Forum Manners

Just a quick comment.  Being well over age 70, I perhaps have an antique view of manners. Recently posted info on easily adding Kadee couplers to the 2721 GWR Pannier.  About 150 views but not one single reply: "hey, thanks," "stupid idea," "why not try 3-link chain;" etc.  Seems when someone make an effort, even a small somewhat common comment, we owe one another a response whether we find the idea good, poor or wish to add more info.  So, just and old guy reminding members that their sainted grandmother is watching to see if they remember her good advice about manners.

George

You've not replied to any of my questions George! :P

Anyway I've dropped by your post and logged a Useful/Informative vote (because it is to someone) even though you'd very rarely find me in the GW area of the site.

Sorry George.

Can't offer any advice on fitting Kadees to kettles, dirty diesels all the way here.....

Personally, I've found that a precise question will generally prompt some responses,

So, be patient is my advice.

Paul.

I am one of the 150 who read the post but made no comment and I am sorry if that came across as bad manners, it certainly wasn't intended to be and I can relate to the frustration of posting something that gets no responce at all.

If I might offer an alternative thought on this from the perspective of being an admin on a completely different forum, had we all posted a reply but had nothing really to say the forum would have been clogged up with chaff that contributes little but takes up valuable bandwidth which is undesirable.

Keep posting!

I am afraid I am one of the "rest" who hasn't yet got around to reading your post.

Despite being on RMWeb nearly all of today I'm afraid it just didn't pop up on the "New Posts" page when I looked.

I'm not much interested in Kadees as an autocoupler but if I had read it I may have posed something like your requested comment - but try not to be rude. As not being quite as old as yourself (65) I am of a similar generation and often take the opportunity to post replies even if they are not wanted/expected/appropriate/relevant to the OP.

Of course posting a link to the particular topic may have enabled me to find it quickly and go to it too have a read. But I expect as it has not been posted to it will have dropped way down the list of "New Posts" so is not obvious.

I am off to work now so ...

PS shouldn't this be in Wheeltappers?

Archived