RMweb - 10 Years Old

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Without being too anal I have to say RMweb has certainly enriched my life and layout too with its membership of banter, support and information coming from all over the globe.A fabulous resource and I salute it at 10 years old.

Andy Y is officially a legend.

• Like 3

Congratulations Andy and the mods and all the members on reaching the 10th birthday.

It's a great web site and all credit to Andy for setting it up and keeping it alive all this time.

Many of you will have already seen this but for the benefit of newer members the attached is the relevant posts on the old BRM forum that are the conception of RMWeb.

Happy Birthday to us:

attachicon.gifYour input would be valued.doc

The second post in that attachment is me (edit - half the posts are me, by I had a big gob back then!), I remember when Rmweb was 'born' and was there at the birth. It was streets ahead of the clunky then BRM forum. After a while I had a hiatus from the hobby and have only been a member of the original Rmweb then the current incarnation. Edited by Norm81
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hello. I did not realise that RMweb was ten years old. It has also inspired me, and is doing so now, as I contemplate new projects. I wish to say a very happy birthday, and here's all the best to a further, and, hopefully, very successful ten years.

With the very best regards,

Market65.

10 years - I feel old all of a sudden - I still have a fondness for those early days, when as one fired up the old PC and didn't know if RMWeb would be live or down again :D

Never having been, as everyone knows, one to believe the membership total or the number of views for a topic, because there always seems to be the same few posting on here as regulars. But the total postings have certainly gone up. There was a time when I could read everything of interest and now I find it difficult to keep up with my favourite topics and regularly miss and then get surprised by things new. There just isn't time in the day any more.

On a more sober note, I am going to raise my glass to those souls we have lost along the way. Some great modellers, contributors among them.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Sorry matey, I think that's too tame.

We should elevate him to the most senior level of National Treasure...!

Yes.He's right up there with Julie Walters and Cilla Black !

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

10 years!

Don't be silly, I would have planned and built loads of layouts over ten years.........

Oh, right 10 it is then, happy Birthday Rmweb and well done Andy and everyone else for your work on a great achievement for the Hobby.

Matt

• RMweb Gold

10 years and I don't look a day over 60.

Happy birthday to all and sundry - and especially to Andy for all the hard work, in the face of extreme testing at times over the years - and no doubt there will be for years to come sadly.

Can I make a claim for the title of being the longest serving reader with the lowest number of posts?! Not an honourable claim I admit but think of us as the "audience".

I too remember those early days on the BRM site and the great escape to Rmweb. And those occasions when the tunnel appeared to have caved in!

Might I suggest that others,like myself, who have derived great entertainment and information from this site over the years and its community of members to, just this once, raise their voice in thanks to all but Andy in particular.

Many thanks,

Glover

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

See what happens when you take something to market, exchange it for some beans ! Once they have taken root something magical happens :)

Although I haven't been here very long I've discovered a host of new and exciting people from across the globe with a mutual interest, and made new acquaintances, all to the betterment of this railway modelling bug I picked up ( around my 6th birthday).

Thank you for all you and the team behind the site for continuing to provide the service and long may it reign !

Happy RMWeb modelling to all :)

Grahame

I also think the site is magic but that analogy.... I always worry about jack in the beanstalk.

Boy disobeys mothers instructions is duped by a con man, luckily for him the beans are magic.. Climbs the stalk without any cares for health and safety, enters someone's house without permission, steals goods and kills the home owner as he chases the thief. Hmmm.

Andy

Wow... I say the message yesterday it surprises me that I have been here 7 of those years. Congrats to Andy for all the hard work over the years. We look forward for the next 10.

Bet we will still have the froth for the next round of manufacturers releases though.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

In which case he gets a free pasty at Taunton ;)

Too late ! The title of National Treasure 2015 has already been awarded to Liam Gallagher, as per Red Nose Day last Friday. However I would be more than happy to nominate Andy Y for 2016 !

• RMweb Gold

Too late ! The title of National Treasure 2015 has already been awarded to Liam Gallagher, as per Red Nose Day last Friday. However I would be more than happy to nominate Andy Y for 2016 !

What??!!

I can hardly believe it! That bit was way past my bedtime, so I didn't stay up to watch...!

Congratulations Andy. 

Happy 10th anniversary RMweb.

Ten years of (mostly) thankless work to keep it alive. I hope the reward continues feels as great for you as the opportunity to contribute to the community your efforts to create a home for and nurture does to me.

Joining in January 2008, I felt like a new boy (as one does), and in some ways still feel like there are so many who have been here much longer than me. Even if I missed the period with the most traumatic growing pains, it's nice to know that I've been a part of most of RMweb's tenure. 

Thank you.

Where do we send the tin gifts?

Will there be a commemorative tinplate model to celebrate the 10th (tin) anniversary? ;)