The latest UK newsletter

rapidotrains

Hi all,

I am working furiously on the latest Rapido UK newsletter (number TWO!), and it will be sent out to subscribers in the next day or so.

It is fabulously expensive to subscribe to our newsletters.  To do so, please click here:

http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v=001Wa58ZNPFtyXPDswqX_KtXQ==

That way you can get the news before all the lazy people who haven't bothered subscribing.

Thanks and regards,

Jason

• RMweb Gold

Easy.

Can't work out why you need my bank and credit card details and passwords though, but hey ho, it's a free service!

Also I live in England, doesn't seem to be on the list.

Mike.

Also my Norton protection has just flagged up an Astromenda warning for my transaction.

Easy.

Can't work out why you need my bank and credit card details and passwords though, but hey ho, it's a free service!

Also I live in England, doesn't seem to be on the list.

We also need your National Insurance Number, your mother's maiden name, and the passwords to all of your banking web sites to "improve security."

Thanks for that, and for the very recent contribution of all of your retirement savings to our North American TurboTrain new build project.

-Jason

As one of your 3 current subscribers, I got your letter today many thanks.
Only I am in France, so 2 in the UK (maybe), and 1 in France.

Hmmm so one prototype scanned ready to go that has operated all over the place and done in chunky plastic before, another to be scanned at the NRM soon (before we get to 2020)....

Got the news letter :no:, Jason while you may have a good rant in you with the difference between UK and Canadian Rail investment you are forgetting one factor:

US BRITS LIKE TO MOAN ABOUT ALMOST ANYTHING!! If we aren't moaning with are very ill or manically depressed! :jester:

As for hints for the OO model I am stumped but then again I am more interested in what N gauge surprises appear!

The curious thing is, the letter says this has been done in chunky plastic in RTR before so this time they have competition on the same product BUT at the same time it ran "everywhere".

Apart from wagons, Mk1s and certain main diesel classes which have all been redone to modern RTR standards by now, I cannot think of anything done previously which actually ran everywhere. I can think of items which ran on all régions, albeit to certain areas of those régions (Mk2s for example) but not everywhere.

Most DMU and EMU classes are very area specific. You might find some classes on multiple régions but they would have been very area specific (there were no DMUs running in the South east for example although there were DEMUs).

If we could have a clearly meaning of "everywhere"..........

One suspects everywhere means  ER LMR SR ScR WR and if it ran on one bit of it  then that is box ticked. To a canadian they are all only a stones throw across!!

It's got to have pipes to detail remember, so Mk3's are out,  Mk2's might do it.  DMU's ?  Well the Hastings units got everywhere on specials  but AFAIK have not been done RTR.

Some other DMU types got around at the end when anything that would run got thrown in.

A bubble car?   and then there's a wild card of Royal train vehicles? 

One suspects everywhere means  ER LMR SR ScR WR and if it ran on one bit of it  then that is box ticked. To a canadian they are all only a stones throw across!!

It's got to have pipes to detail remember, so Mk3's are out,  Mk2's might do it.  DMU's ?  Well the Hastings units got everywhere on specials  but AFAIK have not been done RTR.

Some other DMU types got around at the end when anything that would run got thrown in.

Jason crawling around under the Royal Train stock........I can't quite see that being approved and we can't afford to have him thrown in the Tower! 

A Class 142 to replace the Hornby model,  would probably be 'too close' to associated Reatrack's Class 143 and 144.....

But if so..

Would Rapido reproduce the running characteristic of the real thing? or make a model that ran smoothly?

Springing the body freely over the axles might give the right effect .. they could then move on to Sweden and reproduce the wallowing of the 'Date Box' Diesel Y6 Railcars from their past.

But continuing the High Speed theme, and the CANADIAN INTEREST .... how about a new Eurostar Set, complete with all the other carriages .... and now entering Canadian ownership.

But if they knew months ago to plan and scan the model, that would suggest dangerous inside trading .... the new Canadian Boss of the BoE is getting themselves investigated already!

Any more conspiracy theories to add into the pot??

To a Canadian the entire UK is within commuting distance...

-Jason

Chunky plastic RTR model done before, a photo showing quite a long unit, ran from all the way down south to the north (but all the way east to west)..... Lots of nice under frame details....

Hmmm, this is drifting towards a class 117 DMU me feels (though a 142 had a brief spell in Cornwall).

Rob,

I think you may be right it does look like Chester,

Ok I am thinking all over the country is that the UK as a whole or Maybe Wales as well the 175s can be seen all over Wales!

I thought 175 or 185 looking at the profile (but without knowing the station but suspecting LNWR) but neither have been done before

I think the biggest challenge for the APT-E model is not an S curve with 2 second radias curves, but it will be going through two pairs of set track points switching from one line to another.

Theoretically set track points are second radius, in practice they are a bit tighter than that. Has the APT been tested on those?

Archived