RMweb - 10 Years Old

Andy Y

Congratulations Andy it is my only railway modelling stop on a daily basis.

The site I look at 1st when I wake I up then at every available chance to see if my little notification icon has a magic number beside.

So well done and here's to many more years.

Steve

See what happens when you take something to market, exchange it for some beans ! Once they have taken root something magical happens :)

Although I haven't been here very long I've discovered a host of new and exciting people from across the globe with a mutual interest, and made new acquaintances, all to the betterment of this railway modelling bug I picked up ( around my 6th birthday).

Thank you for all you and the team behind the site for continuing to provide the service and long may it reign !

Happy RMWeb modelling to all :)

Grahame

• Like 3

Congratulations Andy! I know the sort of effort involved in anything like this, and it can be a draining but very rewarding experience. I'm so glad you stuck it out, through thick & thin.

Also I've got to laugh that you managed to capture BlackRat joining RMWeb!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

and the first member name in the archived pages is me! but under my old name.  I chose that so that people might be more tolerant of what I didn't know.

Only 10 years?

Can I be the tenth to add my congratulations? I haven't been back in this hobby for more than a few months (after a 25 year hiatus) and it's amazing how much information is available these days, including of course RMweb, which is now one of my regular daily stops.

• Like 1

I don't feel that I contribute very much but I get my questions answered, glean some excellent ideas and thoroughly enjoy the friendly help exhibited on here.

Congratulations Andy and all those who make this such an excellent Forum. Well done!

• Like 2

Congrats Andy on this 10 year milestone.  I think we both had hair 10 years ago…. :no:

It's come a long way since those first few pages and its been a privilege to be part of the fun and games since 2005.

Here's to the next 10 years... :drink_mini:

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

So, what's the new, new version going to look like ? ( It must be time for a change).

Congrats to you Andy for the vision , for seeing things through when times were really tough personally and for keeping the whole forum steady during it's many incarnations.

Stu

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I've only been a member since 2010, but in that 5 years my modelling standards have massively improved thanks to the forum, although the amount of actual modelling I do has decreased, again thanks to the Foum  :no:

Happy Birthday Rmweb

Thanks Andy for all yor work

Owen

• RMweb Premium

I missed the very first version of RMweb but have been around for almost all of those 10 years and well remember the 'Poopex' time when the site would disappear for days on end and there were doubts if it would ever come back. As you say, our Members' Day in 2007 was a memorable occasion with Puds and Sunshine Coast coming from Eastbourne and the Good Captain and his SWAG crew from deepest Devon - all the way to Derby to join many other people they had never met before who all had a common purpose - membership of RMweb and the enjoyment of model railways. (With apologies to the others who were there for not naming them all !)

Over that time we have seen a lot of members join, a few leave for various reasons and of course we have lost some good friends. . . .

Here's to the next ten years

Mike

• Like 4

I feel I must echo what other people have said before me here. A big thank you to Andy and his vision some ten years ago in putting his thoughts into action. ALSO it has pushed my modelling boundaries somewhat so that I am now working in three different gauges, but that's a story for another time and place.

Well done sir, as I raise a metaphorical glass of ale and toast your health! And that of RMWEB too....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

ten years, a lot's happened in that time!

2nd child, 2 houses, 5 jobs, 15 cars, 4 layouts, too many locos bought and sold

i found the forum in about 2006 after someone linked to here from the rails of sheffield forum and i've never left

Edited by big jim
  • Like 3

Congratulations Andy for reaching 10 years.  A lot has changed since the beginning.

May you keep enjoying the ride. 

When looking at the Wedding anniversary stone on Wikipedia for 24 years of marriage celebrated last week end, I noticed that 10 years is Tin.  So hopefully its not back to Tin for the Models.  I doubt it.

Mark in OZ

Congratulations RMWeb! Here's to the next ten. I dread to think how many hours/days/weeks/months I have spent on here cumulatively if It was all added up. Perhaps the tech guys could put a little 'time spent on site' feature below our icons? Maybe not though, it might come as a shock....