Nameplates for Irish locomotives

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Gold

Hi

Can anyone point me in the right direction to obtain suitable nameplates for the Murphy Models NIR 201 class locomotives River Foyle and River Lagan.  They are supplied without nameplates and there is nothing in the instruction about such things.

Thanks

Colin

I didn't think the NIR 201s carried their nameplates while in blue livery. I certainly have not seen any pictures or video clips of them with nameplates fitted. I would like to be proved wrong on this, as I feel the Murphy 201s look bare without them.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks David.

I got the River Lagan yesterday and it does look bare without nameplates.

I'm going to apply Rule No 1 and put the name plates on it anyway. After all I used to work for NIR and if I was still there they would still be blue and have their nameplates.

A plain, but classy livery. I got both 208 and 209 as soon as they were available. A little disappointed with the errors and omissions, but altogether far better than the Lima ones. At least the colour is right. I am still plucking up the courage to move the numbers, and then to apply the black to the lower regions. I recently bit the bullet with a brand new MM 111 Class 8113, did a partial respray to reduce the large yellow panel, and renumbered it as 111. Very pleased with it. 

111 ex 8113 with an MIR whitemetal kit 113 only recently completed after almost 25 years in the making. Noticed after varnishing that the numbers are not in the correct place for that livery. Blue Lima 201s in the background, now disposed of.

post-13499-0-77790000-1425465723_thumb.jpg

I don't have any more info than you guys on the nameplates, buyt if you're thinking of getting a set made (whether as prototype or not) Guilplates do etched ones and will do commissions, at a cost, in reasonable time. I have found him/them very got at keeping their delivery dates.

Archived