David Geen Kits - Positive Announcement of Future Kits

Coach bogie

• 2 weeks later...

From David

David Geen Kits/Haye Development 4mm Coaches.

David Geen kits would like to announce the acquisition of Haye Developments from the late Roger Slade of CSP kits, hand over details have been agreed and are being finalised. David Geen kits want to ensure the continued availability of the 4mm range, of which many diagrams are only available from the Hayes Range.

Initially the coaches will be available as flat etches only, apart from the Dreadnoughts which will be supplied with the recessed door casting. Castings and plastic roof section, to complete will be available from the current David Geen Kits range, but sold separately. The only kit not to return is the F13 Concertina slip as this coach is already represented in the current David Geen Kits range.

David can be contacted on 01429 269600 or email at davidgeen111@gmail.com

Please be aware that David is not available at all times to take telephone calls and answer emails. He tries to return enquiries as fast as possible, but family commitments come first.

Mike Wiltshire

Edited by Coach bogie
  • Like 3

From David

David Geen Kits/Haye Development 4mm Coaches.

David Geen kits would like to announce the acquisition of Haye Developments from the late Roger Slade of CSP kits, hand over details have been agreed and are being finalised. David Geen kits want to ensure the continued availability of the 4mm range, of which many diagrams are only available from the Hayes Range.

Initially the coaches will be available as flat etches only, apart from the Dreadnoughts which will be supplied with the recessed door casting. Castings and plastic roof section, to complete will be available from the current David Geen Kits range, but sold separately. The only kit not to return is the F13 Concertina slip as this coach is already represented in the current David Geen Kits range.

David can be contacted on 0129 269600 or email at david.geen111@gmail.com

Please be aware that David is not available at all times to take telephone calls and answer emails. He tries to return enquiries as fast as possible, but family commitments come first.

Mike Wiltshire

Great news.  Thanks. Longstanding requirements include a Dreadnought Composite, Van Third and the 70' Double-Ended Slip.  IIRC, there was  a 70' Toplight or 2 in the range, too.  Looking for another 70' Brake Composite of some description.

Was there a 70' Newspaper Van, or was that just Mallard/Blacksmith?

I believe David already has some flush-sided 70' Toplights in his range, though I seem to recall that they were significantly more expensive than the Hayes/Blacksmith/Roxey ranges.  Still, this is one type of coach built to 70' not yet represented in the mix, which I think is a significant omission.

As 247 Developments are not, I believe, re-introducing the TPO etches, there is another gap there to be filled - L13 and L14 Dreadnoughts and the Collett TPO of the early '30s.

As 247 Developments are not, I believe, re-introducing the TPO etches, there is another gap there to be filled - L13 and L14 Dreadnoughts and the Collett TPO of the early '30s.

For TPO sides you could look for the Hammond range of old, who produced most of the clerestory and steel sided. 247 only produced the L13. For the L14 I believe, Trevor Charlton was the only source.

post-9992-0-24564000-1495366684_thumb.jpgpost-9992-0-39067200-1495366685_thumb.jpgpost-9992-0-84007700-1495366687_thumb.jpgpost-9992-0-01888300-1495366689_thumb.jpg

Hayes have the unusual E78 brake compo(ex tricomp) with the guards lookout.

Mike Wiltshire

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I have a couple of W/050 Diag L/P autotrailer kits that are surplus to requirements. Both are complete, untouched and unstarted. UCurrent list price is £95.00 each, I'm looking for £70 ono, plus postage at cost or they can be collected at the Warminster show this coming weekend. Paypal preferred,

Pm me if interested,

Jerry

For TPO sides you could look for the Hammond range of old, who produced most of the clerestory and steel sided. 247 only produced the L13. For the L14 I believe, Trevor Charlton was the only source.

attachicon.gifTPO A Cor.JPGattachicon.gifTPO B Cor.JPGattachicon.gifTPO C L15 Cor.JPGattachicon.gifTPO D Cor.JPG

Hayes have the unusual E78 brake compo(ex tricomp) with the guards lookout.

Mike Wiltshire

Thanks, Mike,

247 used to do the Collett TPOs, phased into the WoE TPO during the early '30s.  By 1935 I believe all the clerestories had gone, the last probably being the K9 brake.  But the Dreadnought-style 70' L13 and l14 were still going.  I have, somewhere, 247 etches for one of these (I guess from what you say, the L13), but it was missing much vertical beading and I suspect represented some plating over probably from the later half of the 1930s. 

Memory fades, but was E78 the "Tri-bog-comp"?  I seem to recall this was in the Hayes catalogue. 

