Watford Finescale

Jol Wilkinson

I'm surprised that nobody has yet mentioned the "revived" Watford Finescale Show!

Formerly know as the Finescale Extravaganza, it was usually in November and was always one of the best "regional" shows. In addition to a good mix of great layouts and specialst traders, it always received the highest accolades for the quality of it's cakes. It's good to see that the Watford Club are running the show again after a couple of years break.

If any L&NWR enthusaists are going, why not pop along to London Road for a chat.

post-1191-12659976942179_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Watford on the Sunday and it was very quiet apparently Saturday was quiet too with around 500 people, I am not too sure of the reason for this, maybe it was a change or venue, the move from November date, lack of adverising or a the gap of a couple of years since the last show.

The trade support was good although I felt the venue a bit of a rabbit warren, personally I prefered the old Westfield school venue.

Managed to get some bits and pieces but forgot to get some etched shackles of Roxey.

David

I visited on Saturday and it did strike me as rather quiet. I put it down to being after lunch and the spread out nature of the venue. Clearly though, there was a general lack of traffic which was a shame, given the layouts and trade on offer.

There were also a couple of other shows in this corner of the South East on Saturday (Princes Risborough and Milton Keynes) and I wonder whether those and it being a half term weekend also made a difference?

Andy

• RMweb Premium

I went on the Saturday, and although perhaps not as good as it's heyday I did think it a pretty good exhibition overall. Good quality layouts and traders. I think the old venue was better though, and the cakes were sorely missed by many I'm sure....

Brian

• RMweb Gold

The lack of visitors, while far from ideal for the exhibitors and traders, certainly has its benefits. I attended on Sunday afternoon and was able to loiter where I pleased for as long as I liked... no jostling, great unwashed, or back packs to contend with!

I attended the show also on the sunday, was a very good show, better than the other 2 i attended the day before. I did note there was not many visitors... maybe due to its new location.. was pretty hard to find, there were no signs out to find it and was pretty tucked away. Its a shame not many came but was a very good show.

Archived