The latest UK newsletter

rapidotrains

It doesn't get any better when "America" covered it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbPiUFBONSo

You are welcome to blame me for sharing these atrocities, but may I remind you that I didn't put a muskrat with a pierced heart on an APT.

I might have to exile myself to Uxarieus, which is, at least, slightly easier to spell than Raxacoricofallapatorius and is not occupied by Raxacoricofallapatorians like the Slitheen.

I might have to exile myself to Uxarieus, which is, at least, slightly easier to spell than Raxacoricofallapatorius and is not occupied by Raxacoricofallapatorians like the Slitheen.

My old car phone Sync system had real trouble understanding all permutations of my wife's name, including "my wife" and "home" and "my house." So for my home number, I named the contact "Raxacoricofallapatorius" and it never had trouble understanding me again.

When I got my new car in 2012 it could no longer understand Raxacoricofallapatorius, but it did understand my request to call home... only when shouted in the accent of a Mancunian drag queen. Then it packed it in altogether. I think it got fried by one too many "Oooh! Don't mind me dearies."  

I really hate Ford's Sync system.

-Jason

Hmmm. Talking of voice recognition software and the missis, I remember I had a phone with such a system on, and it didn't work right, so for our lass it had her stored under ermintrude. Took some explaining when she found out though.

I have a colleague of French extraction who lives in the US. He speaks English well, but inevitably with many garbled Franglish pronunciations.

The little German lady that lives inside his BMW audio/navigation system cannot understand a word he says, which is entertaining for his passengers if nothing else.

My old car phone Sync system had real trouble understanding all permutations of my wife's name, including "my wife" and "home" and "my house." So for my home number, I named the contact "Raxacoricofallapatorius" and it never had trouble understanding me again.

When I got my new car in 2012 it could no longer understand Raxacoricofallapatorius, but it did understand my request to call home... only when shouted in the accent of a Mancunian drag queen. Then it packed it in altogether. I think it got fried by one too many "Oooh! Don't mind me dearies."

I really hate Ford's Sync system.

-Jason

You should tried "rosebud" first.

I like these modern telephone systems were you have to speak the pass number. I say 4 9 6 7 3... And it says "you said 5 7 2 1 8...."

Archived