Highfield Models

There's a "LNER Pre-1923 Brake End Corridor Coach" on sale, second-hand, on the Norman Wiseman site that appears to be made from vacuum-moulded plastic. It could also be a Highfield product. The model, and its running number, match an NER 1912-built Corridor Brake Composite to Diagram 174. I was interested in buying this model (though I decided not to do so) so asked for further information and was sent a number of photos, including the one shown below.

post-7190-0-26287200-1464643461.jpg

I too once had a Highfield Models 'catalogue' (from the York show in 1977 or 1978 IRRC ) and as far as I can recall, the range included:

-HR brake van (possibly two variants) - I've still got one of these unbuilt

-NER Milk van

-NER Brake 3rd and Compo coaches

-LSWR coach (Brake Compo ?)

-GER Tram engine (Y6)

-Sentinal 4w VBT

-GER sundries van (I think)

-GWR coach (?) 

The GCR/CLC brake must be a later model as I certainly don't recall it.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 5 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hello,

I’m reawakening this thread as I bought a van at the Kettering O gauge show yesterday which I believe might be a Highfield Models NER Milk Van. 
F7A3F2CF-6884-4C6F-9287-44D27EA15C3E.jpeg.d44b603c7422e7cd2a4611cb656886bf.jpeg

Can anyone confirm that this is the case? And does anyone know the NER diagram number?

Thanks

Andy

1 hour ago, thegreenhowards said:

Hello,

I’m reawakening this thread as I bought a van at the Kettering O gauge show yesterday which I believe might be a Highfield Models NER Milk Van. 
F7A3F2CF-6884-4C6F-9287-44D27EA15C3E.jpeg.d44b603c7422e7cd2a4611cb656886bf.jpeg

Can anyone confirm that this is the case? And does anyone know the NER diagram number?

Thanks

Andy

Yes - I'm almost 100% sure that it is. I recall building one in about 1974. Some things have moved on! We were very restricted in choice back then. The Highfield kit plus 3H  Wagons. Things changed thankfully, once Metalmodels, Mallard Models, Colin Waite and the ABS wagon kits started to appear.

Edited by djparkins
  • Agree 1