Thanks, Mike,

247 used to do the Collett TPOs, phased into the WoE TPO during the early '30s.  By 1935 I believe all the clerestories had gone, the last probably being the K9 brake.  But the Dreadnought-style 70' L13 and l14 were still going.  I have, somewhere, 247 etches for one of these (I guess from what you say, the L13), but it was missing much vertical beading and I suspect represented some plating over probably from the later half of the 1930s. 

Memory fades, but was E78 the "Tri-bog-comp"?  I seem to recall this was in the Hayes catalogue. 

Some of the Clerestories were kept as spares. There was an L15 double net clerestory parked up at Old Oak, though whether it was actually used or not I do not know. The GPO paid to have reserve vehicles. The K17 clerestory stowage lasted until the 1950’s again paid for by the GPO. This one was definitely used. There was a recent Great Western journal with a shot of a county at the stops at Paddington with a K17 on an adjacent platform.

The E78 is the tri bog with the clerestory style lookouts

Mike Wiltshire

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

As we near Railwells, and I start to planning shopping list.

Could anyone confirm if David sells the chassis from the Mitchell kits seperatly (and what the current price is)

I have a very poor running P4 43xx which I am thinking about rebuilding in OO for Brent

Thanks.

As we near Railwells, and I start to planning shopping list.

Could anyone confirm if David sells the chassis from the Mitchell kits seperatly (and what the current price is)

I have a very poor running P4 43xx which I am thinking about rebuilding in OO for Brent

Thanks.

Depends if it is just the etch or with wire and bits

Mike Wiltshire

• RMweb Gold

Depends if it is just the etch or with wire and bits

Mike Wiltshire

I think it's just the main chassis etch / spacers / pony truck that would be needs, as all of the bearings, horn blocks, cylinders etc would be recovered from the existing chassis.

• 2 months later...

David has his stand at Scaleforum this weekend.

He is officially announcing his retirement from trading at the show.

David will cease trading at the end of May 2018. After this date the business will sold. There have been enquiries and it is hoped the range will continue with a new owner. The sale will not include the Mitchell loco kits which will return to the current owner Pete Waterman.

David would like to thank everyone for their enthusiastic support over the years, but the time has come to spend more time with his family and his own layout.

David can be contacted on 01429 269600 or emailed at

davidgeen111@gmail.com

These are not manned 24 hours, and David has other commitments, but he will get back to you when he can.

There are still a couple of shows that David has accepted if you want to meet in person or get yourself down to Aylesbury this weekend.

Edited by Coach bogie

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have just been sorting through the Hayes range with David and found a few surprises.

Firstly for 4mm modellers there is an underframe etch for the Airfix/Hornby Centenary Brake 3rd.

post-9992-0-45827600-1518464806_thumb.jpg

This is more detailed than the Comet underframe and include body detail parts such as water tanks, fillers and a couple of window frames. as far as we can tell, this has never been released.

I am trying to judge demand for this. If it of interest, please let me know a sthis will determine whether David runs any more off.

There is also a 4 wheel coach diagram S?? (sorry image is corrupt, I will take another later in the week.). This is a complete body/ underframe that needs the ends and roof from a ratio wheeler.

David has run one etch from every film available. Less of a surprise, considering previous owners, are 7mm etches for the Dreadnoughts. These are etches only and if anyone is interested, they are available at cost. Please let me know, as they are not part of David's current plans.

Mike Wiltshire

• Like 2

I have just been sorting through the Hayes range with David and found a few surprises.

Firstly for 4mm modellers there is an underframe etch for the Airfix/Hornby Centenary Brake 3rd.

Hayes Cent underframe.jpg

This is more detailed than the Comet underframe and include body detail parts such as water tanks, fillers and a couple of window frames. as far as we can tell, this has never been released.

I am trying to judge demand for this. If it of interest, please let me know a sthis will determine whether David runs any more off....

I'd have one. Although I have no plans to build a Centenary, the etch looks perfect for mounting in a picture frame.

• 1 month later...

At the Aylesbury show last year it was announced David was retiring in May 2018 and in anticipation I placed an order with him in late Feb. Since then nothing. Have called and emailed twice, once to his gmail account but no reply and my cheque hasn’t been banked.

Has David stopped trading early, had the business been sold? Does anyone know how to get hold of him other than via the email and number posted somewhere on here?

• RMweb Premium

At the Aylesbury show last year it was announced David was retiring in May 2018 and in anticipation I placed an order with him in late Feb. Since then nothing. Have called and emailed twice, once to his gmail account but no reply and my cheque hasn’t been banked.

Has David stopped trading early, had the business been sold? Does anyone know how to get hold of him other than via the email and number posted somewhere on here?

Probably away again, which is nothing unusual. He's due to be at Scalefour North in Wakefield in a couple of weeks time. I'm hoping to catch up with him then. I will email him, i don't usually get a reply, but he's always turned up with my orders in the past.