Searching for photos of A4 60007's frames

Horsetan

I have started doing a bit of picture-hunting to help with the building of a Finney A4 kit, which will eventually become 60007 "Sir Nigel Gresley" in modern-day preserved condition.

Unfortunately I have hit a bit of a blank as far as the mainframes are concerned. Are there any photographs, or sources of photographs, of 60007's frames in a stripped-down state, i.e. during overhaul? There seems to be nothing available on Flickr.

I have made enquiries of the SNG Locomotive Trust, but have no answer yet.

All suggestions gratefully received.

.....could also do worse than chucking a fiver to the SNG to help the ever looming overhaul along.

Thanks. I did in fact offer a donation towards the next overhaul, but so far no response is forthcoming.

I did see the Wandleys site via Google as well, and these are helpful close-ups. I was after a broadside or two of the bare frames, with all wheels and motion removed.

Edited by Horsetan

• 6 months later...

Thanks. I did in fact offer a donation towards the next overhaul, but so far no response is forthcoming.

I did see the Wandleys site via Google as well, and these are helpful close-ups. I was after a broadside or two of the bare frames, with all wheels and motion removed.

Mate, are you on facebook?  If you are try getting in touch with Adam Dalgleish Engineering (they also have a website) who are a firm of boilersmiths based in Stockton.  They are basically a group of disenchanted NYMR staff who left and set up their own business many of whom worked on the last overhaul of 60007, they might be able to help, if not I'll have a look for you.  Or if you fancy coming up here and taking the photos yourself (ok the wheels are still in atm) let me know and I'll arrange access to 60007 while its still on site.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

I know this is dragging up an old topic for which I apologise but 60007 is basically a set of frames with the cab perched on the back in the 'Works' gallery at the NRM at the moment.

A fairly poor picture is appended but it was only intended to show that the work is being supervised by a wily old bird ....