TT 1.120 CD Czech rail

trainman67

Hi folks

I am a newby on this site

I just wondered if anyone out there is working with TT gauge  !.120 I have been trying to get a lay out together for many years When started collecting my future Czech model railway together there were very few factory models made yes berliner bahnem made some steam and  1 electric I am no expert so i sure some of you will know a lot more than i do

However the Czechs made a lot of Resin bodies of all the models that they wanted and if possible adapted a chassie to fit there bodies i bought lots and have only made a few

My biggest problem was curved points to suit my board i could not get any .So after a few failed attempts i eventually made 7 curved  points  i used peco code 80 rail, copper clad sleepers my biggest problem was first to make a set of gauges it then be came a little easer.

I think thats enough for today lets see what interst if any there is

Thank for reading Derek Turner

• RMweb Gold

There is now quite a bit of ready to run Czech TT scale locos and coaches from the likes of Roco MTB. Keun and Tillig do coaches etc.

We bought quite a few resin bodied locos both ready built and also the bodies which we cleaned up added mechanisms and details etc.

You can see many of these on our Czech layout Smrzovka thread

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/53391-smrzovka-czech-tt-scale/&do=findComment&comment=636593.

Tillig now do rather nice turnouts that can also be curved a little.

Hi Derek,

To give you an idea of what's currently available, here's the current models at one German model shop which offers a filter showing their Czech(osolvakian) stock.

http://www.mbs-sebnitz.de/produktkatalog/l/railroad=cd=cd-cargo=csd/spurweite=tt.html

Plus what is in my opinion the best looking TT track: http://www.ttfiligran.de/

I would like to thank you all for your infomation provided there is a lot of things i did not know.

First my first post i wanted to see if there was any body out there working with TT 1.120 Until i knew how the land lied i was afraid of boring people with some thing of no interst to most of you

I did no that pilz make very good track and points ,i have straight  points all three sizes, double swiches also curved points everything except the curved points are superb the curved points are the hinged type and have been nothing but trouble

The hinge is very nicely done but opperation wise they are useless the hinge rocks just enough to cause miss alinement with the rail it hinges on so after hours of messing about i realised that the only thing i could do was make some myself and when i made gauges i was able to make 6 useful points,I have tried most types of point motors including tilling under floor .fugerex,conrad  I found the conrad far to flimsy but definitlel cheaper though.and finally tortiose with 0.32 piano wire the wire they supply is way to thin and springy for me they are perfect except they stick down to much under the board

The trains i know they they make excellent  I have trains by berliner Bahen tiliiing roco MTB and lots of good moden stock to run with them

Originally my plan was just build a lay out DC that would work faultlessly  so  until about a month ago i did not have a track to run any thing.

My next purchase was NEC DCC control set i have just managed to buy 3 locos 2 cloudy Bardaodka MTB and ROCO 754 sound equipped as manufactord

So that has given me some long awaited enthusiasm to get more done

I think that will do for now thanks everybody

Dirk

Archived