Richmond Branch

20200729_175425.jpg.91108fbf04d7ad01d927f87cd531f2ff.jpgHi railway people

It's been a while since I shared something on this website with you.
My newly built attributes are a water column like this on Richmond was not quite complete yet, but at the beginning there is an attempt to build a signal bracket working and with light. the last light did not work but I have become wiser how to construct it so that later when I order the MSE or wizard signal etching I have a good idea how to make it.
Finally I built bridge nr 7 here also money that it is not sure that it will stay in my job because I have worked from a few photos and some sizes that I noted several years ago using estimates,

Maybe I will have the opportunity to get real drawings of the bridge then I will rebuild it with brass profiles this is made of cardboard and some wood

Henk20200729_175408.jpg.36f1728137b29a2c4b875fcdb3ddb82e.jpg

20200729_175413.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I will have a look and see if I can find any bridge drawings for you - not the greatest picture - but shows you are on the right tracks. Richmond is to the left and to the right, the coal drops are to the far side of the bridge.

IMG_3000.JPG

Edited by JimFin
  • Like 1

Hi,

Sorry I didn't get back to you about the bridge 7 drawings my architect friend has for you.  He has them, it's just a matter of getting him to get in touch with you to work out how to get them to you.  I believe these may be the large format drawings that draughtsmen used to do so they'll need scaling somehow to get to you.

I'll keep on it for you.

Cheers .. Alan

Hi Jim

Thanks for the attention you give to my questions.

Yes I have build that bridge from that picture you put on this forum.

It is a first try and when I have a good drawing I will make it again and spent much more time to it.

Greetz Henk

Hi members

Because it's not possible for me to go to England this year I hope that there are some members that will help me with my questions.

And there are members that already did ,thank you very much for that.

Chris wrote some time ago that he had place for a house along the railway, St Martins house, I have looked for that and it is also a nice building for my layout and I have space for that, also near the Sandbeck there was a pumpstation on old maps I can find the house and some small buildings with no name.

On the internet I could find 3 pictures of St. Martins house , 2 from the front and 1 from the front right side, the side to the swale.

Questions:  1: Are there members who had more information of the house, pictures of the left side and the backside.

2: Are there members who know more about the pumpstation.

The picture I have found  till now .

Greetz Henk

1687672_9981a1d5.jpg

101157659-97637-800.jpg

58c6d8256d94b6a4c1186183648198d1c39cf120.jpg

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 4 months later...

Hi members

Subject is Broken Brea level crossing

This will be a new part for my modelrailway but i only have a few pictures of it till now

Thats the problem at the moment

So, I hope there are people who can tell me more about it.

Special the mesurements of the gates are not clear for me even when I looked to the picture.

Build the hut and house is not a problem.

I already build the electronic part with arduino for it .

Hope there is someone who can tell me more about it.

Greetz

HENK

imgID115719801.jpg.gallery.jpg

Z.jpg

• Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...
On 31/07/2020 at 12:36, henkholland said:

Hi Jim

Thanks for the attention you give to my questions.

Yes I have build that bridge from that picture you put on this forum.

It is a first try and when I have a good drawing I will make it again and spent much more time to it.

Greetz Henk

In the hope they may be of some assistance:

1984702088_Bridge02.JPG.70c3917cb7c1409486fc0a4b05482ab8.JPG

908281109_Bridge01.JPG.c30e8864ddb721f71c0e1682e2c887c5.JPG

Edited by Edwardian
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Edwardian

Thank you for your photos,

as I look at them, I get a great longing for the actual station and Yorkshire.  Hope that after the summer and when everyone is vaccinated I can get on my bike again on the way to Yorkshire armed with camera, tape measure, paper and pencil

Greetz Henk

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...