Minerva Model Railways - a new O Gauge manufacturer is launched and announces Peckett E Class

Andy Y

Off-hand what are the "vital-statistics" of the chassis? I can see potential in putting an alternate body onto one of these. With the Hudwell Clarke from Ixion, someone bought up a number of them and parted them out for spares. That reminds me, I do have a spare H-C mechanism that I was going to put a Manning-Wardle L class body onto!

Off-hand what are the "vital-statistics" of the chassis? I can see potential in putting an alternate body onto one of these. With the Hudwell Clarke from Ixion, someone bought up a number of them and parted them out for spares. That reminds me, I do have a spare H-C mechanism that I was going to put a Manning-Wardle L class body onto!

Martin,

Here is the Peckett general arrangement drawing showing the model's principal dimensions in millimetres. This the first stage of design in which aim to get the correct scale dimensions before proceeding to the detailed 3D CAD drawings that are ultimately used for making the tools and moulds.

Regards,

Chris

post-13142-0-36194200-1437332583_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Work on the Minerva Model Railways Peckett 0-4-0ST locomotive continues to progress satisfactorily. Attached is the artwork for the three liveries. Please note that these are not accurate reproductions of the colour shades that will be used. For guidance,  the plain green version will be the same shade of GWR green as the Ixion Fowler 0-4-0 diesel loco, the lined green version will be the same shade of green and colour of lining as the original lined green Ixion Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0 ST locomotive and the black version will be black. We hope to have decorated samples of all liveries on the Minerva stand (24) at Guildex, Telford on 5th/6th September.

As a reminder, the special introductory offer price of £235 including P&P will expire at the end of Guildex. Thereafter, the price rises to its normal level of £255.

We hope to see you there.

Regards,

Chris

post-13142-0-71085700-1439901314_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-28850400-1439901316_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-93055300-1439901317_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

We hope to have decorated samples of all liveries on the Minerva stand (24) at Guildex, Telford on 5th/6th September.

We hope to see you there.

Regards,

Chris

You will, with chequebook in hand.

Looking good, now I've just got to decide on livery.

- and no I can't afford all 3.

Peter

Lovely. Still might beet the Terrier into production! Only trouble is I may wish to change my mind on livery now...... Lined green looks very pretty. Getting excited now.  :locomotive: Who knows this might get me to start the railway...... 

• 2 weeks later...

The plain black and plain green decorated samples of the Peckett have landed in the UK and will be on show at Guildex Telford on Saturday 5th and 6th September. Sadly, the lined industrial green version will not be ready for another couple of weeks owing to technical difficulties.

• Like 1

The plain black and plain green decorated samples of the Peckett have landed in the UK and will be on show at Guildex Telford on Saturday 5th and 6th September. Sadly, the lined industrial green version will not be ready for another couple of weeks owing to technical difficulties.

Looking forward to seeing these at Telford. Shame about the lined green one as that's the one I have on order. Please could you post some photos of it here when it lands?

Thanks,

Andrew

Looking forward to taking a peek on Saturday.

Started to colour code the suppliers to visit, then the layouts of particular interest then decided it should be a must see first listing followed by a next to see colour list.................................. basically I now can't see anything for all the colouring in. 

I suspect after Telford Paul M is going to be seriously questioning his sanity, given the interest in the sound ones... I wonder if they'll overtake the Fowler in terms of % of overall build that are sound fitted.

I'm debating if I should go for a lined green one instead of plain black. Think I'll stick with black and repaint.

• RMweb Gold

I suspect after Telford Paul M is going to be seriously questioning his sanity, given the interest in the sound ones..

That's been in question for years!

Currently 62 booked in for sound fitting with orders still landing as I pack for Guildex so.........

A FINAL REMINDER

The early bird offer of £390 remains in place until 4pm on Sunday

post-2660-0-62844500-1441361023.jpg

http://www.ngtrains.com/Pages/Minerva/M1.html

BTW Matt, have you seen the most recent video on the EDM Models Facebook page?

• Like 3

We had decorated 2nd Engineering Prototypes for the black and GWR green Pecketts at Telford this weekend. The first photos show it in action on the superb East Riding Finescale Group's "Hospital Gates" layout. The final picture was taken on John Rodway's "Gillan & Brown" indusatrial layout. This is a compact layout with tight  points of 3' to 4' radii and a 3-way tandem. The Peckett ran smoothly and slowy through all of them thanks to its considerable weight, sprung front axle and flywheel. 

The wheels have been completely retooled with square axles spokes and are thicker than the 1st EP. The pressed metal slide bars have been replaced with robust castings. The buffers will be blackened on production models, but are shown in bare brass because the porocess is not economical for the test builds. Studio quality photos will be taken and posted when the locos are sent to me for photography after Guildex. We expect to receive the lined light industrial green sample shortly.

Please note that the introductory offer price of £235 including carriage expires at the end of Monday 7th September 2015 after which the price increases to £255. We will honour orders received up until then received by e-mail, post, courier, post-horse or carrier pigeon. The order form is here: http://www.minervamodelrailways.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Order_Form.pdf

post-13142-0-35288800-1441547985_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-55267100-1441547987_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-19050400-1441547990_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-74010900-1441547992_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-48222800-1441548033_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Looking good, nice to see it 'in action' on a layout to give a better feel for its size. I'll wait to see pictures of the light industrial green before I decide between that or plain black. (If only the wallet could stretch for a pair!)

Chris,

Have already ordered a singing & dancing version from Paul, so I'm delighted to see them doing their stuff so capably. They look great. One question, Is it easy to get in to the cab to fit a crew?

Best

Simon

If the figure is in a normal posture there should be no difficulty sliding crew in just like the real thing.

Chris

I have had some time to take some studio photos of the Minerva Peckett. These are the second engineering prototypes and the first decorated samples. I have painted the brass buffers with Humbrol Metalcote steel enamel paint. The production models will have blackened buffers. We are waiting for the decorated sample of the lined light industrial green version. As soon as we have approved it we will be able to start on the production models.

The introductory offer price expired on 7th September, but advanced orders are still being taken. We will not debit your card until the models are in the UK and ready for delivery. Order forms are at http://www.minervamodelrailways.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Order_Form.pdf. We  also take orders by phone on either 02920 531246 (Chris Basten) or 07775 782086 (Chris Klein)

Regards,

Chris

post-13142-0-73225000-1441969440_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-46214300-1441969443_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-20080100-1441969446_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-49127900-1441969449_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-03509300-1441969471_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-26395900-1441969474_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-44570500-1441969477_thumb.jpg

• Like 9