    • Super detail body shell with etched grilles, flush glazing etc
    • Retooled Bogies
    • Working Head and Tail lights
    • Working Pantograph
    • Detailed interiors
    • NEM Close couplers
    • Sprung opening cab doors
    • Sprung buffers
    • Options within the tooling for sound fitting
  3. 3. Would you be interested in adding a Class 91 to your layout?

• Yes, the current model is fine for me
    • Yes, but only if its re-tooled as the current model is out dated.
    • No, I am not interested in this model.
  4. 4. What liveries would you like to see a newly re tooled Hornby Class 91, Mk4 rolling stock and MK4 DVT released in?

• Original Intercity Swallow Livery
    • GNER
    • National Express East Coast
    • East Coast Trains (currently released by Hornby - 2015 Catalog)
    • New Virgin East Coast
    • None
  5. 5. What other Electric locomotives do you have on your layout?

• Hornby Class 91 (current tooling)
    • Hornby Class 90
    • Bachmann Class 85
    • Heljan Class 86
    • Hornby (Ex lima) Class 87
    • The New Bachmann Class 90 (tick if you have a pre order for this item or intend to purchase - due for release in 2015))
    • none

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Sam93 said:

I would love to see the full set of the lner class 91101 flying Scotsmen service with full detail and lner mk4 coaches to with sliding doors and full sound 

Suggest you post this on the Cavalex Class 91 thread, since they’ve already working on a new Class 91 and Mk 4s.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Sam93 said:

I would love to see the full set of the lner class 91101 flying Scotsmen service with full detail and lner mk4 coaches to with sliding doors and full sound 

I'd love to know who else is actually going to pay for a feature such as sliding doors...? What will it be like then? £50-70 per coach?

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, MGR Hooper! said:

I'd love to know who else is actually going to pay for a feature such as sliding doors...? What will it be like then? £50-70 per coach?

Like Bachmanns Mk2F’s you mean. Hornbys teaks already crossed the £50 mark. And that’s a coach with no internal lighting or anything. I honestly don’t think it will be much longer till we have coaches approaching the £100 point! 

• Agree 2

On 05/03/2019 at 07:36, Legend said:

Tricky one. Given the inactivity at Hornby on this model over the last 5 years I think it would appear predatory if it made an announcement now.

...well that hasn't stopped Hornby before.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 05/03/2019 at 07:36, Legend said:

Tricky one. Given the inactivity at Hornby on this model over the last 5 years I think it would appear predatory if it made an announcement now. Extremely unlikely I think .  More likely you’ll get the rehashed old one appearing in Railroad range . 

Has Hornby got prior form, for creating new toolings of modern image that is already announced to be exiting service ?

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

Like Bachmanns Mk2F’s you mean. Hornbys teaks already crossed the £50 mark. And that’s a coach with no internal lighting or anything. I honestly don’t think it will be much longer till we have coaches approaching the £100 point! 

You missed it...

Rapidos £125 dynamometer car.. 

mixed reviews on the teak finish, and its accuracy,  interior lights.

nothing special with regards revolutionary features, just another basic plastic injection moulded coach.

Edited by adb968008

5 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

Well at the rate the prices have risen in the last decade. I think I will be back at the Job Centre looking for a newer job with a better pay packet to buy them then ;).

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, adb968008 said:

You missed it...

Rapidos £125 dynamometer car.. 

mixed reviews on the teak finish, and its accuracy,  interior lights.

nothing special with regards revolutionary features, just another basic plastic injection moulded coach.

Yes but that was a one off specially designed and commissioned coach. Bit of a difference to a standard design like the Mk2F

On 24/07/2019 at 18:05, MGR Hooper! said:

‘I think you should have specified that it would be an additional £50~70 per coach....!  Definitely not interested in sliding doors.... just give me a good quality, detailed, accurate tooling with a good paint job and i’ll Be happy....

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Andy Mac said:

‘I think you should have specified that it would be an additional £50~70 per coach....!  Definitely not interested in sliding doors.... just give me a good quality, detailed, accurate tooling with a good paint job and i’ll Be happy....

I'd never want operating doors either. The only times you see them open is at stations and/or inside the depots. Inside a depot it can barely be seen, at a station with people, luggage, canopies etc, it's barely seen also. Sliding doors depending on their design can either be harder or easier than slam doors to replicate as a functioning feature.

I'd rather pay around £30 for a coach for it to look accurate than have such features. Having it on small DMUs etc is okay. But when it's longer trains, I don't think it's sensible.

13 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

I'd never want operating doors either. The only times you see them open is at stations and/or inside the depots. Inside a depot it can barely be seen, at a station with people, luggage, canopies etc, it's barely seen also. Sliding doors depending on their design can either be harder or easier than slam doors to replicate as a functioning feature.

I'd rather pay around £30 for a coach for it to look accurate than have such features. Having it on small DMUs etc is okay. But when it's longer trains, I don't think it's sensible.

To be honest opening doors is nice from a function point of view but for me. Its just another gimmick like having opening cab doors on some models. Will I even use them? Nope but just like you, I would rather pay around £30 or even £35 for a carriage with decent detail rather than extras like lights etc which I could always retrofit myself if I needed them so badly :).

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...