David Geen Kits - Positive Announcement of Future Kits

Coach bogie

At the Aylesbury show last year it was announced David was retiring in May 2018 and in anticipation I placed an order with him in late Feb. Since then nothing. Have called and emailed twice, once to his gmail account but no reply and my cheque hasn’t been banked.

Has David stopped trading early, had the business been sold? Does anyone know how to get hold of him other than via the email and number posted somewhere on here?

I rang him last week on 01429 269600 His wife has been seriously ill which has distracted him but she has made improvements recently which has allowed him to spend more time dealing with orders. He is optimistic about selling the business. Give him a ring, he will be able to tell you whether he can supply before he retires (some cast kits may be a problem).

Martin

• 1 month later...

Hopefully I'll catch him at ExpoEM.....

David is no longer able to attend Bracknell. Wakefield was his last show. His wife's condition has not improved and Bracknell is too far for him to attend to his wife and trade.

There will be an official announcement in a coupe of days, but essentially, the only items available from now will be ex stock.

Mike Wiltshire

David is no longer able to attend Bracknell. Wakefield was his last show. His wife's condition has not improved and Bracknell is too far for him to attend to his wife and trade.

There will be an official announcement in a coupe of days, but essentially, the only items available from now will be ex stock.

Ah. That's a shame. These things happen.

I had been hoping to buy a "Castle" kit this time round, but looks like it's not to be.

Does that mean the mooted sale has fallen through?

Possibly but it is not unusual for run stock levels down before selling a business so that the new owner has to pay out less initially and can restock to suit demand. It also helps with assessing and valuing the stock for sale as there are fewer items to count.

Possibly but it is not unusual for run stock levels down before selling a business so that the new owner has to pay out less initially and can restock to suit demand. It also helps with assessing and valuing the stock for sale as there are fewer items to count.

Nothing has fallen through. Negotiations and stock level are dictated by time, which David has little of at the moment as he is looking after his wife.

Mike Wiltshire

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...
2 hours ago, Coal Tank said:

Hi, does  anyone know if any of these kits are still being made 

Nothing being made now. Family health issues prevent any further productions. There have been some sales of existing stock and just etches only when circumstances allow.

Mike Wiltshire

• 2 months later...
On 01/02/2022 at 18:57, Coach bogie said:

Nothing being made now. Family health issues prevent any further productions. There have been some sales of existing stock and just etches only when circumstances allow.

Mike Wiltshire

Has David posted any lists of what he has available?

He has not posted any lists. There was a stock check, before Christmas. Not many wagon kits left. Geen and Hayes coaches are etches only as David is not able to cast the fittings.

Mike Wiltshire

• 1 month later...
On 20/06/2022 at 10:24, The Fatadder said:

What’s the current situation with contacting David around to enquire about coach etches?

id like to find out if it would be possible to get a set of  etches for the Hayes brakedown crane vans.

You can call him, at home. You are more likely to get an answer via phone. His email is not always working. Etches only can be ordered. There were no tool vans, in stock, last time I was there. UnfortunateIy, I will not see him until December so cannot offer further information.

Mike Wiltshire

Edited by AY Mod
Personal data removed

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Coach bogie said:

You can call him, at home.  You are more likely to get an answer via phone. His email is not always working. Etches only can be ordered. There were no tool vans, in stock, last time I was there. UnfortunateIy, I will not see him until December so cannot offer further information.

Mike Wiltshire

Thanks Mike, 

I will try giving him a call and see what can be done.  I had been debating 3d printing the mess / tool vans, but a lack of a drawing as a start point put paid to the idea for now.  Then someone reminded me about the kits so figured it worth a shot.